Front bumper? WTF!

abolfaz

I sent him the following question. I wonder if he'll respond.

Hey Markus, are you planning to disclose the fact that half the front bumper is missing, or just screw the unfortunate winning bidder with your legal tough talk. Dealers like you make me sick.

Here's his response:

First and foremost thank you for your opinion, second the bumber is only missing because it is being refinished at the shop, due to its damage when it rolled into a parking block (curb) and cracked. I dont mind advise or opinions but i dont like opinions without facts. and as far as what makes you sick well!!! Please feel free to call me with more free advise or your feelings. Cordially, Markus (913) 302 - 0994

Funny, I didn't realize Diablo bumpers were 2 piece and split in the front.

sorry but can it be a replica...

i think it's very tall and the body seems stange...

the bumpers on the roof,the wheels...

is it a real diablo???

Good eyes, Mike.

It is located only about 4 miles from my house so I checked it out yesterday. It is a real Diablo SV. The previous owner put on aftermarket wheels a few sizes too big so they had to raise the back so the tires don't rub against the rear panels. According to the dealer, the owner didn't use the E brake so the car rolled down the street and it hit a curb. It had to be a big curb since the left side bumper was shattered into several pieces.....

ps: W/ that said, it appeared the car didn't suffer damage to anything else......but again, i am far from expert. It would be a right thing to do had they disclosed it.

put different wheels on, take the wing off, fix the bumper.........you could have nice ride.

Don't you think they need to change the exhaust system also? :lol2:

• 2 months later...

Mechanically this car runs and drives just like it should. However, the reverse lock-out feature is not working. The car will go into reverse just fine, however the shifter does not pop back up as it should when you shift back to 1st or any other gear. You are able to use all 5 forward gears and the reverse gear with no Reverse lock out. Our shop has estimated that it would take about $3,000 to fix the reverse lock-out problem

can some one explain this to me?

can some one explain this to me?

What he means I think is that you could put the car into reverse even if you were driving at 30mph in any gear. There's a feature in all newer (i use newer loosely here) cars that prevents you from even trying to engage reverse while you're moving forward.

It would take some muscle and violence to do this, but I guess that it can be done without the "lock-out" feature.

The lockout is achieved by a small piece of metal that is under the metal gate that corresponds to another piece that comes out of the shifter, I can't see it being $3k unless the piece on the shifter broke.

"The exterior is ingreat shape as well, however we believe that the front bumper has been prevously re-sprayed for stone chips. The rest of the car's body panels seem to be factory and un-refinished. There are normal bug and stone chips on the front nose and lower side rockers which are to be expected"

WHAT THE fcuk...WE BELIEVE that.....wtf is this WE BELIEVE they KNOW

Guest MOSS

I looked at that car when I was there a few weeks ago and it did not have the broken bumper. Odd? Did it happen between then and now? Yes, I like the wheels alot. They offered to swap the chrome wheels to the yellow super clean

SV they had.

Ok, I looked at the date of the first post. Oct. The work was already done when I saw it at fox valley

Why dont they just fix the shifter. Not impressed with doing business this way.

OK Guys,

Here is the Deal. The car belongs to us. LAMBORGHINI CHICAGO.

I wrote the description....along with all our other ads.

The car is not Perfect...at all. It needs some work. We knew the front bumper was painted, we were un aware of the damage. So, it now seems to me that the whole bumper has been replace.

We are selling it very cheap. $139,900 on eBay. The car runs ok and shifts ok....just not reverse. I think it has the potential to be a real nice car.

Please call me with any quesitons.

PS - To the guy who complemented me on the honest description. Thank you! I try very hard to make sure we accurately describe our cars...even if they aren't perfect!

Cheers!

-DB

The lockout is achieved by a small piece of metal that is under the metal gate that corresponds to another piece that comes out of the shifter, I can't see it being $3k unless the piece on the shifter broke.

According to Bill S. in our shop we have to take the who transmission therefor motor out to fix the reverse lock out.. Trust me, if it was a quick easy fix we would do it ourselves and sell the car once the work is completed.

I am not very technically savy with Lambo Motors so I have to go by what the guys in our shop tell me. I am sure you understand.

PS - To the guy who complemented me on the honest description. Thank you! I try very hard to make sure we accurately describe our cars...even if they aren't perfect!

Cheers!

-DB

If you were referring to me, you are welcome.