430 scuderia

Lambo07

Yup, always good to keep the piano wire analogy in the back of your mind when driving the G hard. It makes beautiful music..... until it snaps!

I agree with Mako's basic argument... the scud has not even hit the streets, and could possibly be overated.... once again. Yes, it has an impressive shifter and many tweaks, but it still is a 430.... and the Gallardo competes with and is comparable to that platform.

Time will tell if the scud "runs circles" around a SL... it just a litte too early to write off the Gallardo.

:iamwithstupid:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually found in our area that the number of dildos on each side is about equal. But who's counting. :lol2:

Actually, I will say that the number of Lambo dildos is increasing due to the number of Fcar dildos switching sides.

Saying that the Gt2 is ugly, inmo, is rediculous. It is a beautifull car in its own right, just not as exotic looking as either the Fcar or the Lcar. Inmo, the new F430 and Super G, will yet again be extremely close to one another in every performance area, while the Gt2 will yet again be better performing on the track.

Oh and as to more fun to drive, the Miura Sv, or the 365, the 365 is about as fun to drive as a 1976 Corvette.

Yup, always good to keep the piano wire analogy in the back of your mind when driving the G hard. It makes beautiful music..... until it snaps!

I agree with Mako's basic argument... the scud has not even hit the streets, and could possibly be overated.... once again. Yes, it has an impressive shifter and many tweaks, but it still is a 430.... and the Gallardo competes with and is comparable to that platform.

Time will tell if the scud "runs circles" around a SL... it just a litte too early to write off the Gallardo.

That's my basic feeling as well, it's just too early to be coming to any conclusions. Especially the definitive ones that some are reaching. Lets drive them all first, then react. For all we know now, any of the three are a compelling choice. It will definitely be interesting to see them all matched up and dissected, that's for sure.

The E-Diff system that Ferrari is using is actually really advanced, and just might be as stable as the AWD platform (on a dry surface) without the understeer. The E-Diff works quite well in the standard 430, and apparently they have improved it for the Scuderia.

One thing I don't like about all of the mfgs lately is that they are absolutely engineering the stability of the platforms to be tied in to activated E-Diff/AWD/PSM systems. Cheating in effect. As soon as Needle turned off the stability control in that F430S video it surprised him a little with how the stability of the car changed, particularly under heavy braking.

It's a trivial point, but as the years pass it seems the days of say the Elise, or the NSX for that matter, where the car was absolutely stable under all conditions due to phenomenal engineering and suspension R/D, are a thing of the past. Turn off the E-Diff, or remove the AWD, or press the PSM button, and the cars may bite you in a way that they otherwise wouldn't have if none of those systems existed.

It's analagous to fly-by-wire implementation in aviation, where modern planes are inherently unstable and require constant computer corrections to keep them airborne. Without the assist, they'd go out of control nearly instantly.

One thing I don't like about all of the mfgs lately is that they are absolutely engineering the stability of the platforms to be tied in to activated E-Diff/AWD/PSM systems. Cheating in effect. As soon as Needle turned off the stability control in that F430S video it surprised him a little with how the stability of the car changed, particularly under heavy braking.

It's a trivial point, but as the years pass it seems the days of say the Elise, or the NSX for that matter, where the car was absolutely stable under all conditions due to phenomenal engineering and suspension R/D, are a thing of the past. Turn off the E-Diff, or remove the AWD, or press the PSM button, and the cars may bite you in a way that they otherwise wouldn't have if none of those systems existed.

It's analagous to fly-by-wire implementation in aviation, where modern planes are inherently unstable and require constant computer corrections to keep them airborne. Without the assist, they'd go out of control nearly instantly.

The nice thing about the Ferrari system is it can be completely turned off. You have the option of receiving electronic aids, or not. So, it has the best of both worlds. The AWD unfortunately is constantly working.

The AWD unfortunately is constantly working.

Not always.....I gave my AWD system some time off for good behaviour! :icon_mrgreen:

Not always.....I gave my AWD system some time off for good behaviour! :icon_mrgreen:

Ah yes, I should clarify that the AWD system is constantly working, unless of course you disconnect and/or remove it!

How are you enjoying the car without the AWD system? I bet it's fun.

Guest miyagi

I'm kinda with Mako on this one,

Think it's too early to be counting the SL out esp as no one has even seen the scuderia let alone driven it.

I'm not convinced of it's track times either yet.....but we'll see. :)

Clax don't agree with your point at all re people picking on here, basically being biased if they pick the G SL ovr the F430S. You are forgetting one important thing; the G looks so much better than the F430 from any angle in any form.

Plus for me, I would never willingly have a flappy paddle gear box it has to be 6spd. So the F430S is out.

But I can appreciate it is a vastly imporved looking car and seems to be getting great reviews.

It could be better than the SL if it is, no problem and no real shame the SL did come first!

Ah yes, I should clarify that the AWD system is constantly working, unless of course you disconnect and/or remove it!

How are you enjoying the car without the AWD system? I bet it's fun.

It is a blast. :icon_super:

any 1/4 mile runs without the awd system?

Nope, just a few top end runs.....but C&D has first dibbs on publishing the results. Gonna hit the strip soon.