Cool vid of a Z06 vs. L/P/F-cars

POS_7.0L

You should stick up for me.......I represent the realness.

I'll bow down when I see it, but Countach slays of TR is more magazine talk than anything, IMHO...

Guys that own these cars now aren't inclined to race it probably, which sucks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I joined this site in the beginning of March. Why? Because I am a car enthusiast and I like to know everything I can about all sports cars, hence the reason I come here, and to rennlist.com, and Ferrari chat. Do I want a L-car? Not particular, but it does not mean I don’t like them. There is a lot of good info on this site and that’s why I am here. I posted this vid in (the other car section), If I was trying to brag or stick it in ya’lls face I would of posted it in the (General) area. We all like street racing video’s so I thought this would be a good one. In case you forgot Allan-lambo posted this vid already yet I don’t hear you bitching at him (Nor should you).

And PS. I don’t own a POS yet, I’m to busy over here in Iraq saving ya’ll from shit heads. But I do own a 455hp camaro. And (I’m on order for a C6 Plastic mess-06 at MSRP)

First of all I joined this site in the beginning of March.  Why?  Because I am a car enthusiast and I like to know everything I can about all sports cars, hence the reason I come here, and to rennlist.com, and Ferrari chat. Do I want a L-car?  Not particular, but it does not mean I don’t like them.  There is a lot of good info on this site and that’s why I am here.  I posted this vid  in (the other car section), If I was trying to brag or stick it in ya’lls face I would of posted it in the (General) area.  We all like street racing video’s so I thought this would be a good one.  In case you forgot Allan-lambo posted this vid already yet I don’t hear you bitching at him (Nor should you).

And PS. I don’t own a POS yet, I’m to busy over here in Iraq saving ya’ll from shit heads.  But I do own a 455hp camaro. And (I’m on order for a C6 Plastic mess-06 at MSRP)

You are in Iraq? You definately have my respect and gratitude.

Absolutey agree with Allan's sentiments, my Father is a Vietnam Vet, your sacrifice is much appreciated for sure. Kick their asses and come home safe!! :prayer: :prayer:

On me not bitching at Allan for posting the video, why would I? His ID isn't "Z065.7L" which is a domestic engine tag, and he doesn't have an agenda to push.

Please understand that you are not the first guy to come on the board, have less than 2 posts, name yourself after some domestic car, then immediately dump a "kill" video on us in the Other Cars section. It happens over and over, and every time I wind up banning the clown because they were simply looking for a fight and "respect" which they simply aren't going to get. A Corvette is a Corvette. A good value, and with the C6 a genunie bargain. But ask 1,000 people if they'd trade it for a slower Ferrari or Lamborghini and 999 say yes. That's just the way it is, and it will always be that way.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't come here as our 750th domestic troll, we do have plenty of POS owners on this board, as well as a few diehard Camaro guys also, and we get along. :)

Just try to understand the circumstances, we're a target, and we attract rednecks all day long.

Yes, and thank you.

Def thanks.

Has nothing to do with a POS being a joke next to any Lamborghini. Dont care how many things you bolt onto it or whether or not the new Z laps the ring faster. It's a POS. It was always cheap med performance and now it is cheap high performance. Point being it is still cheap and the volume of POS owner and POS owner wannbes spam on every site is just insane. I now hope GM has to recall the God damn car just to experience the POS community shutting the hell up... and I had a deposit on one!

Oh, and check ur name for the reason behind the reaction. Not personal as no one knows you but when a user named Z065.7l posts a video of a POS beating a Lamborghini on a Lamborghini site... the same old, sad message seemed clear. Want to see how nice the POS herd is to someone named Allan-lambo on a POS site? Do some surfing.

Make it home safe and enjoy your car. All things considered it is still an impressive effort from GM.

I like an overall pkg myself, quality perf, and quality material, but I still can't stand the overall mentality of "it's good for what it is, a Chevy/POS."

Because it is good for what it is. NOTHING more. It's not an exotic. PERIOD.

I have a Plastic mess-06, it's fast, I like it, great bang for the buck, but it doesn't compare to an exotic. It's American made, mass produced, plastic interior, etc.

A POS is a POS. Plain and simple, doesn't matter if it is a twin turbo Ligenfelter and is faster than a Murci, it's still a POS, I see 'em on every street corner. Nobody turns there head when they see a POS, NOBODY.

It seems the only argument POS guys have is that it is fast. Big deal. I had a piece of shit Rustang a few years back that was faster than my current Plastic mess-06. So? It was still a Rustang.

I could build a Civic that goes faster than my Plastic mess-06.

As far as Mako's observation about POS guys. It's probably 90% true from what I used to see on the POS web-sites when I used to frequent them. The POS is the BEST car most of them are ever going to afford. They sleep better at night thinking the POS is better than all the overpriced exotics.

-James Miller

Mako you crack me up. Are you listening to yourself?  You sound just as bad as POS owners, actually you talk more smack than them. And then for the kicker, you decide to insult all of us by talking trash about how much money we make and that’s the reason we buy POS’s, and so on.  I make over 200,000 dollars a year at the age of 25, the reason I am buying a new Plastic mess-06 is because it’s a great sports car with a even greater heritage, and it’s a good buy.

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. We disagree. The difference is, you POS guys can't just let it lie. You've got that "but but I BELONG in the club!!" chip on your shoulders, and it means you have to post videos, look for "kills" and berate anyone who doesn't agree with you at every chance on every board you get.

Let me ask you something:

Why are you here?

You own a POS, wouldn't you be better off on a POS board? Oh wait, let me guess "you one day dream of owning a Lambo/Ferrari/etc, etc, and you're a true fan rah rah rah, but you just happen to evangelize the POS every chance you get", does that sum it up?

You like the POS, yaaaaaaaay. Good for you. I don't. Nor do most others here. If you're looking to "convert" us, you won't. Give up. I would personally. Plus, relax. I said more positive comments in this thread about the C6 than I have about the POS over my entire life, lol.

<-stupid

-James Miller

First of all I joined this site in the beginning of March.  Why?  Because I am a car enthusiast and I like to know everything I can about all sports cars, hence the reason I come here, and to rennlist.com, and Ferrari chat. Do I want a L-car?  Not particular, but it does not mean I don’t like them.  There is a lot of good info on this site and that’s why I am here.  I posted this vid  in (the other car section), If I was trying to brag or stick it in ya’lls face I would of posted it in the (General) area.  We all like street racing video’s so I thought this would be a good one.  In case you forgot Allan-lambo posted this vid already yet I don’t hear you bitching at him (Nor should you).

And PS. I don’t own a POS yet, I’m to busy over here in Iraq saving ya’ll from shit heads.  But I do own a 455hp camaro. And (I’m on order for a C6 Plastic mess-06 at MSRP)

How are you making over $200,000 in Iraq as a Soldier?

On the first page you said you make over $200,000 a year, and on this page you say you are "saving ya'll from shitheads"?

-James Miller

On the first page you said you make over $200,000 a year, and on this page you say you are "saving ya'll from shitheads"?

-James Miller

Hmmmmm ... That's a good question. Smells shady to me. ;)

-James Miller

Hmmmmm ... That's a good question. Smells shady to me. ;)

Must work for the UN in the Oil-For-Food program... or Halliburton.

If you are making $200,000 over there saving me... you're welcome for having the opportunity to be in Iraq.

We've already described why the POS is a piece of shit. I did anyway, the interior materials, the quality, etc. I feel that's detailed enough.

You domestic guys differ from the rest of us because you have misplaced pride.  

Is your last name Chevrolet?

Nope.

Is your last name Ford?

Nope.

So what the fcuk right do you have to get personally upset that I feel your car is a piece of crap? You didn't build it, and your family isn't related to the car, so why have you personalized it as your own? It's a car. When someone bashes a Gallardo, I don't give a fcuk. My last name isn't Lamborghini, the factory does not seek my opinion on the cars when they're developed, hence I could give a shit if someone criticizes it, I had nothing to do with it.

