Is 600rwhp attainable in the Murci POLL

Is it achievable  

52 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

david, are you going to keep it 6.2, or increase the displacement?

If it was a 6.5, you would need was 110hp/L to get 607rwhp assuming 15% drivetrain loss.

Thats not exactly groundbreaking or revolutionary. Certainly not as astounding as the ford GT's 7% drivetrain loss :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

david, are you going to keep it 6.2, or increase the bore?

If it was a 6.5, you would need was 110hp/L to get 607rwhp assuming 15% drivetrain loss.

Thats not exactly groundbreaking or revolutionary. Certainly not as astounding as the ford GT's 7% drivetrain loss :lol:

O:) O:)

Seriously though, I am not going to increase the displacement. :lol:

I agree with Alex 100% that indeed it can be done. It just isnt the most cost effective way to do it. Adding twin turbos requires less work than to yank out the engine and to fine tune every part of that engine. But, if D.wiggs wants to go NA, more power to him. Hell, we see f1 motors cranking out from lower displacements absurdly high hps. So, why not the lambo motor? Bottom line is it just goes into cost. It cost to change the valves, crank, piston rods, redoing the head, etc. But, if d.wiggs is will to shell out big bucks to make it happen, more power to him for trying. Its the same situation with G-forces turbo... Not everyone really supported the idea, but he sure had the guts to go the distance to make it happen. We really need to appreciate the time and effort it takes to do something like that.

Alex sees tuned cars everyday and I bet he can tell you how hard it is to do something no one has done before... Case and point, just doing the stage II exhaust set up on many cases require alot of trial and error. That is time and money spent Thats why I give complete respect to his work and others like him who really put in the effort to try out new things.

David, I wish you the best, be sure to send the pics of the process AND the result of this project most of all have fun with it!

First off comparing the Murci motor to other motors is not as simple as one would think. First, other motors leave ALOT more room on the table for balancing blueprinting, headers etc. Lambo does not. Second 15% drivetrain loss is all but a dream on the dream, you are looking at a SUBSTANTIALLY higher loss. More like 20-22%.

Changing the cams, headers, porting-polishing etc, will NEVER gain you the HP your looking for.

As for modding Lambos, my 92 Diablo had ported heads, balanced/blueprinted, full exhaust, cams advanced 5 degrees, headers, reprogrammed chips and it ran very well. We figured it made maybe an additional 30hp over a Diablo with exhaust. The Murci motor is derived from the Diablo, with several improvements made, such as the intake.

In order to achieve what you are aiming for, you will need an 800hp, 12000 rpm reving, undriveable Murci. Good luck to you.

And i will make you a bet, if you accomplish your goal, I will never post on this site again. If you dont accomplish your goal, you sell your Murci, and buy a 308.

And i will make you a bet, if you accomplish your goal, I will never post on this site again. If you dont accomplish your goal, you sell your Murci, and buy a 308.

Thats fucked up, atleast give him a Civic Si.

God willing!!!!

:axe:

God willing!!!!

:axe:

Banned!

I agree with Alex 100% that indeed it can be done. It just isnt the most cost effective way to do it. Adding twin turbos requires less work than to yank out the engine and to fine tune every part of that engine. But, if D.wiggs wants to go NA, more power to him. Hell, we see f1 motors cranking out from lower displacements absurdly high hps. So, why not the lambo motor? Bottom line is it just goes into cost. It cost to change the valves, crank, piston rods, redoing the head, etc. But, if d.wiggs is will to shell out big bucks to make it happen, more power to him for trying. Its the same situation with G-forces turbo... Not everyone really supported the idea, but he sure had the guts to go the distance to make it happen. We really need to appreciate the time and effort it takes to do something like that.

Alex sees tuned cars everyday and I bet he can tell you how hard it is to do something no one has done before... Case and point, just doing the stage II exhaust set up on many cases require alot of trial and error. That is time and money spent Thats why I give complete respect to his work and others like him who really put in the effort to try out new things.

:)

I hope him the best but I don't think it can be done without NOS or forced induction. That's a huge number to obtain from my point of view but I would love to see it happen. I too looked into extensive mods at one time but with the money it took to obtain such small amounts of power I decided to leave it alone and get a beater car to experiment with rather than my nice car. When i looked into cam work and hardening everything at the cost of around $12K I was looking at only picking up around 25 true HP. No doubt NOS is the best money you can spend on these cars and get the most gains. Going internal to me has not proven to be cost worthy enough for me to do it. I hope someone is able to make great strides with it so I can follow.

I guess Allan should start collecting everyone's e-mail addresses since he will no longer be able to reach them on this forum.

I am glad to see that the focus of this discussion has turned to the specifics of what must be done rather than whether or not it CAN be done.

Allan, I understand you did a lot of work to your '92, but that does not mean that I will or will not see any improvements on my Murci. You could have spent $300,000 on your car and gotten 30 HP, and I could spend $5,000 and get 200HP. I am not saying that I can get 200HP for $5,000 but my point is that one has nothing to do with the other. Different people are doing the work. Different people are doing the research, development, engineering, machining, etc. Like I said, no one (in the private sector) that I know of has ever attempted anything along these lines so they really can only speculate.

As to the amount of power the motor has left in it. It is WAY below its peak. Lambo has had the 6.2 to over 700HP in N/A form. They then detuned it. That is proof alone that what I want to do can be done and still have a drivable car. What I am doing will go even beyond their tuning into aspects that would have been cost prohibitive for them to do.

When I am done you will see most likely less that 15% drivetrain loss or at least far less than what a normal Murci would have if you simply made it RWD. This should give you a clue as to some of the modifications.

Lastly, on price. Yes it is expensive, and yes it is all cash out of pocket but what I will tell you is this. The car, all-told, including the stereo and bullshit from Unique, will be under $300,000. Try and get that with any LP640 given that if you buy one for under MSRP you are still look at around $315-$325K depending on options.

TeflonTron was/is a scumbag!!!

:axe: :axe: :axe: :finga: :finga: :finga: :anal :anal :anal

Nothing like banning someone for having a different opinion!

Not only do you have to NEVER post on this site again, you have to GIVE me Lambo-Power.

I am unbannable!!! Allan was just playing with me, thankfully, although it was a close call, David. I had to register "Allan-Lambo" to send him a PM asking to be unbanned, and thought that the name was appropriate.

Well, a lower % loss to the wheels means lighter connecting parts, so I'm plumping for a much lighter prop-shaft as a start.

I am unbannable!!! Allan was just playing with me, thankfully, although it was a close call, David. I had to register "Allan-Lambo" to send him a PM asking to be unbanned, and thought that the name was appropriate.

Well, a lower % loss to the wheels means lighter connecting parts, so I'm plumping for a much lighter prop-shaft as a start.

Lighter and stronger!! :twisted:

Im dreaming of a white christmas......

Just because I will have L/P doesn't mean I am going to make you sell your wife's house and move to somewhere cold!! You can stay there in AZ with the Civic and start Si-Power.com!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Just because I will have L/P doesn't mean I am going to make you sell your wife's house and move to somewhere cold!! You can stay there in AZ with the Civic and start Si-Power.com!! :lol: :lol: :lol: