Your thoughts on "bargain for the money" cars

Guest skokos

Guest skokos

I was wondering what kind of cars ,if any you guys thought were just awesome deals for the amount of money they cost new or used!

My thought are:

2000-2004 Jaguar XJ's: awesome interior materials,nice elegant looks and availbilty of a supercharged motor

1999-2003Lotus Esprit turbo: Exotic car looks,twin turbo motor,awesome perfomance numbers,entry level sports car price

2006-2007 lexus GX470: luxury suv looks,nice interiors and brand new about 46k

2004-2006 Mercedes S65,SL65,CL65 AMG'S: Huge Horsepower and TQ,very fast,twin turbo motor,over $190k brand new,you can pick them up for less then 100k now

What other cars do you guys see and think "man thats a deal for the money"?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skokos
Evolution and STi.. bang for buck, very hard to find a better deal :)

ya i agree! the evolution MR had amazing perfomance for just over 30k us

Toyota Supra or Lexus SC300. 2JZ-GE engine, which had awesome potential. Its not the 2JZ-GTE engine, but it still can handle just as must boost reliably. The Lexus SC300 is one of the most solid cars ever made, the interior is up there with the best of them. You can catch them anywhere between 10k-20k, you get a 75% less. Don't forget the rock solid dependability of the 2JZ engine, considered by most to be the strongest Toyota engine ever put into production. The Toyota Supra is fun to drive, but it is more sport than luxury compared to the Lexus SC. I speak so highly of the SC because I own one and LOVE It.

The NSX would be honorable mention.

A 2002 Mercedes SL is also a great pickup. Timeless styling, a great machine also.

BMW 740il.

I prefer used cars over new.

I'm partial to the third gen RX7. Awsome drivers car, has a lot of potential and can be picked cheep. Other good sports cars are early Vipers, NSX, and Porsche 993 (although the turbos are still trading hands for pretty good amounts). Jag XJR's are awesome cars that can be had for dirt cheep compared to what they sold for new.

Never driven one, but a used 996 TT, is a hell of a deal.

I believe every magazine gave it top acclaim; if not the best car of the year when it was introduced.

Supercar performance (for the most part) and nice looks for 65-75K. Outside of markets like LA, Miami, and NYC, it is still considered very much an exotic.

2005/06 BMW M5/6

2002-2005 996 Carrera/4/4S

2001-2004 996 TT

2003 Maserati GT. MSRP close to $100,000. On sale for half. Reliable 400 hp and so much leather you would swear they slaughtered a herd just for you.

Guest skokos
and so much leather you would swear they slaughtered a herd just for you.

HAHA :icon_mrgreen:

For the money these are hard to beat....

Best bargains for going fast:

97-04 Corve++e

03-04 SVT Cobra

98-02 Camaro Z28/SS

86-90 944 Turbo

01-04 996 Turbo

03-06 Evolution VIII/XI

Best bargains for exotics:

97-02 Esprit V8TT

95-99 F355

96-02 Viper

91-01 NSX

Bargains:

993 C4S

993 Turbo

I doubt these cars are going to fall much lower than where they are at now (993 Turbo is worth more than a 996 turbo), theyre practically bullet proof and are super reliable. IMO the design is timeless as well.

Bargains:

993 C4S

993 Turbo

I doubt these cars are going to fall much lower than where they are at now (993 Turbo is worth more than a 996 turbo), theyre practically bullet proof and are super reliable. IMO the design is timeless as well.

As much as I love the 993 (favorite body) its hardly a bargain compared to the 996. And you are right the 993 TT is more than a 996TT so I guess that tells you something about the demand for the aircooled cars. In the next year or two I hope to find a nice 993 Turbo but prices dont seem to be dropping at all.

03-04 Zo6

new model acura TL

996TT

2006-2007 lexus GX470: luxury suv looks,nice interiors and brand new about 46k

gotta disagree. Not very reliable and not nearly enough extra goodies over its toyota counterpart

'00-'02 Audi S4 w/ stage 3 upgrade... I just picked one up for $23k with 3 sets of wheels & 50k miles on it and I am in love with the car. Great blend of performance and luxury at an awesome price. It makes 450hp and drives like stock on 93 octane. I drove it to the strip and ran a 12.2 @ 116 after throwing a little bit of 104 octane in the tank. If I ran with a dumped exhaust (or a freer flowing one than one what I have on there) the car should run high 11's @120 with no problem. My next car is probably going to be a used 996tt which is another car that has been mentioned here a bunch of times.

'04-'06 GTO 6.0

I was in the market for a G35 coupe last summer, test drove it , liked it. My friend demanded I drive a GTO.....drove it, and bought it the next week for $26k with 6k miles. Now you could probably buy a new one from the dealer for a little more than that since they stopped making them.

