VBOX TIMES

What Ii want to find out is that in the other VBOX Times thread, how these cars managed these 60-130mph times, and what is done to them. :eusa_think:

4.78 - Markski / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts

4.90 - Divexxtreme / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Ii want to find out is that in the other VBOX Times thread, how these cars managed these 60-130mph times, and what is done to them. :eusa_think:

4.78 - Markski / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts

4.90 - Divexxtreme / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts

Massively modified Porsches, I believe one or both of them has run the 1/4 in the 9's.

So I did some 60-130mph runs today in the TTG in race gas mode (875 rwhp). The car pulled noticeably harder than in the pump gas mode. It was a bit hotter today and very sunny, near 80 degrees. The best times I was able to get was with starting in 3rd gear with 1 shift and ending in 4th. Just like when I did them in the pump gas mode. I tried a couple runs starting in 2nd, but the extra shift seemed to eat away more time than it saved in these 60-130 runs. Below is a graph with the best run on a flat road, as well as a picture of the Vbox time. I started with 60% full tank of gas, by the end I was almost empty. 60-130mph runs in race mode eat gas like I have never seen. Around the time the gas light came on, I realized I had done all my runs with the A/C on. :eusa_wall:

best notable times

60-130mph 5.22 seconds

60-100mph 2.48 seconds (different run than the 5.22)

100-130mph 2.66 seconds (different run than the 2 above)

I also had a back up time of 5.3 seconds in the 60-130mph, and every run I had was much better than my best of 5.94 sec in pump gas mode in colder weather with the A/C off.

The average G (acceleration) during the entire 60-130mph of my best race gas run vs my best pump gas run was .618 G vs .542 G. Quite an improvement. Maximum acceleration G between the 2 during their respective runs was .870 G vs .748 G, also quite a difference. This shows about a 15% improvement, which strangely correlates almost exactly to the 15% bump in power the car gets in race gas mode vs pump gas.

I do think there is still some room to improve the above best time. When it cools down a bit, Ill try some more runs with the A/C off. If I am lucky and get the perfect run, maybe I can get a sub 5 second time. I would be just fine with a 4.99. :icon_mrgreen:

Aaron

Very Very Nice Aaron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_super:

Massively modified Porsches, I believe one or both of them has run the 1/4 in the 9's.

Markski has run a best E.T. of 9.91 and a best MPH of 145.6mph (same run), Divexxtreme has run a best E.T. of 10.45, and a best MPH of 148.0mph (different runs). He has a new set up now though.

Aaron

Was Waynes on Race gas or pump?

pump. don't think another 100 hp would improve time.

that elim & I full tank of gas.. probably 4200 lbs..

ran a 3.4 without elim he was videoing launches. I didn't have camera to capture 3.4

run.

Great stuff.

What's your best 0-60?

See post #30 of this thread for more info.

On pump gas with shitty 2.2 60' time.

0-10mph .48 sec

0-20 1.28

0-30 1.79

0-40 2.45

0-50 2.95

0-60 3.48

0-70 4.07

0-80 4.99

0-90 5.71

0-100 6.48

Aaron

My best time for the murci was 3.7s 0 to 60, this was the first of three attempts.This was with the wings up, pulling a 300lb guy. I am sure it can go faster with a proper launch. The weather was around 75 degrees and I was probably 3 miles from the beach. I didnt even attempt to do 0 to 100.

It was just a pain in the ass to find a spot to do the test without much traffic. That and trying to take pics of the results during the day. I think a person would have better luck doing this in the later part of the evening with less traffic, the display is easier to read/photograph as well. If anyone has a better location to do these tests in OC, please pm me.

The Speedo was off anywhere from 8-10% +/-. If I was showing 90 mph on the clock it was actually 82mph. At 40mph IT WAS 36mph.

The first pic is the Murci results and the second is of my H2 with 37 inch toyo mud tires..

I should be meeting with a SuperLeggera this evening, I will post those #s as well

murci_ali_run.jpg

Hummer__s.jpg

My best time for the murci was 3.7s 0 to 60, this was the first of three attempts.This was with the wings up, pulling a 300lb guy. I am sure it can go faster with a proper launch. The weather was around 75 degrees and I was probably 3 miles from the beach. I didnt even attempt to do 0 to 100.

It was just a pain in the ass to find a spot to do the test without much traffic. That and trying to take pics of the results during the day. I think a person would have better luck doing this in the later part of the evening with less traffic, the display is easier to read/photograph as well. If anyone has a better location to do these tests in OC, please pm me.

The Speedo was off anywhere from 8-10% +/-. If I was showing 90 mph on the clock it was actually 82mph. At 40mph IT WAS 36mph.

The first pic is the Murci results and the second is of my H2 with 37 inch toyo mud tires..

Nice! We need 0-100!

I should be meeting with a SuperLeggera this evening, I will post those #s as well

Great time! Is your car an egear or manual? Best I was able to get in my 6.2 Murci, was 3.8 seconds, it was egear.

pump. don't think another 100 hp would improve time.

that elim & I full tank of gas.. probably 4200 lbs..

ran a 3.4 without elim he was videoing launches. I didn't have camera to capture 3.4

run.

Here's the video from these runs!

Included is the 3.4 sec run...it's one of the last three launches:

0-60 vbox-timed runs!

looked level to the eye plus we had a 50 MPH headwind....HA!

Sometimes other traffic and gawkers as we popped clutch at 4000 RPM

in the industrial next to the PEPSI plant` area as car produces serious "thunder" at high

engine RPM's.

Cant you guys get to 100! Nice runs!

Not in Irvine, if we lived out in the boonies like you it wouldnt be an issue :icon_mrgreen:

Its funny, I rarely see cops speeding in the Lambo but when we were testing out with the Vbox they kept appearing out of nowhere. That and having a few near accidents we called it off early.

BTW, I wasnt in the SL, he was riding solo.