6.0 VIN thread

US/UK-Diablo

If I have offered anyone, I apologize.

No need, I thought it was a good idea and maybe something we can still put together, but not the way it was going!

Really have to question the merits of deleting a thread that was attempting to educate people about how their VINs are not private information. And the people assuming that VINs are private information may in fact be harmed by being denied access to these facts. Hackers and people bent on ripping off people (including their identities) have a lot more time to spend on the subject than any of us do.

-mick

Really have to question the merits of deleting a thread that was attempting to educate people about how their VINs are not private information. And the people assuming that VINs are private information may in fact be harmed by being denied access to these facts. Hackers and people bent on ripping off people (including their identities) have a lot more time to spend on the subject than any of us do.

-mick

Some people expressed concern about the vins being posted. We're going to respect that concern, as I feel its valid. Its not our job to educate people on how public their information is. Thats not the purpose of the forum. If members express concern about these issues, we're going to err on the side of caution.

I too think its a good idea, and dont have any issues with it personally.... However, that doesn't give me the right to discount OTHER's concerns on the subject.

I think a compromise can and will be reached on the matter.

Really have to question the merits of deleting a thread that was attempting to educate people about how their VINs...

Mick, I had no idea deleting your list of vins after we made it clear that we didn't want such a thing posted was going to get you so worked up. :eusa_think:

OK. Maybe we have a better meeting of the minds. While a public forum I respect your decision to wipe the previous thread as you have the right to police it as you see fit. After all you also all work for free!

I still have all the 6.0 vin #’s and I WILL be running ALL of them through carfax. For the time being I will be keeping all that info to myself. There is still useful, non-threatening, statistical information to be gleaned from this without revealing anybodies individual vin # :icon_rolleyes: . For example this will end the mystery as to exactly how many 6.0's were ever registered in the U.S. There are a bunch of other statistics which would prove interesting for example the # of cars with salvage titles, a complete list of miles last recorded for each car, # of owners per car, # of cars with possible milage discrepancies and more.

OK. Maybe we have a better meeting of the minds. While a public forum I respect your decision to wipe the previous thread as you have the right to police it as you see fit. After all you also all work for free!

I still have all the 6.0 vin #’s and I WILL be running ALL of them through carfax. For the time being I will be keeping all that info to myself. There is still useful, non-threatening, statistical information to be gleaned from this without revealing anybodies individual vin # :icon_rolleyes: . For example this will end the mystery as to exactly how many 6.0's were ever registered in the U.S. There are a bunch of other statistics which would prove interesting for example the # of cars with salvage titles, a complete list of miles last recorded for each car, # of owners per car, # of cars with possible milage discrepancies and more.

cool!!

that info sound great to have :). It would be cool to also see what states and cities seem to have alot of em. Can you find out how many and what colors are in central Indiana?

oh, btw, you list didnt have my VIN on it. Try and figure it out :icon_mrgreen:

if you cant Ill just give it to you :icon_thumleft:

cool!!

that info sound great to have :). It would be cool to also see what states and cities seem to have alot of em. Can you find out how many and what colors are in central Indiana?

oh, btw, you list didnt have my VIN on it. Try and figure it out :icon_mrgreen:

if you cant Ill just give it to you :icon_thumleft:

Dan,

I now have all the missing #'s from the original list. I know yours is there. If you say you were not in the original list lets run a test to see how accurate we are. PM me 1 (yes just 1) digit from your vin. I need the very last number/digit. I will then PM you back a VERY, VERY short list of VIN's which WILL (should :eusa_pray: ) contain your car's #. Then tell me if it is in fact there.

Dave

Dan,

I now have all the missing #'s from the original list. I know yours is there. If you say you were not in the original list lets run a test to see how accurate we are. PM me 1 (yes just 1) digit from your vin. I need the very last number/digit. I will then PM you back a VERY, VERY short list of VIN's which WILL (should :eusa_pray: ) contain your car's #. Then tell me if it is in fact there.

Dave

thats not fair now, you gotta figure it out on your own :P

with carfax Im sure you can narrow it down reeeeeeeeal fast like :icon_mrgreen:

thats not fair now, you gotta figure it out on your own :P

with carfax Im sure you can narrow it down reeeeeeeeal fast like :icon_mrgreen:

Interesting as the vin #s in range of my two cars have a lot of vins that don't show up and both of my cars aren't on that list.

Dave, thats great, but what makes these registries valuable isn't so much the stats, but the photos and the histories that follow the cars. I would love to eventually see some kind of interactive registry, but would like to do it without making "certain" members upset! :rolleyes:

Dave, thats great, but what makes these registries valuable isn't so much the stats, but the photos and the histories that follow the cars. I would love to eventually see some kind of interactive registry, but would like to do it without making "certain" members upset! :rolleyes:

a-faz,

I understand and agree with you but there's still lots of valuable and interesting information to be gleaned from what I'm doing. I have allready found some very interesting stuff. I should have the finnal count by tomorrow night. I think (I'm sure) I have come up with a way you/we can do this without revealing anybodys vin. More later. Bed now. :sleepy2:

I think (I'm sure) I have come up with a way you/we can do this without revealing anybodys vin. More later. Bed now. :sleepy2:

:icon_thumleft:

OK! A-faz & everybody see what you think of this.

And you number gurus try and poke holes in this.

This is only an example of how each car can be represented without any reference to it’s vin or anyway of backing into it. Stop me if anybody does not understand.

We know or can verify the very first 6.0 vin #. Lets say its last 3 digits are 215. We know that the vin sequence is sequential forward from there. If the last three numbers of my car is say 314 my car was the 99th car produced. Now knowing that my car is # 99 you can still back into the vin number. BUT, knowing all the U.S. vin #’s in sequence we could # them sequentially from 1-? In order of production. For example.

314 My cars last 3 vin #’s

99 The sequential # of my car produced

10 The 10th sequential U.S. model produced

Anybody getting this?

By putting each car in its correct corresponding sequential U.S. production # each person would know their own car but no vin’s (or personal info) would be reveled nor could they be backed into unless you knew ALL the vin #’s to begin with and then knew ONLY the U.S. vin #’s at which point that person would have all the info anyway. This in and of it self would be an interesting piece of trivia/info as we would then know what was the very first U.S. build car and the last. If it was interactive enough we would all know more about each car without any vin #’s. And - any one who can prove they own one (and want to contribute and did not know their build #) can request their U.S. build # as we would have all the corresponding vin #’s.

There might be some small massaging in this but I think the concept is solid.

OK anyone’s thoughts?

Well OK maybe no one has any thoughts. :eusa_think:

For those who care I now know and have the vin's for each of the 6.0's that were/are collectivly registered in the U.S.

I now understand that the # of 6.0's that Lamborghini reported to the Government as imported into the U.S. was 150 but that # could be off by 5 or 6. In the end there still may be 4 or 5 mystery cars. I will double check this later but for now I going with this # as each of these 141 are verifiable.

OK! A-faz & everybody see what you think of this.

And you number gurus try and poke holes in this.

This is only an example of how each car can be represented without any reference to it’s vin or anyway of backing into it. Stop me if anybody does not understand.

We know or can verify the very first 6.0 vin #. Lets say its last 3 digits are 215. We know that the vin sequence is sequential forward from there. If the last three numbers of my car is say 314 my car was the 99th car produced. Now knowing that my car is # 99 you can still back into the vin number. BUT, knowing all the U.S. vin #’s in sequence we could # them sequentially from 1-? In order of production. For example.

314 My cars last 3 vin #’s

99 The sequential # of my car produced

10 The 10th sequential U.S. model produced

Anybody getting this?

By putting each car in its correct corresponding sequential U.S. production # each person would know their own car but no vin’s (or personal info) would be reveled nor could they be backed into unless you knew ALL the vin #’s to begin with and then knew ONLY the U.S. vin #’s at which point that person would have all the info anyway. This in and of it self would be an interesting piece of trivia/info as we would then know what was the very first U.S. build car and the last. If it was interactive enough we would all know more about each car without any vin #’s. And - any one who can prove they own one (and want to contribute and did not know their build #) can request their U.S. build # as we would have all the corresponding vin #’s.

There might be some small massaging in this but I think the concept is solid.

OK anyone’s thoughts?

Well..it looks solid, but after recovering from some drinking, i'm just going to say "nice job" and pretend that i understand it ;) :lol2:

Well OK maybe no one has any thoughts. :eusa_think:

For those who care I now know and have the vin's for each of the 6.0's that were/are collectivly registered in the U.S.

I now understand that the # of 6.0's that Lamborghini reported to the Government as imported into the U.S. was 150 but that # could be off by 5 or 6. In the end there still may be 4 or 5 mystery cars. I will double check this later but for now I going with this # as each of these 141 are verifiable.

So dave, how many cars were built 260 like the registry says or 460 like mick says? If your number is right, then that means around 119 for the rest of the world (or 319 for mick :rolleyes: ).

So dave, how many cars were built 260 like the registry says or 460 like mick says? If your number is right, then that means around 119 for the rest of the world (or 319 for mick :rolleyes: ).
While I generally agree with not letting the facts interfere with a good story :eusa_wall:, in this case Mick said that there were 416 6.0s, 40 SEs of which 150 would be USA models. I also stated it should not be any surprise to find a few USA built 6.0's still on MSO, redirected outside of the USA or generally missing from the carfax database resulting in a prediction of about 140 something cars in the carfax database. This is the only number Dave is able to confirm and so the USA 150 number, at least so far, is on the mark.

In regards to the 416 number, doing a VERY simple scan of the 6.0 VINs already in the registry shows a starting VIN of YLA12436 and an ending VIN of 1LA12848. Which, wouldn't you know it, covers 412 cars. :eusa_shhh:

And just for kicks, if we then add in the ending SE VIN of 1LA12887, we end up with 451 cars. :icon_hang:

-mick

And just for kicks, if we then add in the ending SE VIN of 1LA12887, we end up with 451 cars. :icon_hang:

-mick

So in a nutshell, the registry is wrong and Mick is right? Are there really 300+ 6.0's outside the U.S.?

So in a nutshell, the registry is wrong and Mick is right? Are there really 300+ 6.0's outside the U.S.?
OK, let me chip in.

International Lamborghini Registry's 260 is wrong.

Mick Galvin's "416 6.0s, 40 SEs" is wrong too.

There are more than 300, but less than 400 VT6.0 & 6.0SE made for the world.

There are less than 200 VT6.0 built for non-US market.

In regards to the 416 number, doing a VERY simple scan of the 6.0 VINs already in the registry shows a starting VIN of YLA12436 and an ending VIN of 1LA12848. Which, wouldn't you know it, covers 412 cars. :eusa_shhh:

-mick

You do get 451 cars if you have 12887 minus 12436.

But there are other Diablos built between 12436 to 12887.

In my database, my first VT6.0 VIN start at YLA122xx, and my last 6.0SE VIN ends at 1LA1289x.

141 VT6.0 in USA is close, but not correct.

Kevin

As I said privately to Dave the other day, while my numbers are officially reported numbers there are always elements of doubt to there accuracy. However, using those numbers to predict something like 14x registered USA cars and coming up with 141 (so far) in the carfax database is not a bad start.

-mick

141 VT6.0 in USA is close, but not correct.

Kevin

The VINKING has spoken. Kevin has been at this longer than all of us put together and then some. Kevin would you mind sharing your 6.0 stats (please exclude the SE).

in this case Mick said that there were 416 6.0s, 40 SEs of which 150 would be USA models.

-mick

Who told you there are only 40 6.0SE made?

There are more than 150 VT6.0 & 6.0SE for US market.

Kevin