My new toy

IsleroMan

I've been looking for a mint early Esprit off and on for years. I really wanted a series 1 because it was the purist design, but most of them are junk. I had known about this one for a few years, and a couple months ago a friend of mine found out it was for sale, so we drove down to Sierra Vista, AZ, looked at it, and my friend bought it. Well shortly after he bought a Miura, so he needed to liquidate some of his cars, and today I bought the Esprit from him. This is by far the nicest '70s Esprit I have ever seen. It's the 8th Esprit imported to the US and has 37k orig. miles. It had 3 owners before my friend bought it in Oct., and has always been in CA and AZ. The paint is original; the interior was restored by the previous owner. It's not fast, but with only 2000lb to move, the 160bhp engine does surprisingly well. It looks really good next to the CT in the garage. I need to get some pics of them together.

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

That is kewwwwwwl :icon_super: :icon_pidu: :drunk:

You need to drive that thing, on some real twisty roads. :shock:

Congratulations - 2000 pounds :drunk:

VERY NICE!

Great color, and the interior re-do looks top notch.

Back in the early 80's, I was a couple of grand short of buying a Johnny Player Special. 1979 Model maybe???

In hindsight, I am glad I never got it considering my life at that time and the maintenance I now know it would have required,

but I sure did want it at the time.

Does it have the secret submarine conversion kit on it ? :icon_mrgreen:

I know, trite. But someone would have said it!

Thanks guys. I'm really excited. Hard to believe you can still buy a car with supercar looks for $10k. It's much easier to drive than the CT. All the controls are lighter, the car is much lighter, and the outward visibility is better. I just wish there were more twisties here in Phoenix. All the roads are straight. I'll have to take it up north. And fortunately there's no water here in the desert, because it doesn't have the sub package. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks guys. I'm really excited. Hard to believe you can still buy a car with supercar looks for $10k. It's much easier to drive than the CT. All the controls are lighter, the car is much lighter, and the outward visibility is better. I just wish there were more twisties here in Phoenix. All the roads are straight. I'll have to take it up north. And fortunately there's no water here in the desert, because it doesn't have the sub package. :icon_mrgreen:

Udo

If you get bored in the future, can you please give me a call (b4 Jason-of course)? :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_pray: (I want a Lotus) !!

- Try either Flagstaff, and or Mt. Lemmon in Tucson for some good roads.

I saw an article, that claimed these cars were the very first tier of entry level exotics.

Udo

If you get bored in the future, can you please give me a call (b4 Jason-of course)? :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_pray: (I want a Lotus) !!

- Try either Flagstaff, and or Mt. Lemmon in Tucson for some good roads.

I saw an article, that claimed these cars were the very first tier of entry level exotics.

:icon_mrgreen: Will do.

I do need to take the car north. Nice roads and scenery there. I think the Esprits are very undervalued. If that body had a bull or horsey badge, it would be worth 3-4x. Unfortunately having only 4 cylinders means it was never taken seriously. It should have had a small V8 from the start.

:icon_mrgreen: Will do.

I do need to take the car north. Nice roads and scenery there. I think the Esprits are very undervalued. If that body had a bull or horsey badge, it would be worth 3-4x. Unfortunately having only 4 cylinders means it was never taken seriously. It should have had a small V8 from the start.

:iamwithstupid:

Nice...I had a 87 turbo once and loved it....are the pedals hugely offset and the wheel not straight?? Seem to remeber that was the case. On the right twisty roads if its well set up...not much will keep up with you. Congrats!!

great looking Lotus :icon_thumleft:

i had a short experience with one of those and i was surprised with the handling, the only negative aspect of the car for me was the lack of power, the chassis could handle so much more...

have fun,and be safe :icon_thumleft:

Nice...I had a 87 turbo once and loved it....are the pedals hugely offset and the wheel not straight?? Seem to remeber that was the case. On the right twisty roads if its well set up...not much will keep up with you. Congrats!!

I haven't noticed anything unusual about the steering wheel, but the pedal box is pretty cramped for my size 13 feet, even worse than the CT. I have to use the sides of my feet. May have to go barefoot.

I haven't noticed anything unusual about the steering wheel, but the pedal box is pretty cramped for my size 13 feet, even worse than the CT. I have to use the sides of my feet. May have to go barefoot.

If it becomes too bad, please give me a call. :icon_mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

i like it !

cool car and perfect color

never seen a nicer example

i have a lot of roads here perfect for it :icon_super:

strong euro here LOL :aiwebs_017: : please send me a PM when you will want to ged rid of it

i like it !

cool car and perfect color

never seen a nicer example

i have a lot of roads here perfect for it :icon_super:

strong euro here LOL :aiwebs_017: : please send me a PM when you will want to ged rid of it

Will do, but Ralph gets first dibs. :icon_mrgreen:

One of the all time greatest cars. The purtity of the concept and execution are peerless in modern automobiles.

Will do, but Ralph gets first dibs. :icon_mrgreen:

Udo

Emilio

:icon_butt: :lol2:

Udo

Emilio

:icon_butt: :lol2:

DAMN!

:tyson:

we will see :lol2:

BTW: the car is really lovely and i am sure is a blast to drive on some secondary road

DAMN!

:tyson:

we will see :lol2:

BTW: the car is really lovely and i am sure is a blast to drive on some secondary road

Udo is going to take care of his Countach brother. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

That's a pretty nice car, too. Looks to be more original than mine, but mine is in better shape. While I kind of like the original tartan interior, especially on a white S1, most people are probably turned off by it. Mine was also upgraded to the Euro Dellorto DHLA carbs. I believe mine came with the Euro bumpers, but I can't confirm that. I hope he gets the $18k, though I doubt he will. It was bid up to $10,100 last week.

Udo,

Congrats on the Esprit, it looks wonderful!

I wasn't too fond of the series 1 but these pics have made me change my mind, and the interior is sweet. Is that an OEM steering wheel and shifter?

Udo,

Congrats on the Esprit, it looks wonderful!

I wasn't too fond of the series 1 but these pics have made me change my mind, and the interior is sweet. Is that an OEM steering wheel and shifter?

I'm pretty sure the shift knob is original (the one on eBay has the same knob), but the steering wheel is definitely not. I have the original wheel (same as the eBay car), which I'll put back on when I sell the car.

I'm pretty sure the shift knob is original (the one on eBay has the same knob), but the steering wheel is definitely not. I have the original wheel (same as the eBay car), which I'll put back on when I sell the car.

I love the steering wheel. The 4 spoker looks very appropriate here...better than 3 I think!

What MOMO model is that?

I love the steering wheel. The 4 spoker looks very appropriate here...better than 3 I think!

What MOMO model is that?

The original is a two