The power and sound is great of course, but the car is clearly well built and well rounded. The interior is above and beyond anything I could have expected from the car. The attention to detail from the stitching of the leather to the cool gauges, pedals, shifter is clearly unAmerican......the Austraulians know what's up!

The handling is decent, but for real prowess there are some well sorted kits for this car for $2-3k that will really raise the stakes. The car is heavy (~4000 lbs), and the steering is slow, so while it can be made to lap tracks quickly, it will never be as lithe as an M3 or some other lighter sports coupes. It's major strength is high speed cruising, 6th gear 80-90 mph doing 25 mpg...:)

I consider myself a purist and I completely overlooked this car 110%. I'd imagine many others have as well...clearly one of the most underrated cars of recent times. I feel ashamed really as I tend to know everything about every car out there and only knew that this car had a 400 hp motor...

It's not a striking car styling wise, or a replacement for a serious sports/exotic car.

But as a daily driver with balls, refinement, and luxury it's impressive. Hopefully Pontiac won't drop the ball marketing the G8 like they did with the GTO.

I'd like to swap rides with some Evo and STI guys.....definitely a different flavor of ice cream!

post-7199-1174021138_thumb.jpg

For me its any kitcar thats based on its own chassis but this is all out production cars

so my pics are definately

84-05 C'orvettes, great car great price.

92-02 Dodge Viper, like the c0rvette great car and you can find them at reasonable prices plus the tuning capablitles of them are endless.

87 Buick GrandNational, has alot of tuning capablitles like a Supra, rare, dirtcheap. Best sleeper you could possibly build.

93-98 Toyota Supra, it doesn't take a gueneuis to know this one.

98-02 TransAm, Great car, growing in value as the years pass, tons of tuning possiblites. diffrent from the avareage camaro.

04-06 GTO, You can't go wrong with 400hp.

84-88 Fiero, drop in a V-8 and your good to go. dirt cheap, fun as hell to work on even if its not kitcar related. Makes for a good sleeper car if built the right way. Very much like an MR-2.

93-983000GT/Stealth another great car with tons of potental. Best part is its AWD. Rare(Atleast here), looks are still dated.

90-02 NSX, good car if you a reliable exotic thats not gonna break your wallet. Also with no intentions of moding it.

90-96300ZX, still a cool car dispite the passing years, tons of things you can do to that.

EVO and STI are always great bargain cars. Even the old ones can still be modified to pack some serious heat.

91-92 diablos: hardly will lose value:

real 325 Km/h car,

pretty light,

fast,

raw

and good looking.....

put a light exhaust to lose some more and gain some power Kg and upgrade brakes and you'll have a hell of a good lambo for a fraction of its V12 older and younger sisters :icon_thumleft:

91-92 diablos: hardly will lose value:

real 325 Km/h car,

pretty light,

fast,

raw

and good looking.....

put a light exhaust to lose some more and gain some power Kg and upgrade brakes and you'll have a hell of a good lambo for a fraction of its V12 older and younger sisters :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

I completely forgot this. I agree with everything Emilio mentioned, except the hardly will lose value comment. The car will not lose a dime. Your only expense is maintainance. Whenever you sell, you will get all your money back (perhaps make a little ?), less the cost of maintainance. A genuine 200mph supercar for 75-85K and up.

Unlike the 996TT, it is a true exotic, in that you will not see one every week.

I completely forgot this. I agree with everything Emilio mentioned, except the hardly will lose value comment. The car will not lose a dime. Your only expense is maintainance. Whenever you sell, you will get all your money back (perhaps make a little ?), less the cost of maintainance. A genuine 200mph supercar for 75-85K and up.

+2

A genuine 200mph supercar for 75-85K and up.

Show me where you can buy a Diablo that's running and is not crashed for that price.

Show me where you can buy a Diablo that's running and is not crashed for that price.

eBay :icon_mrgreen:

Ask Allan, he will tell you :eusa_dance:

I think Tom F-1, had a hard time getting just over 85K for his car, and he had a good car. I do not know exactly what he got for his car ? You can find a queen, for around 110K.

Well he said "Bargain" which iam almost certain he was refering to cars that aren't more expensive than 50k.

You wanna go that far you also add in the Countach as well as the Testarossa's. I have yet to see a Diablo sell for under 100k well atleast here but if there is such a thing it really gives me something to look forward to :icon_super:

Guest skokos
Well he said "Bargain" which iam almost certain he was refering to cars that aren't more expensive than 50k.

You wanna go that far you also add in the Countach as well as the Testarossa's. I have yet to see a Diablo sell for under 100k well atleast here but if there is such a thing it really gives me something to look forward to :icon_super:

Nah any price range. just a car that is as good or better then others in the same category for a much better price! i would say the LP640 is a bargain compared to some of the other supercars its neck and neck with