Blue Devil not dead, but not greenlit for production either

Mako

Is Blue Devil Alive? Chevy Performance Might Be Heating Up

By WES RAYNAL

AutoWeek | Published 02/08/06, 12:20 pm et

Chevy officials at the Chicago auto show aren't comfirming that a higher-performance version of the Corvette Plastic mess-06, called Blue Devil, is under development. But they certainly are not downplaying the possibilities.

"We'd love to have it," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.

Sources say the Blue Devil might go with a supercharged version of the Plastic mess-06's 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.

Pricing will likely start somewhere around $100,000 if and when the car makes production in 2007.

"My guess is we're going to find a way to do something beyond the Plastic mess-06, that would be at a much higher price point, and which would compete with some of the leading high-performance cars of the world,'' GM vice chairman Bob Lutz told us last July.

One other hot rumor swirling around Detroit: Camaro produciton has been moved forward, from 2009 to 2008.

Old news..they've already been testing it at "the ring" in Road and Track some time ago :) They even had some spy shots

mako was the one that posted most of that info in the first place.

Old news..they've already been testing it at "the ring" in Road and Track some time ago :) They even had some spy shots

No.....they didn't. That turned out to be a normal Z-0-6 mule. No blue devil exists in running form.

"POS POS" Sorry, that made me laugh. Anyways, if they do end up making this thing it is going to be one helluva beast! Look at how well the stock Zee-Oh-6 is doing against a lot of higher end cars now. This Blue Devil is going to be amazing.

I hope they produce the B.D.C.

Mike and I can hang out at the Golden Corral, and drink cheap canned beer in the parking lot. - We can also talk about, who has the best diesel 3 series dually pickup.

I wonder if this and the new Murcie come out at the same time who would win in a straight line?

No doubt the murcie is the car to have, but Lamborghini owners might be finding themselves in the rearviews of these blue devils.

They need a 950HP 3000lb Murcie! :lol: :lol:

Mike and I can hang out at the Golden Corral, and drink cheap canned beer in the parking lot. - We can also talk about, who has the best diesel 3 series dually pickup.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if this and the new Murcie come out at the same time who would win in a straight line?

No doubt the murcie is the car to have, but Lamborghini owners might be finding themselves in the rearviews of these blue devils.

They need a 950HP 3000lb Murcie! :lol: :lol:

the new M will need to weight even more, so honestly, it would be this car until very very high speeds if ever when the M would close the gap (if it comes with 650 HP)....a 2900 lb torque laden 600+ hp car is very mean....either way, limited for sure, not that many will pay $100K for a POS imo, as it still comes with the same interior i think!

You are my kind of guys, Beer in a can is the best, and the 1 ton Pickups rock. :partyman:

Many people are paying 80-90k on a 500hp Z-OH-6. I would think they would trade theirs in for the blue devil in a heartbeat for 100k.

Many people are paying 80-90k on a 500hp Z-OH-6.  I would think they would trade theirs in for the blue devil in a heartbeat for 100k.

PPL really pay this ????

PPL really pay this ????

Sure they do. Via possibly my favorite Allan-ism of all time:

"84-month financing".

:lol:

Many people are paying 80-90k on a 500hp Z-OH-6.  I would think they would trade theirs in for the blue devil in a heartbeat for 100k.

PPL really pay this ????

I've head of some Z-0-6's going for $109K. So even if the MSRP on that Blue Devil is $100K or so it's going to go for well over that.

PPL really pay this ????

I've head of some Z-0-6's going for $109K. So even if the MSRP on that Blue Devil is $100K or so it's going to go for well over that.

Im cringing @ the depreciation of a 10,000 car a year production while paying 40K over:)

If its really a supercharged 427, nothing short of a veyron will take it down, unless GM totally gayballses the program and slaps a really low boost blower on the existing high compression setup. Even a maggnusson style blower on a lowered compression motor=more like 700hp.