Lamborghinis don't come with paint?

Norris

Hey guys, nice to be here and talk Lambos I'm the proud new owner of a 2001 DIABLO (6.0L 12cyl 6M) got an awesome deal off ebay, and I'm stoked! It flies! BUT... I didn't realize you have to get them painted yourself, so my question is, how much did you guys pay for your original paint job?? Mine is quoted at $5000 for a jet black plus three clearcoats or something. But anyway I just wanted to know what you guys paid so I can get a good price. Cash is kinda low after buying the lambo, ha ha :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a couple gallons of School Bus Yellow and a roller at Homedepot for $46.00..invite a few friends,get a 12 pack of Pabst for $5.95 and save yourself a bundle.

There's no paint on it it's just like, gray and rough. Isn't that how they come? I'm assuming?

Hey Minte that sounds fun, but maybe on my next car :) I want my lambo 2 b stylin!

Dude, I just went to Home Depot, 5 cans of Krylon and I was set!

Watch that Krylon,it likes to bubble..really can look bad.Now the roller is dependable and not as messy with the overspray

There's no paint on it it's just like, gray and rough.  Isn't that how they come?  I'm assuming?

Hey Minte that sounds fun, but maybe on my next car  :)  I want my lambo 2 b stylin!

hmm..sounds like it could be a chia-car. :)

There's no paint on it it's just like, gray and rough.  Isn't that how they come?  I'm assuming?

Hey Minte that sounds fun, but maybe on my next car  :)  I want my lambo 2 b stylin!

No sounds like you bought a primered car.....id be worried that its even a real lambo and not a kit car.

lamborghini does not sell cars of any fashion - past or present- in primer. Especially in the modern age like the 6.0. Also for a true lambo paint job using the correct Global PPG system that the car will have your looking at a starting price in the $12K to $15K range and up. A good friend of mine did a factory repaint on a purple SE30 about 4 years ago to the tune of around $18K.

If you bought it off of ebay post the item number or a link. I have been watching ebay for lambos for over 5 years and I have NEVER seen a 6.0 in primer on there unless it was a kit car.

Guest SP_wEaZeL
lamborghini does not sell cars of any fashion - past or present- in primer. Especially in the modern age like the 6.0. Also for a true lambo paint job using the correct Global PPG system that the car will have your looking at a starting price in the $12K to $15K range and up. A good friend of mine did a factory repaint on a purple SE30 about 4 years ago to the tune of around $18K.  

If you bought it off of ebay post the item number or a link. I have been watching ebay for lambos for over 5 years and I have NEVER seen a 6.0 in primer on there unless it was a kit car.

ahmen brother! But hey..who knows, this could be a Lambo-Power 1st..and we've had thousands of those!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Gat Damn i hope you dont honestly think that is a real 6.0 ? :shock: If you think that thing fly's you should take that gold fiero wheel off the back and put some real speedline's on !

The car is all like this.  You can't be serious that it's not how they come.

That's a nice Pontiac wheel you have there.