Forced induction for a diablo...

abolfaz

Which on of these worked? Does anyone know anything about the single blower with the CF tubes?

diablosvtce.jpg

DIABLOSVTT_ENG-01.jpg

compress3bp1ii.jpg

I have heard of more than one blowing up. But, it's all he said she sad. What I do know is, years ago when we pulled apart my old 92 motor, the oil system was one of the main problems. How are you going to get cooling? I remember Valentino telling me at Monyerey while looking at on eof these, "this motor is not ment to be turbo charged" Let alone, what compresion is it running? The car would need new pistons at lower compresion as well. I cant remember all the reasons, (ask Steve at Driven, he will tel you) but it doesn't work well.

Keith

Mike, I have that carbon fiber tube and supercharger setup. The computers were mapped to work with it. That's the setup that snapped the pinion

No shit! Who made it?

I cant see why someone hasn't come out with a fast setup for the Lambo. There are so many tuning companies out there. I do agree with whats posted above. You would need to lower the compression and rebuild the bottom end to handle the boost. There are places that do cylinder heads where Ive seen the flow doubled. I had a race head done by a speed shop that does Eclipses and Talons.

They actually filled in the original ports and completely re-shaped the angle in which the air enters the combustion chamber and went 2mm over on the valves. I got 91 HP to the wheels with this mod. It cost $2800. I'm sure something can be done similar to the Lambo heads.

I mean you have 320 stock HP Supra's out there with 1000 HP. Shit my AWD Eagle Talon had 566HP to the wheels. :icon_super: :icon_super:

That's the setup that snapped the pinion

The early cars can snap the pinion on their own w/o the help of an SC system.

• 2 weeks later...

Franco is an independent lambo mechanic in the San Fernando Valley here. Ive heard good things about him, he looks after Vahe's cars, including his twin supercharged roadster.

Abolfaz, Ive seen the twin vortech setup on an SV here in CA a couple of times. I dont think the guy drives it too hard, so no idea how it runs, etc. The car in general is in slightly ratty shape.

If the car could take the nitrous I ran on it, it can take a properly setup low boost system.

agree

nitrous gives that kind of stress or even some more IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Ok lets review, the new Murci has 640bhp. They were getting 720bhp from the new engine. The chassis is still basically Diablo. At 720bhp they were twisting the chassis's and 640hhp was deemed to be a safe bet. I am sure you could make a 1000bhp but you will start to break an awful lot of bits and pieces. Persoanally I would not want to spoil what is already a wonderful thing. Sure get it chipped, but major mods I reckon would leave you with a world of nighmares.

It all depends upon how you drive. I have three turbocharged cars and under normal driving they are seldom under boost conditions.

A quick blast up too 100mph is about three or four seconds of smooth boosted acceleration.

If you are not launching or shifting at high horsepower levels and the tuning is right you shouldn't have any problems.

Mike

I heard that the Lambo frame could handle like a 1000 HP and bugatti used part of the frame design. Is this true?

I heard that the Lambo frame could handle like a 1000 HP and bugatti used part of the frame design. Is this true?

Yes,that's true.