lLamborghini Countach S vs Ferrari Boxer

trev0006

I remember that episode....makes me laugh. Who the hell would ever need

to parrallel park a Ct? Plus something is wrong, I've never smelled gas inside any of them...

I'll watch it again but muted so I don't have to listen to the usual pussy whining "I can't see","I can't park"

"the controls are too heavy" blah blah blah

I don't have to listen to the usual pussy whining "I can't see","I can't park"

"the controls are too heavy"

:lol2: I agree. I think that anyone whining in a Countach should get a good beating when getting out of the car by owners lining up 30 yards and then be forced to drive a ford pinto in his underware. That is fair punishment.

A driver should know what to expect after 30 years of warning and be man enough to face it or not. Some people just don't know how to appreciate anything.

Like the car itself, one has to be uncompromising on things such as these

Always amusing to see that stuff. I do think that guys like this aren't really drivers, and I have also noticed that journalists spend just enough time with a car to see faults, and don't ever get used to the machine. I had my Countach for a year or two before I really melted in to it and felt like I could throw it around. The more and more I drove it hard, the better and better it felt. I would have dumped it in a heartbeat if it were a good looking dud that was not terrific on the road.

This guy and his like would complain about making love to a supermodel because his ass cheeks were getting a cool draft (forgive me, any tender ears out there.....).

This guy and his like would complain about making love to a supermodel because his ass cheeks were getting a cool draft (forgive me, any tender ears out there.....).

that was 'shakespearian' stuff - well put!

Too bad it was a heavy LP400S Series 3 highbody with a QV wing...

If that were a light, lowbody Series 1 or Series 2 with the big slung back wing it would have looked soooo much better.

For you guys in the U.S.A....They used my car in the interior shots...Black LP5000S.......I have to say I love the show but thought the article stank....why drive a Countach through an old village....Idiot.......and why not drive a good model......I think the blue car had the wrong Carbs fitted etc......they call that presenter Captain Slow so not the best person to appreciate the Countach....if they had tried mine they would have found light steering, light clutch and I never had a problem with looking out the rear view mirror....as for parking at the shops....I HAVE ANOTHER CAR FOR SHOPPING YOU DUMB F!?%K!!....anyway I,ve been on the show a couple of times and you should hear what goes on in the breaks!!....oh and they caught the rear tyre on the transporter so paid for two new rears for me....result!

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

....anyway I,ve been on the show a couple of times and you should hear what goes on in the breaks!!

I love English humor :icon_mrgreen:

Too bad it was a heavy LP400S Series 3 highbody with a QV wing...

If that were a light, lowbody Series 1 or Series 2 with the big slung back wing it would have looked soooo much better.

On behalf of the LP5000S owners here: :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_mrgreen:

On behalf of the LP5000S owners here: :icon_rolleyes:

No, no....

The 5000 cars have more torque to handle the extra weight.

Since it was a "LP400S" I just wish it were the smaller lightweight version for a better comparison.

A LP400S3 is like a 5000S injected car.... not the best of the class.

No offense to the more powerful larger body owners out there :)

I gotta admit, the first Countach I was in, I was disapointed. It was obviously expensive, a tight fit, and my Pantera would blow it into the weeds. Later on, it still bugged me every day, and eventually I bought mine. I don't regret it one bit. It's been one car that the newness and fun factor has just not worn off. (By the way, no carb fumes, & it doesn't have a hard clutch). I rode in a 512bb, carbed. It was really cool also, but I didn't think that it was that roomy either.

I gotta admit, the first Countach I was in, I was disapointed. It was obviously expensive, a tight fit, and my Pantera would blow it into the weeds. Later on, it still bugged me every day, and eventually I bought mine. I don't regret it one bit. It's been one car that the newness and fun factor has just not worn off. (By the way, no carb fumes, & it doesn't have a hard clutch). I rode in a 512bb, carbed. It was really cool also, but I didn't think that it was that roomy either.

I find the CT fits me much better than a 512BB. I also have no carb fumes, and the clutch is not hard at all. James May is not a real car guy, and all he did was rehash the old stereotypes of CTs with no original commentary. Lame, but the footage of that gorgeous blue CT more than made up for it.

Always amusing to see that stuff. I do think that guys like this aren't really drivers, and I have also noticed that journalists spend just enough time with a car to see faults, and don't ever get used to the machine. I had my Countach for a year or two before I really melted in to it and felt like I could throw it around. The more and more I drove it hard, the better and better it felt. I would have dumped it in a heartbeat if it were a good looking dud that was not terrific on the road.