Third Lamborghini for 26 year old in wheelchair!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dhagans
The ring of the steering wheel is for the gaz (electronic system) and next to the steering wheel, at the bottom right is the system for the brake(completely mecanik)

that's freakin' awesome man. that's really encouraging to see

Congrats! Beautiful car and a true inspiration!

I'm curious. There is a guy here who has done the same mods to his Lambo because he's in a wheelchair. He has had a couple of instances where his car was vandalized while parked in a handicap spot, presumably because the people assumed he was an asshole in an exotic taking up a handicap spot and did not see him get out in a wheelchair. I wondered if you have had any issues with something similar.

Thanks De993, :icon_thumleft:

OMG what a horrible story for this guy who has done the same mods to his Lambo !!!! :icon_oak:

When I parked of a handicap spot every people looks very surprised and sometimes someone comes to me and says to me that I'm not autorized to park here...and when I say to him : "sorry, but I'm autorized, take a look of the passenger side to see the rollchair".....and so people are very very impressed :icon_butt:

But I never has my Lambo vandalized for the moment. I hope this will never happened !!! :icon_pray:

Congratulations on reaching your goals and your dreams :) Good job man.

• 1 month later...
Thank you boombaprojects, I was a fan of motorbike too but I had my accident with my motorbike in 2003. Since I'm in this rollchair.... :eusa_wall:

Why do you have the gas petal on the steering wheel? I am in the same situation as you and i use hand controls where the gas and brake are both separate. You push each for function. Isn't it easier to get a trigger button for the gear shift changes?

Sucks you can't have passengers with a gallardo with the wheelchair. Have you thought of putting the base wheelchair in the front trunk space area and strapping the tires above the engine?

Thank you boombaprojects, I was a fan of motorbike too but I had my accident with my motorbike in 2003. Since I'm in this rollchair.... :eusa_wall:

So sorry to hear....

• 2 weeks later...
Why do you have the gas petal on the steering wheel? I am in the same situation as you and i use hand controls where the gas and brake are both separate. You push each for function. Isn't it easier to get a trigger button for the gear shift changes?

Sucks you can't have passengers with a gallardo with the wheelchair. Have you thought of putting the base wheelchair in the front trunk space area and strapping the tires above the engine?

hELLO need4spd, sorry for the late answer...

I don't really understand what you explain but these hand controls I have on my gallardo are the best for me...I can't have a gas and brake pedal separetly from the steering wheel because when you turn it, you must have the 2 hands on the steering wheel and you can change gears simutaneously...

when I need to brake then, I have only the left hand on the steering wheel...it's not very cool but ... :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 months later...

I have to say, this is a truly inspiring thread. Do you ever get the opportunity to drive on-track? That would seem to be the next progression to me :-)

I worked with a racing team that did something similar to a ChampCar for Alex Zenardi. It was a truly herculean feat. He now drives a WTCC car with the same type of controls.

Hello Chris, thank you for your nice words,

Yes, I drive sometimes the car on the track, on the Nurburgring and the Hockenheimring, but I don't drive very very hard....the hand controls are difficult to use when you drive very fast.... :eusa_wall:

I posted a pic in the other topic in the general discution group :icon_thumleft:

Hello Chris, thank you for your nice words,

Yes, I drive sometimes the car on the track, on the Nurburgring and the Hockenheimring, but I don't drive very very hard....the hand controls are difficult to use when you drive very fast.... :eusa_wall:

I posted a pic in the other topic in the general discution group :icon_thumleft:

That's great to hear! What fantastic tracks to drive them at as well. I hope you can sort out the controls for better track driving though. For me, track time is the most enjoyment I can get from my cars (with the least worry) :)