O2 sensors!

abolfaz

I want to say volkswagon or audi. i will have to check.

Cross reference? The first O2 sensor on my left bank isn't sending a signal to the computer causing my car to run rich (enough where one of my two exhaust pipes is completely black), I would really like to figure out what sensor they used so I can try to get one tomorrow!

NO!

I am double checking My sources.. but I believe a 1995 audi A6 Quatro will work.... :rant:

I am double checking My sources.. but I believe a 1995 audi A6 Quatro will work.... :rant:

REALLY!?

Joey through careful research found out that its the same as an Audi A6 quattro! I'll let him tell you how he did it, good job Joey!

Is this board priceless or what?!

This is for the early diablo which I think may be the same.

o2 sensor is bosch 0 258 003 957

Checking O2s

Get out your volt meter and select dc voltage. Ground the volt meter to the car. Use the red wire from the meter and connect it to the black wire to the lambda sensor at the connector (I know that sounds backwards). Just gently slide the boot back a little to expose the connection, but do not disconnect it. When the car is normal opp temp, the meter should bounce around .4 to .7 volts. Bouncing around is normal. Below .4 is too lean, above .8 is too rich.

Do not try to use the ohm function on the meter. It can short out the sensor.

This is for the early diablo which I think may be the same.

o2 sensor is bosch 0 258 003 957

The Part number is in the cross reference section of the Diablo Forum..

Bosch # 0 258 003 032 which also cross referenced to the number that ab has supplied Bosch # 0 258 003 957

Here is a cross refernece link.... http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/mcrossref.htm

It does work in alot of other cars beside 95 Audi A6 Quattro.

The Part number that Most auto parts stores use is Bosch #13396

I hope this helps..

• 1 month later...

Unless the O2 sensor is not working at all, it is only telling the ECM what its going on in the exhaust. It is able to generate voltage by the amount of oxygen left in the system. Anything above 450 millivolts is seen as rich by the ECM below 450 millivolts is seen as lean by the ECM.What needs to be done is figure out what is making it run rich. this could be a plug, a plug wire, injector,fuel pressure and even a O2 that won't switch or is lazy. A coolant sensor will make a rich problem if it tells the ECM that I'm cold when it is really up to temp., I'm not sure if they have 2 coolant sensors on the motors one for each bank, someone can tell us that. Looking at your exhaust pipe you do have a problem.

A coolant sensor will make a rich problem if it tells the ECM that I'm cold when it is really up to temp., I'm not sure if they have 2 coolant sensors on the motors one for each bank, someone can tell us that. Looking at your exhaust pipe you do have a problem.

there are two coolant sensors. but that will throw a code.

I'm getting the code for the 02 sensor, my mechanic took it out and said its garbage. I just didn't want to wait till monday to get one and was hoping that I could get it from a local auto parts store.

• 14 years later...

Hmmmm....... I was told its BOSCH 13032 that works for the Diablo 60 so I bought 2 of them. shoot. I wonder what the difference is between BOSCH 13032 and Bosch #13396

Will BOSCH 13032 work for a Diablo 6.0?  Has anyone tried using BOSCH 13032?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Glen!!!!   

I used 13032 on my 6.0 and it works fine for Bank 1 (Passenger side) but not for Bank 2

I changed out both O2 sensor on Bank 2 side  but still getting the following codes

1.    P0174---- System too Lean Bank 2
2.    P0175---- System Too Rich Bank 2
3.    P0151---- O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1
4.    P0152---- O2 Sensor Circuit High Volts Bank 2 Sensor 1
5.    P0153---- O2 Sensor CKT slow response Bank 2 Sensor 1
6.    P0154---- O2 Sensor CKT no Activity Bank 2 Sensor 1
7.    P0106---- MAP/BARO CKT Range/PERF
8.    P1502---- Manf Cntr 1 Veh Spd.Idle Speeg Control Auxiliary Inputs

They are all related to O2 issue as I had the same errors for Bank 1, once O2 was replaced all teh errors for Bank 1 were gone.  After further investigating I found that there is no voltage across the O2 sensor on bank 2 side . There is a slight chance that the new sensor that I bought for bank 2 is bad (hence I have ordered another one) but in the mean time I wanted to check further.

Is there any fuses tied to the O2 sensors that I can check in the mean time? Any other thoughts?