Cool vid of a Z06 vs. L/P/F-cars

POS_7.0L

some one has to learn sometime.  your not born with motor building skills.  but for example if my mom decided to wrench her jeep wih no prior experience with anything that resembles auto work it would be a disaster.  somebody has to start somewhere and these "teen" backyard mechanics can/will become the guys you take your car to in the future. :partyman:

That's great. Would you rather spend you life learning how to fix someone elses car or spend your time learning how to afford the cost of paying that guy to do it. Most of the guys who have worked on my cars have the technical knowledge to do the work that I don't but I have the car that they don't. Most mechanics don't make the kind of money that would afford them the luxury of actually owning those very cars that they have become experts on. If one can afford the cost, the time is better spent on more productive things. Like driving them ... :mrgreen:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some one has to learn sometime.  your not born with motor building skills.  but for example if my mom decided to wrench her jeep wih no prior experience with anything that resembles auto work it would be a disaster.  somebody has to start somewhere and these "teen" backyard mechanics can/will become the guys you take your car to in the future. :partyman:

That's great. Would you rather spend you life learning how to fix someone elses car or spend your time learning how to afford the cost of paying that guy to do it. Most of the guys who have worked on my cars have the technical knowledge to do the work that I don't but I have the car that they don't. Most mechanics don't make the kind of money that would afford them the luxury of actually owning those very cars that they have become experts on. If one can afford the cost, the time is better spent on more productive things. Like driving them ... :mrgreen:

i never said they had to do it for a living... i could be operations manager in a company and do all the work on my POS.....but i can take it all apart and put it all back together again. this may help me as im restricted to where i can take my car now that im in hawaii... allan wont race from a stop because he says if something breaks he cant get it fixed here but for example if he knew how to do it he would have a new clutch in the car in half a weekend.

Couldn't agree more!

i never said they had to do it for a living... i could be operations manager in a company and do all the work on my POS.....but i can take it all apart and put it all back together again. this may help me as im restricted to where i can take my car now that im in hawaii... allan wont race from a stop because he says if something breaks he cant get it fixed here but for example if he knew how to do it he would have a new clutch in the car in half a weekend.

I won't argue the point any more. Good luck to you. :supz:

02 zo6's point > mana's point.

ive always respected the guy who can turn a wrench more than the one who couldn't. anyone can pay someone to work on your car and make it fast, takes tallent, resolve, and guts to do it urself.

Agree with Mana. Screw wrenching your own car, much rather hire a pro to do it.

No one in this thread is capable of matching a true factory trained tech's abilities, and if you think you can...you are sorely mistaken.

Chalk this one up to youthful exuberance. One of the challenges L-Power is finding itself facing more and more as we attract young fans of the marque who have all the passion in the world, but lack the perspective that age and experience brings.

ive always respected the guy who can turn a wrench more than the one who couldn't. anyone can pay someone to work on your car and make it fast, takes tallent, resolve, and guts to do it urself.

So the guy who writes the check has no talent, resolve and guts?? How the hell do you think the money to write that check was made?? I know it is cool to hate on the guy with the expensive car and assume he was given that money by family or parents, let me clue you in to something. Most of us have worked our asses off to afford these toys and guess what ... it takes talent, resolve and guts to make that money. If not, everyone would be able to buy these cars. While I agree that there is a certain sense of satisfaction in working on your own ride, once you step your game up to something more exotic, you can't just start turning wrenches. I know too many people who have decided to save money and do their own work only to make things worse and end up spending more in the end. If turning wrenches is you thing, great, I just don't see many mechanics driving Lambos. With any luck ... someday you'll find that out. ;)

fcuk working on cars.

This is understood when the time it takes to fix a car is worth more to you than what it costs to have someone else do it.

You either have the time or the money... unless its a hobby and you enjoy it. That is very different.

So the guy who writes the check has no talent, resolve and guts?? How the hell do you think the money to write that check was made?? I know it is cool to hate on the guy with the expensive car and assume he was given that money by family or parents, let me clue you in to something. Most of us have worked our asses off to afford these toys and guess what ... it takes talent, resolve and guts to make that money. If not, everyone would be able to buy these cars. While I agree that there is a certain sense of satisfaction in working on your own ride, once you step your game up to something more exotic, you can't just start turning wrenches. I know too many people who have decided to save money and do their own work only to make things worse and end up spending more in the end. If turning wrenches is you thing, great, I just don't see many mechanics driving Lambos. With any luck ... someday you'll find that out. ;)

Your taking what I said a little further than what I meant, When I said no talent, resolve, or guts I don't mean in general. I mean towards their car. And not hating at all on any of you, I completely respect and admire the work that had to go into affording a car of such caliber as a Lamborghini, I hope/plan to one day join you. But I disagree on the point you made about turning a wrench on a Lambo. A Lamborghini is no differently mechanically than any other car. Sure it has 4 more cylinders than either of my cars, but that just means the headers weight more.

02 Plastic mess-06 and StoleIt-

-James Miller

LOL! I don't think either of us are getting out of hand though, just curtiously arguing a point.

fcuk working on cars.  

This is understood when the time it takes to fix a car is worth more to you than what it costs to have someone else do it.

You either have the time or the money... unless its a hobby and you enjoy it.  That is very different.

Is that not what Lambo/exotic/car lover ownership is? A hobby that you enjoy?

unless its a hobby and you enjoy it.  That is very different.

kinda what i was getting at....if i could afford it i would gladly send my car to lpe because of thier great warranty and such. but i wouldnt be able to go much beyond what they offer without voiding the warranty and i know i would put a boost controller on a turbo car the first time i wanted more power.

02 Plastic mess-06 and StoleIt-

-James Miller

LOL! I don't think either of us are getting out of hand though, just curtiously arguing a point.

No need to argue. YOU said what you had to say, leave it alone.

-James Miller

fcuk working on cars.  

You either have the time or the money... unless its a hobby and you enjoy it.  That is very different.

Is that not what Lambo/exotic/car lover ownership is? A hobby that you enjoy?

Yes. Owning... driving... even detailing. Wrenching? Not for me, not on this car. Think it's cool when guys do though... impressive.

Back in the day, when cars were still made of parts you could actually fix and not simply replace, I used to do a lot of work on mine and friends. I'd still like to find a beat to shit 69 POS to rebuild one piece at a time someday. It'll take years but it will be fun. When the Lambo was out for service for 2 weeks I'd get pissed.

Wouldnt go near the Lamborghini. I'm not good enough, I wouldnt enjoy it, and I'd fcuk it up.