VBOX TIMES

Finally got my TTG equipped with new tires, the Nitto Invos. It rained yesterday, so I had to wait until today to really try them out with the vbox. The car was in the pump gas mode, with 93 octane in the tank. 760 rwhp is what it dynoed at in this mode. The temp was 62 degrees and partly sunny. The new tires really made a big difference as I was able to go full throttle in 2nd gear (instead of waiting for 3rd with the stock Rossos), and was able to give it much more throttle sooner in 1st. I didnt have my camera with me, so I had to disect the run using the software to get the times broken down in 10 mph increments. This way I was able to break it down to the 100th of a mph and get a more accurate depiction of the run.

Best 0-60mph, and 0-100 mph run is as follows (both happened in the same run):

0-10 0.32 seconds

0-20 0.97

0-30 1.51

0-40 2.51

0-50 3.01

0-60 3.54

0-70 4.16

0-80 5.14

0-90 5.85

0-100 6.71

From the start of the run to the end, the elevation only changed 1.919 feet, so this was an extremely flat road, and the place I normally do 0-100 runs. On that run I had a peak acceleration G of .966 G which occured at 28.40 mph in 1st gear. I also had a .963 G at 48.15mph in 2nd gear. Highest in 3rd gear was .779 G at 76.71 mph.

Looking at some of the other data throughout my drive, I found a peak acceleration of 1.084 G in 1st gear at 12.30 mph on another run.

Sort of taking the launch out of the equation a little bit, we can look at the graph below, and you can see the info for 30-100mph which took 5.2 seconds. Comparing this to Allan's modded SLR run, 30-100mph came in 5.7 seconds. Comparing it to my previous best run of 0-100mph of 7.1 seconds (on the old stock tires), which came at 5.3 seconds, most of the improvement was made in the first 30 mph, and was a direct result of the better tires and more traction in 1st and 2nd gear. I do believe there is still some room for improvement as I am hardly an expert driver.

post-6539-1207192432_thumb.jpg

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my TTG equipped with new tires, the Nitto Invos. It rained yesterday, so I had to wait until today to really try them out with the vbox. The car was in the pump gas mode, with 93 octane in the tank. 760 rwhp is what it dynoed at in this mode. The temp was 62 degrees and partly sunny. The new tires really made a big difference as I was able to go full throttle in 2nd gear (instead of waiting for 3rd with the stock Rossos), and was able to give it much more throttle sooner in 1st. I didnt have my camera with me, so I had to disect the run using the software to get the times broken down in 10 mph increments. This way I was able to break it down to the 100th of a mph and get a more accurate depiction of the run.

Best 0-60mph, and 0-100 mph run is as follows (both happened in the same run):

0-10 0.32 seconds

0-20 0.97

0-30 1.51

0-40 2.51

0-50 3.01

0-60 3.54

0-70 4.16

0-80 5.14

0-90 5.85

0-100 6.71

From the start of the run to the end, the elevation only changed 1.919 feet, so this was an extremely flat road, and the place I normally do 0-100 runs. On that run I had a peak acceleration G of .966 G which occured at 28.40 mph in 1st gear. I also had a .963 G at 48.15mph in 2nd gear. Highest in 3rd gear was .779 G at 76.71 mph.

Looking at some of the other data throughout my drive, I found a peak acceleration of 1.084 G in 1st gear at 12.30 mph on another run.

Sort of taking the launch out of the equation a little bit, we can look at the graph below, and you can see the info for 30-100mph which took 5.2 seconds. Comparing this to Allan's modded SLR run, 30-100mph came in 5.7 seconds. Comparing it to my previous best run of 0-100mph of 7.1 seconds (on the old stock tires), which came at 5.3 seconds, most of the improvement was made in the first 30 mph, and was a direct result of the better tires and more traction in 1st and 2nd gear. I do believe there is still some room for improvement as I am hardly an expert driver.

Nice runs! Now Im gonna have to breakout my tires too!

Its kind of weird looking at, that initially off the line you got a better time than me, then the SLR pulls back ahead, then the G pulls ahead...

SLR

0-10mph .4 sec

0-20mph 1.1

0-30mph 1.7

0-40mph 2.4

0-50mph 3.0

0-60mph 3.6

0-70mph 4.3

0-80mph 5.2

0-90mph 6.2

GTT

0-10 0.32 seconds

0-20 0.97

0-30 1.51

0-40 2.51

0-50 3.01

0-60 3.54

0-70 4.16

0-80 5.14

0-90 5.85

0-100 6.71

I need to be able to put the power to the ground in sport mode, not 2nd gear.......

