Just got a Gallardo!!

mikestyle

Hey i just received my g-car 05 e-gear with 6000 miles, is it normal for the car to shake when in and around of 2000 rpm? The car runs great however im not sure if the shake is normal, it shakes if im in neutral or just cursing down the road.

Thanks and here are some pictures of the car before it was shipped i will try to get some recent ones up in a bit.

DSC03914.JPG

DSC03916.JPG

DSC03924.JPG

DSC03915.JPG

DSC03928.JPG

Congrats!! You're going to love the car. And although Blue Caleum doesn't get alot of love, I think it's a really nice color!

I've heard about the 2k rpm shakes, but my Gallardos either didn't have it, or I didn't notice it.

Best of luck with the new ride!

Congrats!! You're going to love the car. And although Blue Caleum doesn't get alot of love, I think it's a really nice color!

:iamwithstupid:

Caleum blue is gorgeous.

Yes i purchased the car from e-carlink from Addison Texas and got it delivered in buffalo, i then drove it over the border into Canada.

I did have a PPI done by a certified lambo dealer, they said everything was mint and the car was good to go, i have also noticed that the cars idle isnt smooth, it idles at 1000rpm and has the occasional jump to about 1100rpm, is this normal? I remember a while back i was looking through the forums and read about people MAF's getting dirty and/or out of sync, could this be causing the idle to spike and/or shake? And the shake i speak of is definitely noticeable i can even feel it through the steering wheel when holding the rpm's at 2000 in neutral.

Anyways here are some more picts of it being delivered in buffalo.

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

RPM's and variance is normal, due to huge airboxes after the throttle bodies.

Shake is VERY not normal. Something is out of balance.

Does it do it when you are stopped? If so, something in the engine out of balance. e.g harmonic balancer, pulleys, pistons, etc.

If only while moving at any RPM or car speed, then could be wheels out of balance, bent wheel or driveshaft, halfshaft, or some other part of the driveline.

If only at a certain RMP whether stopped or rolling, then check engine mounts, exhaust and other mounts/bushings. The stuff above also. Something is out of balance or loose to create these harmonics.

It could also be something much more sinister, but hopefully not. Let us know what you find out.

I am also told by Lambo Canada that they nor their dealers will touch a US car. Where are you located, Toronto? Have you approached a Canadian dealer for the fix, and if so, what was the outcome?

Congrats, enjoy your new G! Variance in idle is normal, pronounced shaking is not. However, 2k rpm is NOT a sweet spot for this car, mine lugs like a mofo at that rpm range, and a little vibration is noticeable, which imo, is due to being outta the power curve.

Check this thread...Is it a 'vibration' or a 'shake'? If it's a light vibration, sounds normal - I even commented that I had it (must have been my first Gallardo, and very minor because I don't remember it).

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...mp;hl=vibration

Turbo50mike, THANKYOU

I guess it is more of a vibration then a shake, whooooo thanks for the the help it had me kinda concerned.

And about the service at Toronto lambo i dont think it will be a problem, and if it is, a little call to Italy will probably solve it.

SO anyone from Toronto know where there are some good tunnels where the cops do not hide?

Congrats, enjoy your new G! Variance in idle is normal, pronounced shaking is not. However, 2k rpm is NOT a sweet spot for this car, mine lugs like a mofo at that rpm range, and a little vibration is noticeable, which imo, is due to being outta the power curve.

I concur! Too much throttle at too low an RPM.