Steve at Driven Exotics

IanMan

I've been on a long road trip around California for the last week and a half and today stopped into Driven Exotics in Gilroy California. I can't say enough about Steve and how genuine he was. I had reached out to Steve a little while back to see if it'd be okay to stop by his shop. I was always enamored with the work that he and his shop did on cars-anything from tune-ups to full restorations.

I didn't take any photos, for Steve's privacy and the privacy of his clients, but his shop is pretty incredible. There were different stations for different types of work, almost like a miniature factory. Body work, upholstery, engine, etc. There were 2 VERY rare "early, early" cars there that were being restored and that was pure Lamborghini history and was a rare sight in itself.

I was fortunate enough to see a newly rebuilt Countach engine, as well as 2 Countach QV's a few 25th Anni's and many different Diablo's, (including Steve's gorgeous arancio 6.0). There were cars from all over the country, and the world! I was amazed. Steve's shop had created panels from scratch for a "really early" car that was involved in an accident and was working on pristine rarely driven cars all the way down to cars that arrived in boxes and boxes.

Once I have my Countach, I definitely know who I'm sending it too. I have no doubt in my mind that anyone who sends a car to him is in good hands. His attention to detail was spot on and some of the cars that he had looked after looked brand new for being manufactured in the 80's or 90's.

Unfortunately, Steve was very busy, so I didn't stay long, but it was a blast getting to see the magic and meet the man behind the magic and it was very kind of him to take time out of his day to show me around. Him having to take off so soon definitely displayed that his number one priority is the cars that he works on. I thought it was interesting when Steve told me that he never even sees the face of the people that use his services and often times everything is done through email and phone, so it was nice to put a face to a name. At the end of the day, it was a beautiful drive there and back, and I even got a pretty cool T-Shirt out of it! :icon_thumleft:

I thought it was interesting when Steve told me that he never even sees the face of the people that use his services and often times everything is done through email and phone, so it was nice to put a face to a name.

I've never met Steve or spoken to him on the phone ... sent my 6.0 to him and have done all communication via email. Car's going back to him later this year for service.

I'm looking forward to meeting Steve in person one day and see his shop!

I've never met Steve or spoken to him on the phone ... sent my 6.0 to him and have done all communication via email. Car's going back to him later this year for service.

I'm looking forward to meeting Steve in person one day and see his shop!

I'd say that you're in good hands! You have to make it down there! He had three or four 6.0's today when I was there, one of which was his own.

always here great things about him

I honestly thought your old CT was there today, but it ended up being a different car. Everything was exactly the same spec. Pretty cool!

I was lucky enough to meet Steve before I sent my LM002 to him, he sure is a great guy and the BEST shop I have used for restoring a car!

I think there is a thread on one of the "early cars" over on fchat about the nose restoration. Sounds like a great time. I always enjoyed similar treatment from George Evans up in Columbus. He always was happy to go talk cars.

Pics or you weren't there

You should have come with me! :P

Also, Kevin, yes. I didn't want I reveal it if it hadn't been spoken of yet, for the privacy of his client. It was a 350GT. It's looking incredible now and close to being ready for paint!