Picked Up An '06 Exige This Weekend . . .

markr

Kind of crazy how it happened. I ordered a white on in March for a May build and a July delivery. My salesman called me Thursday night and said the Lotus had canceled my order!?!? :axe: All I knew was that Lotus stopped production of '06 models the first week in May with just a simple announcment. Apparently, our order did not make the dead line in March and was not submitted from Lotus USA until the end of April which put us near the bottom. Not good. All I could do was tell him to try and find me another car at another dealer. I was willing to accept a few other color choices as long as it was spec'd the same. At any rate, by Friday at noon I had a new car. All I can say was he worked some magic and got me and incredible car. It was exactly what we ordered but it was black. I jumped on it even though black cars scare the hell out of me as far as up keep. But hey you have to learn sometime. Been really busy at work this week and as well as getting ready to head to Ohio for the ALMS race this weeked so I have only been able to put about 225 miles on the clock. But what I have seen so far the damn thing handles like a big ass go kart. Gearing is spot on for excellent acceleration in every gear. It ain't no V12 but it sounds pretty damn good for a Toyota engine. Grip is off the charts as I have yet to see the traction control intervene. I am loving it honestly.

On a side note, any tips on long term care for a black car would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

DSC00572%20(2).JPG

DSC00571%20(2).JPG

DSC00588%20(2).JPG

DSC00580%20(2).JPG

DSC00578%20(2).JPG

DSC00585%20(2).JPG

GORGEOUS! Perfect color. Black with black wheels is hot.

Kick ass car, man.

Is it really that much faster than the elise?

No, not really. For "real" road use you would be hard press to tell the difference power wise. The grip and downfore is what you gain over the Elise which as standard creates little downforce. The Exige feels a bit more planted at 80 mph and up. The way the both the Exige and Elise for that matter devour corners and on/off ramps is insane. Another difference is the suspension options/settings. We spec'd the fully adjustable suspension. Currently, it is set at 2/front and 3/rear with 10 being the full track set up. It is STIFF and you really have to get use to the sound it makes when hitting larger bumps. All in all, I love it and am happy with the purchase.

It looks viscious with black/black combo. :twisted: :twisted: :supz: :supz: What a great car. Congrats and enjoy it on the trck!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-Olivier

Guest SP_wEaZeL

That's the perfect color combo for that car! :supz:

Beautiful car man, this is what you need to do to keep that thing looking pristine. You need to order some Zaino Z5, or wait for Z5-pro to come out soon, this is a car wax that gets rid of light swirl marks without messing up your cars clear coat, it is a filler not a abrasive so use it as many times as you like(I do it about once every two weeks) Also order some Z6 or Z8 spray, it allows you to wipe your car down in between washes to get the light dust off that accumulates wile your car sits in the garage, or use it after waxing to get the ultimate shine. Another thing to think of is getting micro fiber towels to wash your car with, one to wash it, another for rinsing, and another for drying. This will minimize swirl marks. And finally get a clear bra installed by a reputable installer.

Hope this helps.

Oh i forgot, when you wax your car use either white terry cloth pads or micro-fiber pads. Also when you go to wipe off the wax use only the softest white terry cloths. And when you apply the Z6, Or Z8 spray use the terry cloths to apply it.

welcome to the Lotus Owners club, the other L car :D

you will find it hard to pull yourself out of it to drive anything.

as for thecyrax's question, the Exige is the same car, but more track spec'd. on the street it may even be (almost unmeasurably) slower than an elise with same spec suspension and tyres, because its heavier, but that said, a good meal at hooters will slow you down also :-),

exige is definately an awesome toy to have, congrats.

I think it looks better in the black personally. It looks awesome! :mrgreen: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Black make this car so nasty :supz: :supz:

I always like the Lotus :heart:

Nice car :supz:

Thanks gentlemen. :) The car has been fun so far. Looney hit it on the head, the Exige is a bit heavier and has a slightly lower top end than the Elise do to the aero. At any rate, I am living with it pretty well at this point. As long as I don't have any thing in my hand I can get in and out with a little dignity. Once in though, it fits like a glove. :supz:

Awesome! Good luck and congrats. Exactly, once im in one of them it just fits so right. Love em'. Need one of my own!

Awesome car. Its one of my favorites. :supz: