SL65

Juice it

Well, after a month of looking for another "fun" car I am picking up an SL65 tomorrow. I really wanted a G car but I need the practicality the SL has for now. It won't be an only car but when I go to my beach place for weeks at a time whatever I take is a daily driver. I need to be able to throw stuff in it and the convertible factor swings it for me. Also, since it looks like any other benz I can park it anywhere and not worry. Not my first choice but until I can get a G spyder at MSRP it should be fun. Some drag radials and a renntech upgrade and it should click off some decent numbers.

I have a friend that messed aroudn with an SL65 AMG on the highway one day. From an 80mph roll, the guy took one glance over at him (i was behind him in my car watching the challenge unfold, lol), punched the gas, and became a speck on the horizon at an easy 150+mph. He was out of sight before my friend even finished downshifting. :lol: :lol:

Those cars MOVE. :twisted: I was amazed watching that thing take off. Damn sweet peice of machinery!!!

My buddy took me to get the car a couple hours away and we rode up in his 05 C6 POS. Seemed pretty fast on the way up but when we had multiple drags down I-95 on the way home the SL blows by the POS at any speed enough to make my buddy start looking for a Plastic mess-06 when we got home. He said he couldn't beleive that something could pull on his POS at highway speeds like the SL did. The thing flies at high speeds. We switched up cars while driving home for a while and although not my choice I think the POS is a decent car for the money. The production numbers just kill the appeal for me.

on a side note, the first current generation SL arrived in my country this week and its an SL65!!!!!

just a pic that i'd like to share with you:

amx15656xs.th.jpg

I have a few pics when it was at the dealer I will try to post. It has been bad weather here for a few days so I haven't had a chance to take some pics.

If the car had a little different body (more than the subtle changes) it has than a regular SL it would be hard to beat for me. The one I got is the Silver Arrow edition so it has the carbon fiber interior which is a huge plus to me over the out of place looking wood. So far I am really impressed. Nothing like spanking a POS with the seat massager on and the Sat. radio jammin!

Ultimate stealth ride on the market at the moment, you could park it at a bus stop and not sweat it.

Good pick.

My buddy took me to get the car a couple hours away and we rode up in his 05 C6 POS. Seemed pretty fast on the way up but when we had multiple drags down I-95 on the way home the SL blows by the POS at any speed enough to make my buddy start looking for a Plastic mess-06 when we got home. He said he couldn't beleive that something could pull on his POS at highway speeds like the SL did. The thing flies at high speeds. We switched up cars while driving home for a while and although not my choice I think the POS is a decent car for the money. The production numbers just kill the appeal for me.

considering its a v12 bi-turbo... why wouldnt it?

• 2 weeks later...

I love the engine, the car is nice, but Its not what id pick, still gorgeous! good for picking up girls;)

Play some Wagner for us.

Ride of the Valkyries.

Even though it doesn't have the "look" an exotic has it still is pretty damn fun. It is easy to launch and no worry of clutch issues. First time at the track I ran 11.7 @122and after the renntech upgrades it should be 11.2 like some others are doing.

Not too shabby!