Nissan GT-R

Castor Troy

I know nothing about this car. Never even heard of it till I stumbled upon it at some Nissan Place in Tokyo. Seemed really popular so I took some pictures and sat inside it. I then laster noticed two going down the street. I saw a red one and a another I think was silver. I own a 350Z. And it felt just like one, plus it had backseats.

post-5221-1207696963_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1207696975_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1207697171_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1207696988_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1207697710_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1207697904_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1207698326_thumb.jpg

LOL, how could you have never heard of it? It has been the talk of every car show the last year. They look cool and they have some decent power. I'd have to actually see some out on the road though.

Basically it's raising the bar on "bang for the buck" performance. It's allegedly quicker than the Plastic mess-06 and 911 turbo in straight line and track performance.

I've heard that Acura has plans for a new NSX, but won't release any info until they have the GTR's time beat around Nurnburgring.

The GTR did the 'ring in 7:35 if I'm not mistaken.

The new lightweight model has been "seen" doing 7:25-7:28 though.... which is nuts.

Looks like you went to Nissan Gallery in Ginza Tokyo! Is the racing version of this car still of the turntable display?

I am getting one to replace my 911 S!

GTR Premium Edition

Ultimate Metal Silver/Black Interior

I don't really care whether this car is hated by many, especially American car lovers. It should be a great car to take out to track meets!

The GTR did the 'ring in 7:35 if I'm not mistaken.

The new lightweight model has been "seen" doing 7:25-7:28 though.... which is nuts.

Video of the 7:38 run:

Yep, just read the latest road and track and they loved it. Faster times than zo6 and 911tt. Looks like the 'POS guys have been ousted from the bang for buck throne.

I know nothing about this car. Never even heard of it till I stumbled upon it at some Nissan Place in Tokyo. Seemed really popular so I took some pictures and sat inside it. I then laster noticed two going down the street. I saw a red one and a another I think was silver. I own a 350Z. And it felt just like one, plus it had backseats.

what the hell are you high on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's allegedly quicker than the Plastic mess-06 and 911 turbo in straight line and track performance.

Not.

Prove it.

No problem. Same day, some conditions.

accad4.gif

Past 80 mph (in other words, past the wonders of AWD), the GTR is smoked.

Every mag that have compared these two on the same day and same conditions come up with the same result. Result being, close to 60-80, then the Plastic mess-06 runs away.

No problem. Same day, some conditions.

accad4.gif

Every mag that have compared these two on the same day and same conditions come up with the same result. Result being, close to 60-80, then the Plastic mess-06 runs away.

Cool. Thanks for that. :icon_thumleft:

Which is one of the reasons why C/D is the best of the American rags, their unique "5-60mph" rolling test with no launch control and no AWD high-rpm clutch drops effectively exposes the cars that generate their ultra-fast 0-60mph times through shenanigans.*

Shenanigans that John Q Public is highly unlikely to use in the city at a stop light, either due to equipment attrition (launch control clutch destruction) or possible legal issues (high rpm clutch drop with a cop car sitting at the opposite light :lol2:).

The GT-R C/D tested last month was nearly a full second slower to 60mph without LC engaged and without a high-rpm clutch drop at launch...versus say a ZO6, which loses just a quarter second between the two tests.

*The use of the word "shenanigans" when describing mfg tactics to produce low magazine test times is trademarked by Mako... :icon_axe: :lol2:

wow that trap speed for the gtr is horrible if it really is putting down 450whp

Not too bad considering its weight really, which in the C/D test was exactly 3,908lbs with half a tank of gas. Even with 450whp you're talking about a pretty average power/weight ratio.

The magazine tests of factory-provided ringer GT-Rs turning traps in the mid-to-high 120s has distorted the inescapable fact that no matter what the stopwatch says, cars come down to power/weight ratios if not utilizing shenanigans to artificially manipulate the figures.

Doesn't mean it's not a beast, the strong fundamentals of the car combined with its near-autopilot "HAL 9000" software turns normal drivers into gods...even if it's not clear who's doing most of the heavy lifting. :icon_mrgreen: