Audi RS6 Avant

OC

Sporting a 5.2-liter V10, complete with TSI and two turbos swinging from the exhaust manifolds, the RS6 will be producing upwards of 580 HP and 480 lb.-ft. of torque. This allows the Avant to jaunt to 60 in under 4.6 seconds and onto an electronically limited top speed of 155 MPH.

The official unveiling is days away in Frankfurt, so expect more to follow.

audi_rs6_avant_1280_01.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_02.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_03.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_04.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_05.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_06.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_07.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_08.jpg

audi_rs6_avant_1280_09.jpg

I could see myself, if I had a family, going to the ski hill on a cool Friday night, mild snow accumulation on the country roads, drifting my way to the family cottage, wifey complaining and the kids cheering...YES...that would be amazing!!! :) The RS6 would be the perfect car to do exactly that. :)

-Olivier

What changes will the Gallardo get then? A 4 door wagon cant have more power than that.

awesome!!! I've been waiting over a year for this thing to come out! (not that I can buy one :eusa_wall: )

Pump up the booooost!!!

Can't wait to see the standard 4 door version. I can imagine it will be quite good going off of this wagon.

Wish we'd get it Stateside, but then again the list of buyers here lining up for a $100k+ "station wagon" is limited. Love it.

Also, for the first time ever a bit of frustration has crept into my thoughts about the Audi/Lambo relationship. No way in hell that engine should be produced in an Audi vehicle unless you drop it into a G-car and tweak it just a bit to 600hp. I had read about the next RS lineup having 580HP months ago and dismissed it to rumor, as it was simply too much HP. But it's obvious that Audi brass simply doesn't give a shit anymore, and knows there are enough "poser" L-car buyers to fill the vaults with money regardless of how fast (or not) they are.

It's also frustrating that both the R8 and the new RS line have dramatically better looking interiors than the G-car. The next-gen Gallardo can't come soon enough, and unfortunately I'd bet everything I have that it's still 2+ years away due to money reasons.

Wish we'd get it Stateside, but then again the list of buyers here lining up for a $100k+ "station wagon" is limited. Love it.

We should be getting the regular saloon, like the last model. Assuming the make one, don't see why not.

Well, the Veyron also have it :icon_mrgreen:

The Veyron's tranny is actually a Ricardo built in Britian, it shares nothing in common with Audi's DSG other than paddles. Volkswagen can't seem to make a DSG strong enough for anything with more than 6 cylinders.

The Veyron's tranny is actually a Ricardo built in Britian, it shares nothing in common with Audi's DSG other than paddles. Volkswagen can't seem to make a DSG strong enough for anything with more than 6 cylinders.

It's still a friggin DSG box no matter who made it. And it shares a lot in common with Audi's DSG, infact they are based on the exact same principle. But the Veyron one is a lot quicker and tougher. VAG didn't spend all that money on development just to use the technology in Veyron exclusively. Now I doubt the RS6 will get it, but we will see other supercars with DSG in the near future.

Even though I usually prefer bmw`s Im brave enough to claim that`s the coolest wagon in the world :icon_mrgreen:

Just wait until MTM and others gets their hands on it, I bet it won`t take long when there`s 650+ hp rs6s hitting the streets!