Few SLR thoughts from my roadtrip

Allan-Herbie

#1. If anyone thinks that the SLR in Bev Hills is looked at as just another SLK, keep dreaming. Driving around through L.A. people everywhere, look, take pics, ask questions, love it. Girls fall over themselves.

#2. Took it on the PCH yesterday, and it was about 50 degrees outside, with very cool dense air, and at sea level. OMG, the car felt UNREAL. The difference in power and performance was simply amazing. The car took off like it had never done before. I can now see how these Benz guys get SUBSTANTIALLY better times in these conditions. It literally blew my mind as to the difference in how the car ran. Deuce was with me, and I think he was pretty suprised as to the power.

#3. On a 400 mile roadtrip, the car is simply trouble. I was avg 110-130 for all the open roads, and you feel like you are doing 70. In the Lambo you have the motor noise to remind you how fast you are going, this thing makes you forget. I have a video of the highest speed I reached on the trip, ill post it later.

so are your mods done now? What was your dyno on before and after? Going to sea level makes a huge differnce doesnt it. Think I how feel over here at 5000-6000ft with a DA of 6500-8500ft 90% of the time.

#1. If anyone thinks that the SLR in Bev Hills is looked at as just another SLK, keep dreaming. Driving around through L.A. people everywhere, look, take pics, ask questions, love it. Girls fall over themselves.

#2. Took it on the PCH yesterday, and it was about 50 degrees outside, with very cool dense air, and at sea level. OMG, the car felt UNREAL. The difference in power and performance was simply amazing. The car took off like it had never done before. I can now see how these Benz guys get SUBSTANTIALLY better times in these conditions. It literally blew my mind as to the difference in how the car ran. Deuce was with me, and I think he was pretty suprised as to the power.

#3. On a 400 mile roadtrip, the car is simply trouble. I was avg 110-130 for all the open roads, and you feel like you are doing 70. In the Lambo you have the motor noise to remind you how fast you are going, this thing makes you forget. I have a video of the highest speed I reached on the trip, ill post it later.

Do you miss having a proper stick to row through the gears?

That's one thing I miss from my Murcielago - the long shifter and the metal gates.

I knew you would come around one day! :icon_thumleft: How long do they need your car for now? That should be a fun drive home when it's done. You should have them swap those buttons for the new style paddles while they are at it. That should be an easy swap and they look so much better.

The car is still stock. I kept it for the weekend to drive in LA. Dropped off at SP today. Im sure Alex will have a dyno of it stock shortly. Wheels are at the shop, they look fantastic.

Do you miss having a proper stick to row through the gears?

That's one thing I miss from my Murcielago - the long shifter and the metal gates.

Honestly, I dont miss it at all.

The car is still stock. I kept it for the weekend to drive in LA. Dropped off at SP today. Im sure Alex will have a dyno of it stock shortly. Wheels are at the shop, they look fantastic.

can't wait... let me know if we can get a few new portraits of the SLR-post SP treatments :icon_super:

I can definitely attest to how insane the SLR ran this weekend. Like Allan said it was about 50 with slight foggy conditions and super dense air. When Allan stomped on it the SLR grunted down and took off like a bat out of hell, threw you back in the seat so hard you couldn't even lift your damn arms up!!

Oh, and Allan don't forget about the tool and his wife in the RennTech SL55 that you made run home and cry his eyes out LOL!!! His wife probably left his pansy ass after that !!!!!! :lol2:

Deuce

I can definitely attest to how insane the SLR ran this weekend. Like Allan said it was about 50 with slight foggy conditions and super dense air. When Allan stomped on it the SLR grunted down and took off like a bat out of hell, threw you back in the seat so hard you couldn't even lift your damn arms up!!

Oh, and Allan don't forget about the tool and his wife in the RennTech SL55 that you made run home and cry his eyes out LOL!!! His wife probably left his pansy ass after that !!!!!! :lol2:

Deuce

Oh I forgot about that guy! Some tool in silver Renntech Sl55 with a horrible sounding exhaust started doing ricer flybys on us. We catch him at the light, and I asked him if he wanted to race for the title to his car. From the point forward, he made sure to stay 20 car lengths behind us!

You're getting old :icon_mrgreen:

We were actually talking in L.A. about how thankfull we were not to have to shift in most of the traffic situations.

We were actually talking in L.A. about how thankfull we were not to have to shift in most of the traffic situations.

oh god..........next your going to start telling everyone you like the e-gear. :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: