Murcielago Idle

CG

Hi.. Can anyone help on this.. My Merci when warm is idle is going up and down from 800 to 1800rpm.. Anyone had this problem.. Advice needed...

Thanks

I had that problem on my Murci, and the throttle bodies were out of synch. Ask your dealer to synchronize the throttle bodies, and it should fix the problem. For whatever reason, Murci's have been susceptible to this, and you may have to do it once a year.

I had that problem on my Murci, and the throttle bodies were out of synch. Ask your dealer to synchronize the throttle bodies, and it should fix the problem. For whatever reason, Murci's have been susceptible to this, and you may have to do it once a year.

Hi Clax.. How much did the idle speed go up on yours... When its cold it does not do it... I was kinda worried about software problems..

I've been told this is very common on the early model Murcies. When the idle gets really bad (surging up and down on a regular basis) the throttle body needs to be adjusted. One source told me this can occur as often as every 1500 - 2000 miles. Apparently it was addressed in the later models (04 or 05 I believe).

Hi Clax.. How much did the idle speed go up on yours... When its cold it does not do it... I was kinda worried about software problems..

My car acted exactly as you described. Only when warm, and most prominent after I had been on the highway for a while, then came to a stop in the city. I am 99.9% certain that synchronizing the throttle bodies will fix it. It's not big deal, and any dealer can handle this.

Mine does it also, it's a 2003 car. Apparently, these issues were sorted on the later models, 2005 - present. I understood the throttle bodies had to be cleaned? What do you mean by re-synchronised? It's a real PITA, especially at traffic lights!! :eusa_wall:

Had the same issue, a couple of hours with mike pullen at carrara sports and the throttle bodies had been clenaed of the carbon build up. I was told carbon builds up more regularly if city driving, that said... the issue hasn't returned on my car in the last 6 months.

Thank you both.. I hope its a easy one to fix as i will lose sleep tonight..
Its very easy - simple software based adjustment.

What do you mean by re-synchronised?
Re-balanced maybe more descriptive.

-mick

Guest LEZAEW

It's best to use the LDAS software. You have to adjust the potentiometers. Another small trick as well when doing that I noticed is to make sure the gas pedal is in it's proper posistion when hooked up to the LDAS as well. LDAS is a Lamborghini software program. It tells you all the vitals of the Murcielago and it also allows you to adjust the "bat" wings and the rear spoiler. Easy fix, I've done dozens.

It's best to use the LDAS software. You have to adjust the potentiometers. Another small trick as well when doing that I noticed is to make sure the gas pedal is in it's proper posistion when hooked up to the LDAS as well. LDAS is a Lamborghini software program. It tells you all the vitals of the Murcielago and it also allows you to adjust the "bat" wings and the rear spoiler. Easy fix, I've done dozens.

Can you buy this software, and then how do you connect it to the car?

If it's still under warranty, by all means take it in. If not and you can use a screwdriver, pull off the 4 intake hoses and try some carb cleaner on the throttle bodies first. I had the same problem on my Expedition. The throttle body butterfly was all dirty. Once I cleaned it, the idle went back to normal.

I have the same problem, usually goes a little crazy once every year. Send it in to the agent and it's all ok within a few hours.

Hi.. Can anyone help on this.. My Merci when warm is idle is going up and down from 800 to 1800rpm.. Anyone had this problem.. Advice needed...

Thanks

Has your problem been solved? Where are you located, if the problem is still occuring then I would like to have one of my techs take a look at it for you and hopefully get you back on the road without worrying about the condition of your car. You can PM me and let me know if you'd like.

Top tip!! (Exactly as IsleroMan said) Just cleaned the throtte bodies and now the idle is perfect. Very, very simple, just undo the jubilee clip that holds the rubber air intake to each TB and gently pull it off. Spray a little carb cleaner into each throttle body and wipe away any residue with a clean, dry rag. Pop the rubber intakes back into position and tighten up the clips!! Job done!! Perfect idle, 1000 rpm constant!! :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had some time to try this fix, and just like as billed, it worked! Thanks for the help fellas.

How dirty are these throttle bodies getting??

-mick

• 3 weeks later...
i just cleaned my thorttle bodies. and what an EXCELLENT tip!!! my car idles perfectly. the damn TB were filled with carbon soot.

That explains it all. A lot of city driving in Singapore so a lot of carbon build up in the TB's.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

arrhh please help

i had a coil pack die so i changed it and while i was there i thought i would do plugs aswell. the plugs that were in the car where ngk iridium but i have changed them for the reccomended champion ones put car back together job done?

oh no! next day going to work stopped @ the lights and the car was huniting big time so looked on here and everybody seems to clean the throttle bodies and it cures it so i did that and it was alot better for a while but every now and then it would go mad again so this time i removed them from the plenum and give them a real good clean and i noticed that one of the top vacuume valves was stuck in the downward postion and that was the flap inside the plenum was sticking so i removed the inspection disc off the end of the plenum and sprayed carb cleaner on the inner flap so this was not a prob anymore but now the car is holding back @ low revs and the car does not seem very happy at all and needless to say ive just about had enough aswell

the dealers are quite a drive from me

any help would be great