On that run the SLR pulled ahead when the TTG shifted. They were fairly close to 60 mph, then the TTG started pulling away. In any high horsepower application, I think traction is going to be a major issue. My new tires were a big improvement over the stock tires, but I am still not able to put all the power down to the ground. Since the above run, up to 90mph, was better than your run up to 100, we can look at the 30-90 mph 4.5 seconds for you, and 4.34 for the TTG, fairly close. Your modded SLR is definitely fast, it will probalby hang with a standard TTG up to 90mph or so. Once the speeds get into triple digits the TTG extra power will come into play, and the TTG will pull away for good. Hopefully you can find a spot to do some 60-130 soon, I am curious to see how well the SLR does after 100mph. Mines doing a consistent 5.9 seconds on very flat roads. I am going to be trying some runs in race gas mode soon as the weather clears up.

On that run the SLR pulled ahead when the TTG shifted. They were fairly close to 60 mph, then the TTG started pulling away. In any high horsepower application, I think traction is going to be a major issue. My new tires were a big improvement over the stock tires, but I am still not able to put all the power down to the ground. Since the above run, up to 90mph, was better than your run up to 100, we can look at the 30-90 mph 4.5 seconds for you, and 4.34 for the TTG, fairly close. Your modded SLR is definitely fast, it will probalby hang with a standard TTG up to 90mph or so. Once the speeds get into triple digits the TTG extra power will come into play, and the TTG will pull away for good. Hopefully you can find a spot to do some 60-130 soon, I am curious to see how well the SLR does after 100mph. Mines doing a consistent 5.9 seconds on very flat roads. I am going to be trying some runs in race gas mode soon as the weather clears up.

I definitely disagree on the slr hanging to only 90mph. you are forgetting that I'm starting my runs in 2nd gear and that undoubtedly on radials ill be significantly faster in 1st. at the dragstrip even loosing traction half track the car still ran 0 to 101 in 7.2 seconds. also as we have discussed there is a big difference in elevation and temp between the 2 of us. you also have 93 octane I'm at 91. both of us are battling different issues, I'm battling a car that makes peak torque barely off idle, and computers that limit power till 3rd gear. a race between the 2 cars will be a lot closer than you think. in az conditions your car will not post the times your posting.

I definitely disagree on the slr hanging to only 90mph. you are forgetting that I'm starting my runs in 2nd gear and that undoubtedly on radials ill be significantly faster in 1st. at the dragstrip even loosing traction half track the car still ran 0 to 101 in 7.2 seconds. also as we have discussed there is a big difference in elevation and temp between the 2 of us. you also have 93 octane I'm at 91. both of us are battling different issues, I'm battling a car that makes peak torque barely off idle, and computers that limit power till 3rd gear. a race between the 2 cars will be a lot closer than you think. in az conditions your car will not post the times your posting.

I disagree with you on several points.

1. The elevation can make a difference in certain situations, but not as much as you think because we are both traction limited at this point. Right now I dont really know how your car will pull from 100mph on up. The elevation could make a difference at higher speeds, but not when you are losing traction.

2. The octane also does not make much of a difference at slower speeds as we are both traction limited. Until you get some higher mph times, theres nothing to compare.

3. IMO you wont be able to run any faster starting in 1st gear compared to 2nd gear on STREET tires, due to being traction limited. Also im still not sure the transmission doesn't just kick down to 1st gear from 2nd anyways when you start hard in comfort.

4. Being on drag radials is not the same as the tires I am running, mine are street tires, designed for all weather use. If I put drag radials on my car very low 6s in 0-100mph would be very plausible, your car would not run that even on slicks with best weather/elevation conditions IMO.

5. My times have just as much of an improvement to make as yours does, you are far more experienced in your car than I am mine, and yours is way easier to drive being an automatic with a great traction control system. That's the reason the times seem somewhat close and lead you to believe that elevation and octane will keep you close.

6. in AZ I think I would post as good or better times than I have SO FAR, because I would have less traction issues. You will see my times improve when it gets warmer here. My car has pulled 1.084 G in acceleration, yet during my best run so far it only got up to .966 G, so there is still a lot of room for improvement. Once you get your stuff graphed we can see what the SLR is pulling in acceleration.

7. It took your car a lot longer to go from 80-100mph than it did mine, and that gap will only widen as the speeds increase. Took you 1 second on both your runs to go from 80-90, and 1.1 seconds on the 1 run to get from 90-100mph, my car did 80-90 in .71 sec, and 90-100 in .86 seconds. That's 1.57 second 80-100mph compared to your 2.1. That's a pretty HUGE difference, and cannot be explained away with octane and elevation.

8. I am assuming you are going off your 1/8 mile posting on your 1/4 time slip where you went 7.2 seconds at 100.7mph. Also what you ran at the track is different than the street. You can get way better traction off the line at the track as it it prepped etc. You were also on drag radials. Running at the track and running those tires gave you a huge advantage over my run. On my posted run, I got up to 100mph and then .9 seconds later hit the 1/8 mile, by then I had slowed to 90.4 mph and had traveled 120 more feet. That means you likely hit 100 mph at about the 640 ft mark, while I according to my graph, I hit it at the 538 feet. A pretty large difference especially considering you were traction limited throughout that part of the run so elevation and octane had no bearing on it, and despite your huge track/drag radial advantage, the TTG would have still been ahead by quite a bit.

You'd think that since theres enough TTG's around that SOMEONE would race Allan so we could settle this once and for all!

I'm replying from my phone so I can't make a real long reply. first the slr does not click down to firs in comfort mode, one long run to 80mph then shift to 3rd.

as for the altitude and temps 100percent makes a big difference. hopefully we shall soon find out as ryno will be here with his tt g. hopefully we can race and pull times from his car.

I'm replying from my phone so I can't make a real long reply. first the slr does not click down to firs in comfort mode, one long run to 80mph then shift to 3rd.

as for the altitude and temps 100percent makes a big difference. hopefully we shall soon find out as ryno will be here with his tt g. hopefully we can race and pull times from his car.

Arent his times on pump gas though? I think he has another 260+ wheel hp in that car.

I ran an 8.45 sec. 60-130 mph (and back up run of 8.51 sec) today in my Renntech SL65 on very flat road. (100 - 200 km/h was 7.29 sec) Weather was 57 degrees and cloudy. Tank was 3/4 full with 93 octane. Car was in sport mode, and after forcing it to start in 2nd gear at about 48 mph, I let the tranmission do all the shifting. It shifted it at 5750 rpm everytime (redline is 6000). These times easily put my SL65 in stock SLR territory. Yes I know, the SLR is still the overall faster car.

Some notable measurements:

My SL65 Renntech (all from the same 48 - 136 mph run with vbox)

60-130mph 8.45

100-200kmh 7.29

60-90mph 2.80

60-100mph 3.90

50-90mph 3.71

50-100mph 4.81

Allans modded SLR (best of 2) posted vbox runs, definitely faster than my SL65.

60-90mph 2.6

60-100mph 3.7

50-90mph 3.2

50-100mph 4.4

From the info I could dig up on the net, a stock SLR runs 60-130mph from 8.6-8.9 sec and 100-200kmh in 7.2 - 7.4 sec. If anyone has any other info please let me know.

Aaron

post-6539-1207505556_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1207505580_thumb.jpg

New record today for me in the TTG on pump gas (760rwhp). I botched the launch big time, but still pulled off my best 0-60mph and 0-100mph run yet. Temp was 68 degrees and very sunny today, compared to 62 degrees and cloudy on my previous best run.

0-60' 02.2 sec 34.6 mph

0-10mph .48 sec

0-20 1.28

0-30 1.79

0-40 2.45

0-50 2.95

0-60 3.48

0-70 4.07

0-80 4.99

0-90 5.71

0-100 6.48

Max G of acceleration in run .966 G

Average G of acceleration throughout run, .648 G

total distance of run 504.260 feet

compared to my old best run down below

0-60' 01.9 sec 34.8 mph

0-10 0.32 seconds

0-20 0.97

0-30 1.51

0-40 2.51

0-50 3.01

0-60 3.54

0-70 4.16

0-80 5.14

0-90 5.85

0-100 6.71

Max G of acceleration in run .966 G

Average G of acceleration throughout run, .638 G

total distance of run 539.410 feet

Considering a .3 difference in 60ft time between the 2 runs, there is still room for improvement. There was a huge improvement this time in the 30-100mph (sort of after the launch). 4.69 sec this time compared to 5.2 seconds last time, see graph below.

post-6539-1207536438_thumb.jpg

Very nice Aaron! Hurry up with the race gas...... Jason ran a 5.1 60-130mph in the TT G SL(on race gas, with me in the car as a passenger). I know you can do better than that!! :icon_mrgreen:

Very nice Aaron! Hurry up with the race gas...... Jason ran a 5.1 60-130mph in the TT G SL(on race gas, with me in the car as a passenger). I know you can do better than that!! :icon_mrgreen:

Yes haha, Jason told me about that. That is smoking fast. I had a passenger (190 lbs) yesterday in that best 0-100mph run I posted, I havent had a passenger in any of my other runs, go figure.

I put race fuel in the car yesterday evening after my testing and took someone out for a spin. The tank was full, but I could still feel a significant power difference. When I looked at the acceleration on the graph when I got back, I had pulled a max acceleration of 1.14 G in 2ND gear, compared to my best of 1.04G in 1ST gear on the pump gas mode.

Also Bernard, I tried doing the power launch and couldnt get it to work. I tried like 5 times, I must be missing something. It would just launch like normal. I turned esp off, sport mode on, let go of brake and immediately pressed the gas hard. I did it once this way in my other 06 verde Gallardo and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

Aaron

Yes haha, Jason told me about that. That is smoking fast. I had a passenger (190 lbs) yesterday in that best 0-100mph run I posted, I havent had a passenger in any of my other runs, go figure.

I put race fuel in the car yesterday evening after my testing and took someone out for a spin. The tank was full, but I could still feel a significant power difference. When I looked at the acceleration on the graph when I got back, I had pulled a max acceleration of 1.14 G in 2ND gear, compared to my best of 1.04G in 1ST gear on the pump gas mode.

Also Bernard, I tried doing the power launch and couldnt get it to work. I tried like 5 times, I must be missing something. It would just launch like normal. I turned esp off, sport mode on, let go of brake and immediately pressed the gas hard. I did it once this way in my other 06 verde Gallardo and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

Aaron

Jason is jumping at the bit to obliterate a few records....I told him to stick to wrenching and let a Vbox pro like you show him how its done!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Man, sorry I can't help with the power launch issue due to a lack of egear....but from the little I know, it seems like you had the car set up right.

Great Times Aaron !!!!!!!! :icon_super:

Once you get used to the car in the higher boost setting you will never go back!!

Jason is jumping at the bit to obliterate a few records....I told him to stick to wrenching and let a Vbox pro like you show him how its done!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Man, sorry I can't help with the power launch issue due to a lack of egear....but from the little I know, it seems like you had the car set up right.

Sounds like Jason better get his car done soon then...

Times will keep getting better and better :monkeyleft:

Hehe, I am good at using the vbox, graphs and such, but as for the driving part, im barely above average. Jason is by far the better driver. :notworthy:

Great Times Aaron !!!!!!!! :icon_super:

Once you get used to the car in the higher boost setting you will never go back!!

Thanks, I am 1000% sure you are right, this is why I have waited so long to put race fuel in the car. There is no going back now :eusa_wall:

pump fuel, full tank, passenger..top down...probably 4200 lbs

actually 1 run that Elim not in car 3.4..no photo(no phothgrapher..he had the camera)

need to practice launch more plus Hoosiers for the june 8th event.

vbox.jpg

Hehe, I am good at using the vbox, graphs and such, but as for the driving part, im barely above average. Jason is by far the better driver. :notworthy:

Dude, don't sell yourself short.... so far you have all the official vbox records. Keep 'em comming! :icon_thumleft:

So I did some 60-130mph runs today in the TTG in race gas mode (875 rwhp). The car pulled noticeably harder than in the pump gas mode. It was a bit hotter today and very sunny, near 80 degrees. The best times I was able to get was with starting in 3rd gear with 1 shift and ending in 4th. Just like when I did them in the pump gas mode. I tried a couple runs starting in 2nd, but the extra shift seemed to eat away more time than it saved in these 60-130 runs. Below is a graph with the best run on a flat road, as well as a picture of the Vbox time. I started with 60% full tank of gas, by the end I was almost empty. 60-130mph runs in race mode eat gas like I have never seen. Around the time the gas light came on, I realized I had done all my runs with the A/C on. :eusa_wall:

best notable times

60-130mph 5.22 seconds

60-100mph 2.48 seconds (different run than the 5.22)

100-130mph 2.66 seconds (different run than the 2 above)

I also had a back up time of 5.3 seconds in the 60-130mph, and every run I had was much better than my best of 5.94 sec in pump gas mode in colder weather with the A/C off.

The average G (acceleration) during the entire 60-130mph of my best race gas run vs my best pump gas run was .618 G vs .542 G. Quite an improvement. Maximum acceleration G between the 2 during their respective runs was .870 G vs .748 G, also quite a difference. This shows about a 15% improvement, which strangely correlates almost exactly to the 15% bump in power the car gets in race gas mode vs pump gas.

I do think there is still some room to improve the above best time. When it cools down a bit, Ill try some more runs with the A/C off. If I am lucky and get the perfect run, maybe I can get a sub 5 second time. I would be just fine with a 4.99. :icon_mrgreen:

Aaron

post-6539-1207619926_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1207619935_thumb.jpg

Five seconds, christ that's fast.

It's a Veyron Jr...without the Jr. :icon_thumleft:

I forgot, my 100-200 km/h time was 4.57 seconds (same run as the 5.22 sec 60-130 mph). I think a Veyron 100-200 km/h is 4.8 seconds. Of course from a stop the Veyron's launch is superior.