You domestic guys are all 12 years old, arguing about "Nintendo" being "better than Sega" simply because you own one or the other and your Mom won't buy you the rival. Who cares. Until your last name is on the car, stfu when I criticize it. Has nothing to do with you.

Actually, Sega's better then Nintendo, not the other way around Marios a bitch. :anal

I've just come to the conclusion that basically, you hate the POS and everything that it embodies. It doesn't matter if it destoryed everything on the planet, set the bar for the next 10years, cost 300k+, and only 50 were produced, it would still be deemed inferior because it's called a POS. POS=also-ran Oh, I don't get upset about you saying something sucks, I get upset of the mentality that some have, but. I guess what I think doesn't matter to you guys.

We've already described why the POS is a piece of shit. I did anyway, the interior materials, the quality, etc. I feel that's detailed enough.

You domestic guys differ from the rest of us because you have misplaced pride.  

Is your last name Chevrolet?

Nope.

Is your last name Ford?

Nope.

So what the fcuk right do you have to get personally upset that I feel your car is a piece of crap? You didn't build it, and your family isn't related to the car, so why have you personalized it as your own? It's a car. When someone bashes a Gallardo, I don't give a fcuk. My last name isn't Lamborghini, the factory does not seek my opinion on the cars when they're developed, hence I could give a shit if someone criticizes it, I had nothing to do with it.

You domestic guys are all 12 years old, arguing about "Nintendo" being "better than Sega" simply because you own one or the other and your Mom won't buy you the rival. Who cares. Until your last name is on the car, stfu when I criticize it. Has nothing to do with you.

Actually, Sega's better then Nintendo, not the other way around Marios a bitch. :anal

I've just come to the conclusion that basically, you hate the POS and everything that it embodies. It doesn't matter if it destoryed everything on the planet, set the bar for the next 10years, cost 300k+, and only 50 were produced, it would still be deemed inferior because it's called a POS. POS=also-ran Oh, I don't get upset about you saying something sucks, I get upset of the mentality that some have, but. I guess what I think doesn't matter to you guys.

Bullshit. I really want to want a POS again and the Plastic mess-06 is a huge step up (when they actually deliver them) but it remains a mass produced disappointment in terms of fit, finish, exclusivity, customer service, etc.. etc.. everything but its Ring time. Yippie. I've owned five, along with various imports, and like 90% of all owners I have yet to race in Germany or go beyond the random street sortie. It's FINALLY fast but a lot of work remains before POS owners can troll around Lamborghini sites posting videos and talking smack. Anything can be made to go fast but you cant bolt on what a Lamborghini delivers.

I would LOVE to see GM create a real performance division centered around the POS. If they offered a low volume version with six figure quality and service along with performance... I'd gladly pay six figures (look at all them Fords being sold for $175K+) and happily line up against anything from Europe on the street or in a parking lot. Same reason I love the Saleen, its an amazing car and demonstrates that we can produce the best cars in American... we just dont. BEST... not just fastest.

$75,000 for a POS??? No way. No matter how many fractions of a second faster it is over the base model.... it's still just a POS.

James , i couldn't have said it better. Its hard to explain to many. I own a few POS's, just bought a 96 viper GTS and have had many nice domestic cars in the past. They are great cars for what they are but parked next to the lambo's they are simply shit. No matter what i mod them to or how fast i make them there is simply no comparing them in any way.

Nice James/Cherm/LK, agree fully.

It's easy for POS fans to ride in and say "Oh you just hate the car" and repeat it over and over. Nope, bullshit. We've provided EXACT EXAMPLES of the car's shortcommings, yet the POS guys still respond with the same line.

Here's my line back:

You're blind, biased, and unwilling to see any defect or lack of progress in the car, simply because you either own one and it's all you ever will own, or, you lack real world driving experience with other exotics higher up on the chain.

