How much its worth

atan888

Hi newbie here. I always wanted the 6.0 .I saw a red 6.0 for sale with tubi and an after market rear spoiler. The dealer told me to make an offer. How much should I offer to this wonderful machine? Your expert opinions are appreciated. The car has less thank 3000 miles on it. :icon_thumleft:

Hi newbie here. I always wanted the 6.0 .I saw a red 6.0 for sale with tubi and an after market rear spoiler. The dealer told me to make an offer. How much should I offer to this wonderful machine? Your expert opinions are appreciated. The car has less thank 3000 miles on it. :icon_thumleft:

try with 150k$ :icon_mrgreen:

i'd say it could be worth 170-180k more seriously

try with 150k$ :icon_mrgreen:

i'd say it could be worth 170-180k more seriously

really??

my 6.0 with 2800 miles on it was at an asking price of $205k

red is more rare, but yellow is more sought after, so maybe a slight price increase for yellow. Offer low but resonable, but I doubt hed sell for less than 185-190, then again it is winter.....

also, with low miles, be careful, seals dry out.....I know :(

take that into consideration of the offer

AND THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!!! GET A PPI!!!! If there are leaks and you dont know you could easliy be out 10-20k fixing all that.

Valve covers, shocks, lift system, power stearing rack, etc all add up VERY fast when they crap out!

With those miles I would really be surprised if they sell it for anything under $190K. Lambo atlanta had a 15k mile 6.0 that was on there showroom for a couple of days and sold somewhere north of $179k.

There was a very low mile black/snowcorn 6.0 that was here in Maryland that was advertised in one of the recent duponts for something like 165 but i think it was snapped up by one of the big dealers out west because I saw what I think was the same car advertised for around 30k more. Deals are around if you are quick! :icon_thumleft:

There was a very low mile black/snowcorn 6.0 that was here in Maryland that was advertised in one of the recent duponts for something like 165 but i think it was snapped up by one of the big dealers out west because I saw what I think was the same car advertised for around 30k more. Deals are around if you are quick! :icon_thumleft:

$185k and the car was sold in a couple of days to a dealer.

With those miles I would really be surprised if they sell it for anything under $190K. Lambo atlanta had a 15k mile 6.0 that was on there showroom for a couple of days and sold somewhere north of $179k.

i forgot about the US low miles obsession.....

yes with this miles it could be 190 and slightly over

i would buy the 15k miles at 179 over the 3k at 190 any day

You can get this one for less than $135,000. When I was shopping I actually considered this car. I spoke to the owner and his mechanic for a long time. Seems like a well taken care of car. But how far can this engine go before you are into it, and putting some money everywhere?

post-9296-1173266704_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1173266764_thumb.jpg

You can get this one for less than $135,000. When I was shopping I actually considered this car. I spoke to the owner and his mechanic for a long time. Seems like a well taken care of car. But how far can this engine go before you are into it, and putting some money everywhere?

how many miles on it?

how many miles on it?

by now, probably 60,000. He says he has a buddy that has over 80,000 on a Diablo (or Murci, I cant remember). Thats MILES not Kilometers. This guy loves to drive his car, and he takes care of it (based on his mechanic). Car has a complete history.

by now, probably 60,000. He says he has a buddy that has over 80,000 on a Diablo (or Murci, I cant remember). Thats MILES not Kilometers. This guy loves to drive his car, and he takes care of it (based on his mechanic). Car has a complete history.

i don't know of any so hi mileage diablos, sorry

i know of 40k miles cars working really good but 60k M....

I know of a guy with a 50k mile 6.0 that he can't give away.

So,Mike,I actually considered buying the car in Cali with high miles. If the car is maintain properly, shouldnt the car last a long time? Or, with too low miles(yours) and high miles (car in Cali) are just disasters waiting to happen?

So,Mike,I actually considered buying the car in Cali with high miles. If the car is maintain properly, shouldnt the car last a long time? Or, with too low miles(yours) and high miles (car in Cali) are just disasters waiting to happen?

