Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

I totally agree with the above. And I will go further.

I have no desire to know what is in the box prior to opening it on Christmas morning.

I have no desire to know details of the Gallardo replacement prior to the official unveiling at Geneva.

I just do not understand why people would want to know and how they would benefit if they did.

My hope is that the factory manage to keep a tight lid on all information and that the car has a fantastic official debut in March 14

While I agree with Fortis, I for one, like to know the info before it's official. Many people like to be the first. If they didn't there wouldn't have been wildly popular private Aventador unveilings and other such events.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish car mags would stop putting out rubbish renderings of what they think the car will look like but unfortunately it won't happen and we will be subjected to this garbage for few more months, it's ridiculous how much disregard news channels have for genuine and correct information, they publish things for the sake of publishing whether it's correct or not with zero consequences, I honestly don't get it, oh well, it seems the norm.

I totally agree with the above. And I will go further.

I have no desire to know what is in the box prior to opening it on Christmas morning.

I have no desire to know details of the Gallardo replacement prior to the official unveiling at Geneva.

I just do not understand why people would want to know and how they would benefit if they did.

My hope is that the factory manage to keep a tight lid on all information and that the car has a fantastic official debut in March 14

:iamwithstupid:

When I saw the above rendering I thought shit.. Here we go again with months of this garbage.

They did a really great job keeping the Aventador under wraps.. I hope the do the same with the G replacement

Obviously most are very curious like with anything but most importantly knowing ahead will support many who are in the market of buying or selling make decisions, that's why it's detrimental to the manufacturer/supplier's business and the secret is so well guarded.

When I was at the factory, the head mechanic told me that the finished car was in the factory, I've tried to bribe him but it didn't work :lol2:

but most importantly knowing ahead will support many who are in the market of buying or selling make decisions

Thats a valid point from that perspective. I hadn't considered that. Those not in the market for the car might have a different perspective such as mine and will be anticipating a launch untainted by leaks. I am looking forward to having my socks blown off in March.

I suspect that if Lamborghini thought that keeping the details secret was impacting deposits or future sales then they would be doing the leaking themselves. My guess is that they already have a healthy bank of deposits from customers who instinctively know the new car will be fantastic. Many Lamborghini customers trust the brand to such an extent that there is a track record of buying sight unseen.

Lamborghini is still milking the Gallardo platform, if there were leaks showing the new car which in theory should be better than the outgoing most will hold off from buying the latest offerings but that's just my opinion.

I agree with you, they must be feeling confident off the back of the Aventador demand, nowadays the market has a very short attention span everything moves very fast and people buy things for the sake of having the latest, boring MP4, meh 458, same ol 911, there is nothing exciting in the market at the entry-level, the replacement will definitely clean out.

If Lambo gets the design right it will be an absolute cash cow for them and it will further anchor the company financially so they can carry on delivering the crazy!

I will definitely make my contributions :icon_mrgreen:

I've heard they've stopped making them and the production line is being readied for the next model as we speak but you never know with Lambo :icon_mrgreen:

I've heard they've stopped making them and the production line is being readied for the next model as we speak but you never know with Lambo :icon_mrgreen:

Really? Interesting. I don't suppose anyone has one on order? If we can order them, then presumably they're still making them.

Really? Interesting. I don't suppose anyone has one on order? If we can order them, then presumably they're still making them.

Gallardo Line-Up Assembly already finished at Oct.

Last weekend a Lamborghini dealer told me he would be happy to take a Gallardo order.

It doesn't surprise me, by now they can make you one with their eyes closed in one of the lunch rooms.

New car will be showed in march at Geneva 2014, press test in may-june 2014, delivery in the second half of 2014 so it's a 2015 model. All render showed are shit: the car is different and by far better looking. The name could be Huracan, the shape will be very aggressive. I do not know anything about the V10 engine: will it be a long stroker like the actual one or will it have a big bore and a short stroke? who knows, but it's sure this will be the last V10 produced by them so maybe they kept the old cranckshaft and the long stroke.

ciao

Front end (at least there) looks a bit 360/430-ish.

I doubt that's much of a fat suit, frankly. I think what we see there is likely 85% it.

Nope. It's a fat suit.

Front end (at least there) looks a bit 360/430-ish.

I doubt that's much of a fat suit, frankly. I think what we see there is likely 85% it.

The only definitive car parts you see in those well known pictures are those that have the optical camouflage: 5% of the whole body, 95% is concealed.

It's a great looking car, trust me.

ciao

I'm more excited for the URUS

I am over fast SUV's, the only benefit will be that you can drive your whole family in a Lambo and more money in Lambo's pockets which hopefully will translate into more insane super cars.

the only benefit will be that you can drive your whole family in a Lambo

...and that is what makes it the most exciting automobile coming in the near future.