Countach scam on Ebay?

Ray G

DONE.

Be careful out there. There are scammers on Collectorcartraderonline and Hemmings as well. Last night I was perusing collectorcartrader and found an Aston Martin advertised as being in CA that I knew was at a dealer in NY and had been on eBay. The guy just copied the pics. So I figured I'd play along and sent him an email asking where in CA I could see the car. I get a reply in broken English that the car was in Indonesia.

Received email from owner(I guess). The s/n is not on the Lambo Registry.com (what is "gold ashtray trim?")

Hello and thank you for looking at my Lamborghini. It's an '87Countach QV, the interior is black, inleather with gold ashtray trim. The body is alsoblack. The price is set at $37,000.The car is in good as new condition inside and out, nodents, dings, scuff or any other kind of damage on thebody, the interior is clean, not thorn, free ofstains, and odors. The engine and gear box run andsound great, with accurate shifts and smooth idling.This car was driven responsibly and I am the onlyowner. I am a non smoker and I took great care of thecar, having it detailed every now and then and onlykept it in a closed garage.Being a very busy man, I would like to sell this carthrough eBay's mediation program. This means thatafter you deposit an advance in an account theydesignate I will ship you the car and you get to testit for 15 days. At the end of this period you willeither accept the car, or instruct me to ship it back.I am responsible for paying for shipping both ways.This works for both of us, I have a guarantee you aregenuinely interested in the car, and you can restassured your money is being kept by eBay where theycan't be moved without your consent.If you would like to go ahead this way, I will belooking for your name and address in the next reply,in order to start the transaction. If you are reallykeen on buying this car act now, I think you realizeit is very competitively priced. Sincerely, Eric Ferris

(also how does a stick shift "accurate shift?")

Has anyone done this mediation through ebay.

Larry

"This listing (230092810603) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. "

Sincerely, Eric Ferris
Ferris Bueller would be more like it. :icon_mrgreen:

Has anyone done this mediation through ebay.
There is no such process. Thats the scam. You deposit money is this "ebay mediation account" and it will vaporize. Like a magic trick.

-mick

I could not pass this up.....did the buy-it-now and transfered the funds into the safe account. I will post pics once car arrives. Yippeeeeee !!!!

I could not pass this up.....did the buy-it-now and transfered the funds into the safe account. I will post pics once car arrives. Yippeeeeee !!!!

CONGRATS!

I should have listened to you guys. The car was supposed to arrive yesterday.....well you can say the car arrived yesterday.....only I thought I was getting the real deal......instead I got a 1:18 scale model via UPS.

:crybaby2:

I should have listened to you guys. The car was supposed to arrive yesterday.....well you can say the car arrived yesterday.....only I thought I was getting the real deal......instead I got a 1:18 scale model via UPS.

:crybaby2:

well, if you paid under $30 you did okay.

Thanks, Mike !!!

Considering that kits are fetching more money than real cars these days......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...079655983QQrdZ1

..........I think I got a pretty good deal.

:icon_mrgreen:

Note to self, when I hit the top.....stitch name into door panels on car, just in case haters doubt one's authenticity of style.

post script - Note to self, make sure to buy more than one pair of shoes for model(s), too.