Roy has a DD on ebay

vmanaktala

Go mifune. how is the se30 doing? From last time we talked, there was some mechanical maintenance you needed to do. Dont mind Ralph, he is just a sucker for punishment.... :eusa_dance: On the qv, sad to see the car being sold. you should keep both cars....

Oh, how I wish I could've kept both. I still lay awake at night thinkng about that Countach.

BUT, the SE30 - wow. All I can say. Ralph is right, it is not the untameable beast that the downdraft is - but it deadly fast and pretty baudy in all its own ways. We've been all the way through the engine and drivetrain - learned a lot of interesting things about SE30's (got to the bottom of what's really inside those engines). Let's just say, that's a pretty special Diablo.

I'm not sure I'd say any more or less fun to drive than a Countach, but I am definately in love with it.

Now that the mechanicals are done - I'm saving up for the belt sanding to get rid of the Dolphins !!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, how I wish I could've kept both. I still lay awake at night thinkng about that Countach.

BUT, the SE30 - wow. All I can say. Ralph is right, it is not the untameable beast that the downdraft is - but it deadly fast and pretty baudy in all its own ways. We've been all the way through the engine and drivetrain - learned a lot of interesting things about SE30's (got to the bottom of what's really inside those engines). Let's just say, that's a pretty special Diablo.

I'm not sure I'd say any more or less fun to drive than a Countach, but I am definately in love with it.

Now that the mechanicals are done - I'm saving up for the belt sanding to get rid of the Dolphins !!!

Belt sanding that puppy might be a bit drastic? I honestly think that a good body shop should be able to hand sand em off as there should be a clear coat over the purple paint. it might be better to do by hand than by machine ...." wax on wax off"... You should have a slight cushion when u sand that puppy off...

Go Mifune no need to call me a COWARD and no need to accuse me of spreading lies and rumors. When this car went up for sale I remembered it well. The only reason I said what I said was because I saw Roy blow up when our board member l8braker mentioned about the damage history and Roy shot him down. I am not talking any BULLSHIT here as you have accused me. I saw that car many times while it sat at Gilroy and was told every word I said. I did not spew forth anything along the lines of Joe Blow in Connecticutt told me blah blah blah. I saw the car torn down and THAT CLEARLY WAS NOT BEING DONE FOR A "respray" of the nose. Roy denied it and I merely stated what I TOO SAW WITH MY OWN TWO EYES. I was even told that Statefarm (if I remember correctly) had paid out that exhorbitant amount of money, that too. NOTHING MADE UP BY ME but just what I was told at the shop. Now were they bullshitting me I don't know. If I had not seen the car personally I would have stayed away from this discussion. For sure if the car was being driven at 15 miles per hour there was no need to go into a ditch and definitely if only a ditch no need to do that "expensive" metal work but you know what I DO NOT CARE. I saw what I saw and what I saw sure made sense with what I was told. I did not dream it. I will not take this any further.and there is no need to call me a COWARD or anything else. I am not calling you any names. Either Roy just decided to lie about the damage history or you did not tell Roy the whole story and you know what I DO NOT CARE. I have nothing against you and I will not take this any further. I just got in from Martha's Vineyard and am very tired. Congratulations on acquiring that SE30. I will not post any further in this thread.