That sums it up. Tired of beating my head against the wall with hurt POS owners who have misplaced pride in a car whose creation they had nothing to do with. They act like I'm pissing on an Amercian flag...wake up. It's a car. Nothing more.

So Cherm, you want overall pkg car from GM that isn't mass produced, that the common man can't have because it's easily in the six figures, that's centered around the POS, but don't want it to be called a POS? All those things are possible, but something like it with out the POS badge isn't.

75k for a POS? Thats crazy.

Nice James/Cherm/LK, agree fully.

It's easy for POS fans to ride in and say "Oh you just hate the car" and repeat it over and over. Nope, bullshit. We've provided EXACT EXAMPLES of the car's shortcommings, yet the POS guys still respond with the same line.

Here's my line back:

You're blind, biased, and unwilling to see any defect or lack of progress in the car, simply because you either own one and it's all you ever will own, or, you lack real world driving experience with other exotics higher up on the chain.

No, I clearly see what it is. No, I'm not blind, or unbiased. The only short comming I see of from your exmaples is that the inteior is plastic, oh no shit? I thought all cars inetiors were gold plated? The Diablos interior is no prize pig itself.

To answer your question about how can I make 200,000 dollars a year. Well here it is, First I served with 3rd RANGER BN (Special Operations) in OEF with the ARMY. Then when I finished my enlistment, I still felt I could do more for my country and I joined a company that will stay nameless for OPSEC reasons. I won’t tell you what I do again for OPSEC reasons. If anyone wants to call BS on this than you may go ahead, I come home on leave in a few weeks and you can tell it to me in person. Also if I offended any one by posting this vid it was not intentional. I just thought these guys in the ( other car) section would like some good street racing vids.

To answer your question about how can I make 200,000 dollars a year.  Well here it is, First I served with 3rd RANGER BN (Special Operations) in OEF with the ARMY.  Then when I finished my enlistment, I still felt I could do more for my country and I joined a company that will stay nameless for OPSEC reasons. I won’t tell you what I do again for OPSEC reasons.  If anyone wants to call BS on this than you may go ahead, I come home on leave in a few weeks and you can tell it to me in person.  Also if I offended any one by posting this vid it was not intentional.  I just thought these guys in the ( other car) section would like some good street racing vids.

Ok, I'll do it.

BULLSHIT

-James Miller

(TheLimey) are you calling Bullshit? what is your email address ill send you some of my work safe pics.  oh and i live in college station tx.

Miami Florida.

Yeah, BULLSHIT.

Hard to believe you were allowed to leave the Army, let alone a specialized unit such as the Rangers, while everyone else I know in Iraq is stuck there, regardless of whether their enlistment is up or not.

Hard to believe you are claiming to be some sort of mercenary making $200,000? :lol:

-James Miller

I believe him. I know other private security detail guys via friends who are over there, all of them are ex-special forces/seals/etc. And they're making around $120k - $180k for the job.

The stories are nuts too, it's a different world.

Regardless, Z065.7l no one is on a witch hunt for you or anyone else. We're simply defending our right to express our opinion. We're entitled to it, particularly because you won't find any of us going to POS boards out of the blue, posting Lambos absolutely destorying Corvettes, and using board IDs like "Murcie6.2l".

It's not personal when someone calls a Corvette a piece of shit, which it is. It's just their opinion. And as I said before, unless your last name is on the car, you, nor any other POS owner, has a right to get upset about it.

I believe him. I know other private security detail guys via friends who are over there, all of them are ex-special forces/seals/etc. And they're making around $120k - $180k for the job.

Ok, sure private security in the $100K range, but NOT what he said on page 1 - OVER $200,000.

He didn't say he was private security, he said he was "saving us" which implies he is actively FIGHTING, not merely being a security guard or body guard.

And I still see it as near impossible to get out of the Army, especially the Rangers at this time.

-James ( STILL CALLING BULLSHIT ) Miller