Shame on you Brock Yates

Tony Ierardi

I just put on the Cannonball Run DVD and realized that I now have that car :mrgreen:

All I have to do is get a set of the late style wheels and there you go ;)

So I fast forward to some of the good parts and I see Brock Yates and it reminds me that he wrote the movie and had a cameo in it.

Last year at the Barrett Jackson auction Yates was one of the commentators as a Countach rolled up to the block.

He was less than kind to the car and compared the styling to a door stop!

This just all came rushing back to me as I watched the movie.

How dare you Mr. Yates? I bet you were spooging all over your self when those cars came out in the 70's.

At least David E. Davis in the 60 Minutes interview told it like it is!

Ive heard the "doorstop" analogy before.... I dont think its a particularly NEGATIVE image...

Ive heard the "doorstop" analogy before.... I dont think its a particularly NEGATIVE image...

You had to hear his tone, he was being negitive about Countach's

I was shocked, but then again they were knocking the new Ford GT as well.

David E. Davis is a douchebag. And Yates is like our friend AJGlobal: Consumed with shitter domestic muscle cars. :mrgreen:

David E. Davis is a douchebag.

I can't stand that guy, what does the E. stand for, elephant man? I almost forgot, F-CK Brock Yates.

David E. Davis is a douchebag. And Yates is like our friend AJGlobal: Consumed with shitter domestic muscle cars. :mrgreen:

Yes he may be, but he was a Countach fan.

You nailed it, Yates is on the tin can band wagon (muscle cars)

Yates always poo poo's the Countach. Heres to you Mr Yutz :finga:

Yates always poo poo's the Countach. Heres to you Mr Yutz :finga:
All I have to do is get a set of the late style wheels and there you go

Tony let me know if you would like to swap your wheels for a set of late style wheels!

Tony let me know if you would like to swap your wheels for a set of late style wheels!

Yeah, those bravo wheels are UGLY..... :roll:

i need the gold Bravo wheels for my JALPA!!!! and i am closer !!!!!!  me ! me ! me !  :supz:

The Countach Bravo wheels and the Silhouette Bravo wheels are the same in the front but are different in the rear.

Countach 12" rears

Silhouette 11" rears

I dont think they will fit the Jalpa unless you find Silhouette rears.

PS: I would never sell the Bravo wheels. I would just buy a set of late style to have both.

David E. Davis is a douchebag. And Yates is like our friend AJGlobal: Consumed with shitter domestic muscle cars.  :mrgreen:

Yes he may be, but he was a Countach fan.

You nailed it, Yates is on the tin can band wagon (muscle cars)

<-stupid

In 5 years, they will be singing the countach praise. David E. David did it in the 60 minute story on Lambo in 1985. Here is a link I posted if anyone wants it

http://rapidshare.de/files/9191952/Lamborg..._safer.wmv.html

David E. Davis is a douchebag. And Yates is like our friend AJGlobal: Consumed with shitter domestic muscle cars.  :mrgreen:

But how could you be so negative about D-E-D. He REALLY praised the Countach in that segment.

You have to admit, his voice and speaking style is a bit charming....hehe :mrgreen:

All of the Barrett Jackson commentators do not understand Lambo's. They even down-talk some Ferrari's. Such a rediculous realm of enthusiasm for cars. American or nothing right now is absurd. Brock Yates loves the panel vans because a Countach wouldn't fit his stomach or ego.

i will say the one good thing about Brock Yates that i enjoyed was his book, the "Cannonball Run" it was an enjoyable read, definatly worth it. Then when you watch all the compiled cannonball movies, you can tell whats true.

i.e. the van that had a over 200 gallon fuel tank, with a matress on top so you could sleep in the back :)

i will say the one good thing about Brock Yates that i enjoyed was his book, the "Cannonball Run" it was an enjoyable read, definatly worth it. Then when you watch all the compiled cannonball movies, you can tell whats true.

i.e. the van that had a over 200 gallon fuel tank, with a matress on top so you could sleep in the back :)

That's funny, I just re read that this last week, It is very good and very funny. However Yates come off as a little like Chuck Norris, 100% credit with no collaboration, who knows maybe it really happened that way :lol:

That's funny, I just re read that this last week, It is very good and very funny. However Yates come off as a little like Chuck Norris, 100% credit with no collaboration, who knows maybe it really happened that way :lol:

I'll have to re-read it with that in mind, it's been a while