I miss the early 80's

ralfabco

The dp Porsche was in my eyes the ultimate Porsche toy in the -80`s when the look towards the extreme was acceptable..

It was the ultimate child of it`s time. Personally I think the standard Porsche Turbo is a better looking toy, but it does`nt reach the dp to it`s knees regarding -80`s muscularity.... IT IS A BEAST!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still hate it....also, hated when they put those little 348/testarossa slats on them too...

You mean the slats that came out before the Testarossa and 348? :lol2:

I think these look kewl !!!!!

Khamsin's are really cool cars. They are 'underrated' in the cool car category in my humble car crazy opinion. I used mine as a daily driver for a couple years (it was the only 'non-museum' quality painted collector car I owned. It was an automatic with ugly US bumpers, that is why I couldn't splurge on restoration, so I just drove it. I REALLY enjoyed cruising around the SF bay area for years - people used to literally have to walk right up on it and all around it trying to figure out what it was. Doesn't say Maserati Khamsin in big letters all over it..lol!

The dp Porsche was in my eyes the ultimate Porsche toy in the -80`s when the look towards the extreme was acceptable..

It was the ultimate child of it`s time. Personally I think the standard Porsche Turbo is a better looking toy, but it does`nt reach the dp to it`s knees regarding -80`s muscularity.... IT IS A BEAST!!

:iamwithstupid: When the dp came out, I thought that was the ultimate car (that was before I knew about the CT) and always wanted a slope nose turbo. Now in retrospect, they look a bit dated and I like the original 930 better, but I would still love to get a real, original dp.

my red/black '86 930 is finally looking GOOOOOOOD! I spent the last few weeks deeply detailing and tinkering....seriously folks I have one too many cars heading into winter and unless someone ponies up BIG for my CT, the 930 is also for sale. I am going to keep the Alfa long term. I have this 930 listed on Craigslist in Reno, San Fran, and LA...

now on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:L:LCA:MT:31

post-9329-1192059135_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1192059216_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1192059310_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1192059391_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1192059470_thumb.jpg

Seing that nice Turbo gets me in the mood of remembering. Makes me think back to the summer of -96, shortly after I moved to Oslo (capitol of Norway). Two blocks away from me I saw this SUPERB Porsche 911/930 Turbo. Shiny black, 16" fuchs and the whitest interior imaginable! Walked past this car on my way to work every day, thinking about how great owning that car must be. One day, stopping for a while soaking up the smell of hot engine I notice those good old gold RayBan Pilots on the dash. Thinking: You lucky FU_K! Are you playing Tom Cruise?! Some weeks later going early to work I pass the car at the time this guy in a black pilot suit getting into the car, dropping his white pilot cap in the seat beside him, putting on the RayBans and revving the hell out of the car as he flew away... I could not help myself thinking DAMN!!!!!

Seing that nice Turbo gets me in the mood of remembering. Makes me think back to the summer of -96, shortly after I moved to Oslo (capitol of Norway). Two blocks away from me I saw this SUPERB Porsche 911/930 Turbo. Shiny black, 16" fuchs and the whitest interior imaginable! Walked past this car on my way to work every day, thinking about how great owning that car must be. One day, stopping for a while soaking up the smell of hot engine I notice those good old gold RayBan Pilots on the dash. Thinking: You lucky FU_K! Are you playing Tom Cruise?! Some weeks later going early to work I pass the car at the time this guy in a black pilot suit getting into the car, dropping his white pilot cap in the seat beside him, putting on the RayBans and revving the hell out of the car as he flew away... I could not help myself thinking DAMN!!!!!

As a young kid, my best friend and I went to the Porsche dealer and checked out the cars. Naturally we were only interested in the 911 Turbo :shock: . We both got single page brochures (freebees :icon_mrgreen: for the masses of tirekickers).

The two of us planned how we would buy these cars. :lol2: :lol2: A few years ago, while looking through old materials, I found the single page brouchure in my mom's garage :icon_thumleft: (It was a 1977 Turbo Carrera). The car was brown color in the pics.

IMG_4319.jpg

yeah....I remember seeing that 'whaletail' for the first time on a powder blue 1976 turbo at the dealer...I was smitten! I could not stop looking!

• 2 weeks later...

my 930 is going to stay for sale...pm me if interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Porsch...tem330175322799

It bid to $29K sight unseen. No one even phoned, or e-mailed, yet they bid $29K ??? That price is too low....seems eBay is valuing 930's (at the wholesale level of course) at some sort of formula and 'picking on' cars with higher mileage (mine has 92K - considered high).

Mine is literally flawless, serviced, needs nothing and looks phenomenal....like a car with zero miles

• 2 weeks later...

I am still actively marketing my 930. I NEED to sell it and bring my Countach home. It is really nice and at $34,500. represents real value in my opinion. Stock, super clean examples are simply rare...mods were the norm for most of the past 20 - 25 years with most 930's. Anyway, thought maybe someone here might appreciate the heads up.

On eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:L:LCA:MT:31

As a young kid, my best friend and I went to the Porsche dealer and checked out the cars. Naturally we were only interested in the 911 Turbo :shock: . We both got single page brochures (freebees :icon_mrgreen: for the masses of tirekickers).

The two of us planned how we would buy these cars. :lol2: :lol2: A few years ago, while looking through old materials, I found the single page brouchure in my mom's garage :icon_thumleft: (It was a 1977 Turbo Carrera). The car was brown color in the pics.

is this turbo yours, Ralf ?

Si Emilio

Notice the Benelli Tornado Tre mirror :icon_thumleft:

is that the front end of a boxer Ralph...actually I have no idea what all you own...FESS UP!! :eusa_naughty:

and of course your 930 would be 'euro'!! :eusa_wall:

nothing but the 'coolest' shit......

The Box

Mike :icon_thumleft:

I also have a surfboard. :icon_mrgreen:

We need medical help

Ralph, three weeks from now I will be surfing in Hawaii!!! Let's see...exotic cars (Lambo's - COUNTACH'S especially :icon_mrgreen: ), surfing, chicks - all passions....we dudes are pretty predictable I guess! :icon_super:

________________________________________________________________________________

2 KEWL MIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Get some in Hawaii :eusa_dance:

Don't forget to snow ski :icon_mrgreen:

Ciao

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...
Si Emilio

Notice the Benelli Tornado Tre mirror :icon_thumleft:

NICE!!!

i noticed the benelli's mirror (very peculiar shape)

my fother had an old parallel twin 650 benelli tornado with only 3000 Km (as new)

and a laverda 750 SF

and a Triumph trident

....a lot of cool vintage 70's bike :icon_thumleft:

You mean the slats that came out before the Testarossa and 348? :lol2:

thats awesome, did not know that!