We don't see this everyday.. Blown up BMW!!!

EEExotic

I was at FedEx the other day standing in line when I heard and felt a huge blast.. Everyone around me dropped to the floor.. must have thought the world was coming to an end :twisted: It seriously sounded like a few sticks of dynamite went off. I went outside to my car.. had to make sure it was okay. right? it was covered in glass, but no damage.. I grabbed my digital and this is what I saw.. The owner of the bimmer was a plumber and had a torch tank in his trunk.. driving around all day it had moved the tank and loosened the valve.. him and his son walked out from a store and hit the auto lock button and there was instantly fire in the hole! believe it or not no one was injured in the making of this blast :finga:

Al Quiada of Utah...

:lol: My thoughts exactly....

I met the guy after he was done being questioned, I couldn't move my car for 40 minutes because of the investigation.. So I walked around and talked to the news crews and finally ran into the owner. I talked to a witness walking toward the car at the time of the blast.. he said the trunk went almost 300 feet straight up. it landed almost 200 feet away..It had to of been the underliner or skin of the trunk... in the photo you can see the interior trunk relase handle hanging down lol.. the funny thing was, all the peices that came of this car nothing landed on anything else.. the parking lot was 85% full.

It looks like "Cold" explosion, meaning no traces of fire or execesive heat.

Was the fuel tank empty ?

Thats one thing I don't understand... the way the torch tank must have been facing,, the major force of the blast went straight up.. it took the quarters off and the bumper but how did it not take out the fuel tank?

It would have been a firey inferno for allot of people.. including the owner!

umm where are you from that plumbers carry torch tanks in bimmers?

He supposedly had a quick job to do that was about an hour away.. He said he could fit his torch and other small tools in his car better than taking his big work truck.. as crazy as this sounds I've done the same thing... I've traveled with my welding tanks and torch tanks in the back of my Audi.. I won't now though.. :shock: