New shots of Allan's SLR

pat_ernzen

Allan and I got together last night to get take some shots of his awesome SLR. It was the first time I've seen it since the mods and it looks goood. Black suits the car so well and the new wheels/caliper color compliment the car very, very well. And honestly, I've never been a fan of turbine wheels. Anyway, here are a handful of shots from last night. I haven't had a lot of time to work on getting through all of them, but unfortunately due to a problem with one of the lenses or filters I was using, many of them didn't come out at all. Higher res here:

http://www.desert-motors.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=146

normal_IMG_0064-wm.jpg

normal_IMG_0091-wm.jpg

normal_IMG_0101-wm.jpg

normal_IMG_9804-wm.jpg

normal_IMG_9841-wm.jpg

normal_IMG_9894-wm.jpg

normal_IMG_9925-wm.jpg

normal_IMG_9956-wm.jpg

Let me know what you think. :icon_thumleft:

Awesome shots Pat! The car looks sick, I am pissed I never got to see it/drive it after the mods.

The car looks amazing. Good shot man. What kind of equipment/setting are you using?

Thanks everyone, glad to hear you like them. I'm happy with the way many turned out, but due to some "technical difficulties" on my/my lens/my filter part, many of the shots I took didn't turn out. I should have quite a few more on the way once I get a chance to go through all of them, though.

Were any of those shots done with HDR?

Not really HDR, but on a couple I processed the RAW a couple different times to balance the sky and things like that.

Great shots Pat!

Thanks Allan. I have them in higher res (for print) for you as well. Once I get more I'll send you a link.

Awesome shots Pat! The car looks sick, I am pissed I never got to see it/drive it after the mods.

It really is too bad. Any plans to come back to visit AZ anytime soon?

The car looks amazing. Good shot man. What kind of equipment/setting are you using?

Thanks. Canon 20D w/ Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS. Virtually every single shot with the 70-200 turned out misfocused or soft, but I think it may've been the C-PL I was using that was causing the issues.

Thanks everyone, glad to hear you like them. I'm happy with the way many turned out, but due to some "technical difficulties" on my/my lens/my filter part, many of the shots I took didn't turn out. I should have quite a few more on the way once I get a chance to go through all of them, though.

Not really HDR, but on a couple I processed the RAW a couple different times to balance the sky and things like that.

Thanks Allan. I have them in higher res (for print) for you as well. Once I get more I'll send you a link.

It really is too bad. Any plans to come back to visit AZ anytime soon?

Thanks. Canon 20D w/ Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS. Virtually every single shot with the 70-200 turned out misfocused or soft, but I think it may've been the C-PL I was using that was causing the issues.

We can get some more shots tommorow at the track too.

Have to tell you SLR looks good in pics but IMO it even looks better in person. Saw a Black one at a dealer today and I was really impressed!

Damn that thing looks mean! Those second and third pics, it looks like it's getting ready to go to warp speed just standing still. And maybe it's just me but i see some hints of the old 300slr in that 6th pic. good stuff.

I have a new wallpaper!

Amazing pictures of an amazing car.

Im gonna jump on the band wagon here and say the SLR always seemed nice to me but I never really liked it but damn allan your car looks amazing and has most definately changed my attitude twords the SLR