My car is a disaster! I would steal the high mile car and keep driving it. In my experience a lamborghini motor is nearly bullet proof. There are several members here that have or have had lambos with 70k+ miles.

My car is a disaster! I would steal the high mile car and keep driving it. In my experience a lamborghini motor is nearly bullet proof. There are several members here that have or have had lambos with 70k+ miles.

I will start a new thread on miles to see how far someone will go. So there you have it, Anyone looking for a 6.0 well broken in, LESS than $135,000. And, based on my conversation with hte mechanic, it would pass a thorogh PPI.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search...x?itemid=343307

Deal of the month

I had a 92 Diablo w/ almost 40k on the Od. I will attest it was definitely more reliable and outperformed any other Lambos I have owned (with the exception of my 6.0 and Murcie). The thing to keep in mind is since for a mid to high $80k Diablo, its depreciation curve has already flatten out....I could've driven it for another 10k and it would probably cost less than 50cts a mile in term of its relative resale value whereas when you buys a $135k car with +60k miles, you are entering into an uncharted territory in terms of remaining life expectancy and even murkier price discovery.

I had a 92 Diablo w/ almost 40k on the Od. I will attest it was definitely more reliable and outperformed any other Lambos I have owned (with the exception of my 6.0 and Murcie). The thing to keep in mind is since for a mid to high $80k Diablo, its depreciation curve has already flatten out....I could've driven it for another 10k and it would probably cost less than 50cts a mile in term of its relative resale value whereas when you buys a $135k car with +60k miles, you are entering into an uncharted territory in terms of remaining life expectancy and even murkier price discovery.

Tom,

You are so right. The reason I went the way I did was exactly that. I was close in both scenarios and had a hard time making up my mind a sto which way I should go. In the end I chose the 1991. My 1991 Diablo, although less expensive, will never be worth less than what I apid for it. The 2001 with 60K miles will never be worth more than what i would have paid for it.

Tom,

You are so right. The reason I went the way I did was exactly that. I was close in both scenarios and had a hard time making up my mind a sto which way I should go. In the end I chose the 1991. My 1991 Diablo, although less expensive, will never be worth less than what I apid for it. The 2001 with 60K miles will never be worth more than what i would have paid for it.

Another thought, what is the condition the interior? I would think a vehicle driven a lot would have excessive wear on the seats and door sills. Would you be able to show your car off with that kind of wear and feel good about it? You probably want to restore the leather at the very least, so what will that cost? 5-10k? The engine probably is the best part, its been proven.

But the starter, alternator, waterpump, exhaust, shocks,i njectors, clutch or anything on the car that moves or has bearings will eventually say I give up. I think the price to repair even a short list of these items would cost more than a lower mileage car with a much brighter resale. If this is a keep-forever and you are the mechanical type, I say enjoy your weekend hobby.

Another thought, what is the condition the interior? I would think a vehicle driven a lot would have excessive wear on the seats and door sills. Would you be able to show your car off with that kind of wear and feel good about it? You probably want to restore the leather at the very least, so what will that cost? 5-10k? The engine probably is the best part, its been proven.

But the starter, alternator, waterpump, exhaust, shocks,i njectors, clutch or anything on the car that moves or has bearings will eventually say I give up. I think the price to repair even a short list of these items would cost more than a lower mileage car with a much brighter resale. If this is a keep-forever and you are the mechanical type, I say enjoy your weekend hobby.

The interior of the 50K mile Diablo 6.0 looks pretty good. This car eally is a good deal if dont mind the miles. The mechanic couldnt say enough about this car and the owner.

post-9296-1173404738_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1173404803_thumb.jpg

thanks for all the info guys. but i think the owner is now chaning his mind about seling it :eusa_wall: but i will keep you guys posted. :icon_thumleft:

If you are serious about buying one, you should talk to Roy at Cats Exotics. If he doesnt have it, he can find the car you want.