Monterey Edition #3 Rosso Vic Andretti car

lucaslaw

I just purchased the Rosso Vic #3, supposed to be the Mario Andretti car driven to lead the bull run. Some information indicates this car has some different features, like custom Tubi (it does), headers, chrome wheels (it does) and a different carbon fibre shit knob (it does). Anyone with further information on this car? I would greatly appreciate it.

LL

My car is Rosso Vic. Unless that is a really over exposed picture, that is not rosso vic.

Here is rosso vic.

IMG_3334.jpg

In the driveway..........

P2150246.jpg

DSCN1127.jpg

I just purchased the Rosso Vic #3, supposed to be the Mario Andretti car driven to lead the bull run. Some information indicates this car has some different features, like custom Tubi (it does), headers, chrome wheels (it does) and a different carbon fibre shit knob (it does). Anyone with further information on this car? I would greatly appreciate it.

LL

I spoke with one of the owners of this car. I saw that this car was at "House of Luxuries" in the Costa Mesa, CA area. He said that he drove it a lot when he had it. He said that he originally blew head gaskets about every 200 miles or so, but supposedly a different gasket material was found and the problem was resolved. Other than that, it is probably a pretty good car for the price, despite all the mileage on it.

That's where I got it. A couple of blocks away the clutch rod broke and they suggested I call AAA. After leaving me on hold, and hanging up on me they arranged, but refused to pay for a tow and took it to an amazing mechanic who tig'd it back together. They refused to pay for this also. I would not buy a glass of water from these guys if I were in the desert. Look for houseofluxuriescomplaints.com for the whole sordid affair.

Car-99,0000

tow-135.00

repair-700.00

Suing the ^&%^% out of House of Luxuries-priceless

Beautiful car! Enjoy it and drive the heck out of it.

Take care

LL

It really amazes me how some businesses are so focused on the bottom line that they fail to do the little things to win a customer over for life. I am sorry to hear about that experience you had. The good news is that you now own a badass Lambo.

Take care

Dave

That's where I got it. A couple of blocks away the clutch rod broke and they suggested I call AAA. After leaving me on hold, and hanging up on me they arranged, but refused to pay for a tow and took it to an amazing mechanic who tig'd it back together. They refused to pay for this also. I would not buy a glass of water from these guys if I were in the desert. Look for houseofluxuriescomplaints.com for the whole sordid affair.

Car-99,0000

tow-135.00

repair-700.00

Suing the ^&%^% out of House of Luxuries-priceless

It really amazes me how some businesses are so focused on the bottom line that they fail to do the little things to win a customer over for life. I am sorry to hear about that experience you had. The good news is that you now own a badass Lambo.

Take care

Dave

And yet others are so kind, the mechanic did his best, and Mario Andretti's publicist contacted me to send the manuals out for his signature, he remembers the car well, says it was a favorite.

Congrats on your new car!!!

I have video of the car when it was new from Concorso Italiano. The original owner bought it from Vik Kuliyan (Platinum Motots). When Vik was on the stage he explained how Jim H the origianl owner purchased it. He and his brothers rolled up in new Porsche's and Corvettes waiting for the dealership to open and went to LAX to get the car. Jim had just won the California state lottery and wanted to but the coolest car he could!!! I have video of the whole thing. Yes Mario did drive it on the Running of The bulls.

Steve,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the story behind your avatar pic? Any larger versions? Great looking car and lady.

JJB

I spoke with one of the owners of this car. I saw that this car was at "House of Luxuries" in the Costa Mesa, CA area. He said that he drove it a lot when he had it. He said that he originally blew head gaskets about every 200 miles or so, but supposedly a different gasket material was found and the problem was resolved. Other than that, it is probably a pretty good car for the price, despite all the mileage on it.

Talked to his mechanic, it was the oil gasket, I guess he didn't let it warm up like he should. Fixed several years ago by changing to 91-92 gaskets.

Congrats on your new car!!!

I have video of the car when it was new from Concorso Italiano. The original owner bought it from Vik Kuliyan (Platinum Motots). When Vik was on the stage he explained how Jim H the origianl owner purchased it. He and his brothers rolled up in new Porsche's and Corvettes waiting for the dealership to open and went to LAX to get the car. Jim had just won the California state lottery and wanted to but the coolest car he could!!! I have video of the whole thing. Yes Mario did drive it on the Running of The bulls.

Could I get a copy of that video? Jim had it for a few years, then Jeff had it for 8, he traded it in on a Gallardo at Orange County (RIP), HoL got it somehow, now she's mine. Given all the drama, I'm naming her "Christine"

hope youe troubles all work out.

At least you got a good deal on the car.

Thanks, even with anticipated repairs I should have under 120 in it when it's perfect.

I dug up the video I took in 98 over the weekend. Wow I forgot how cool all the Diablo's were that weekend!!! All the Monterey Edition Sv's were present. The colors were amazing (purple,pearl white,gulf blue,Verde Ithica,Pearl yellow, etc..). Your car had the SV emblems on the side as did all the others. According to Vic K your car was purchased at 6:30am and was the first Monterey SV he recieved at a sticker of $245K. It was car #1 on the Running Of The Bulls driven by Mario . Other cool things about the show were that Tonino and Feruccio Jr Lamborghini were both there since it was the 35th anniversary for the company. They were very proud that Lambo would sell 100 cars that year!

I am going to try and get this thing transfered over and put it on Youtube for all to see.

Steve,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the story behind your avatar pic? Any larger versions? Great looking car and lady.

JJB

Picture was taken in my courtyard. I posted another picture in the Countach picture thread.

Wasnt the green SV Monterey edition Verde Scandal and not Verde Ithica?

I think you are probably correct. What is the difference I forgot ?

Verde Scandal is much more yellow. Much brighter. There are a few threads with pictures of it in this section. Much more rare too! I believe the owner of the verde Scandal ME SV is a member here. Actually I know he is because he has posted talking about the car and has a pciture of it in his avatar! :icon_thumleft: