Suspension rose joint question

johnmh

Got mine last week, they look fantastic. It will be a while before I get them fitted but will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the kind words Terry!

I wish a few others would buy some, i sold very few sets and could really do with some help in moving them.

Anyone else want to purchase as set?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish a few others would buy some, i sold very few sets and could really do with some help in moving them.

Hey if I hadn't already replaced the few bad ones that I had I would be all over these. Sincerely Vic

Any Countach owner is silly not to buy, otherwise they will end up paying the full Lambo price. Plus we will not get people like Kurt to take the time and i suspect great expense, to re produce these parts for us.

Terry

Yup I'll have a set - 1988.5 QV, sending pm.

Jonathan (UK)

Yup I'll have a set - 1988.5 QV, sending pm.

Jonathan (UK)

Thanks Jon,

Shipped yesterday, should have them in 3-5 days.

Anyone else need a set?

I'm stuck on this.

I want a set but don't need it on my '78.

I did the same test Bobileff does in his video.

I also have no play in my suspension or steering.

So, it's hard to justify spending the money.

But I'll think about it because of their age.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm stuck on this.

I want a set but don't need it on my '78.

I did the same test Bobileff does in his video.

I also have no play in my suspension or steering.

So, it's hard to justify spending the money.

But I'll think about it because of their age.

Thats what I thought,

BUT, then I realised that sometime in the next few years I will need them, and I don't want to be forced to pay stupid main dealer prices!! So Put them in my 'Rainy Day' parts box.....

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here received a complete set? I ordered 2 sets and still waiting on parts from Kurt....credit card was charged in full though...

Brian

Look above. He states he wishes more people would buy them.

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. They will contact him. And maybe it'll wake him up.

Send him a pm, I don't think you need to worry. I know the shipping companies are slammed right now.

Jfrazar

These guys are right. I thought you've exhausted trying to get a hold of him.

Use the CC company if can not get a response.

I own a business as well and would NEVER EVER charge someone in full for a partial order.

Kurt...sent you another PM...please contact me asap. I need these parts asap.....

Can you at least send me the kits you have listed on Ebay???? or are these partial kits as well....if so, you need to post this on Ebay.

Brian

Kurt has informed me he does not have enough of the joints (#35 in the rear suspension TAV)) to complete all the orders and is presently awaiting on another shipment to arrive. I am also short two of the #39 heim joints with the offset shank.

I also questioned the EBAY sales, but he said that anyone buying these would also have to wait for the above mentioned parts to arrive. I'm sure I would do business a bit differently than this, but in his favor, I do have to say he does always honor his commitments, even if that might be a bit tardy.

I also am in an ASAP situation and am anxiously awaiting the remaining parts!!

All it takes is a phone call to customers......

• 1 month later...

Boy, what a headache, just got the additional items in yesterday, long long story, but the moral is when we 1st started shipping we only allocated 005109558 @ 4 per car & 005209535 @ 4 per car, when infact there were 8 per car, so we ran out & the last couple orders were short.

All remainder items shipped today and everyone should have the rest of the parts by Friday, tracking info has been sent.

I've got 12 full kits in stock ready to ship out, the price on here is still good for $2299.99 + shipping, but ebay is @ $2899.99 per set now. It costs me over $300.00 in ebay fees to sell them that route.

Thanks for updating and keeping L-power price.

Ebay is great for buyers, terrible for sellers.

I ran into a stumbling block and needed a special tool to remove the bolts off of the rear suspension. Lamborghini made a tool for this, & I found one (the factory Lamborghini tool) and rented it + a $300 deposit. I think I'm going to need it a little longer, so I took the tool earlier in the week to a machine shop to see if they could replicate it. I had three made, so if anyone wants one, let me know. The picture shows the original tool & the two available. The machine shop that built them, builds parts for Gov contracts, makes propeller shafts & tug boat parts, etc. High end stuff, not a Napa. $160.00 plus shipping for anyone interested. I didn't get a picture to load on this site, but if you look on the f site, I got a pic posted in the section Countach, the Ultimate Supercar.

I ran into a stumbling block and needed a special tool to remove the bolts off of the rear suspension. Lamborghini made a tool for this, & I found one (the factory Lamborghini tool) and rented it + a $300 deposit. I think I'm going to need it a little longer, so I took the tool earlier in the week to a machine shop to see if they could replicate it. I had three made, so if anyone wants one, let me know. The picture shows the original tool & the two available. The machine shop that built them, builds parts for Gov contracts, makes propeller shafts & tug boat parts, etc. High end stuff, not a Napa. $160.00 plus shipping for anyone interested. I didn't get a picture to load on this site, but if you look on the f site, I got a pic posted in the section Countach, the Ultimate Supercar.

Just for my ref. and any customers that call and ask, as one did yesterday. Is this tool you made required to remove the joints we supplied, or needed to remove non related parts? Do you have the Lamborgini tool #? It should start something like 009003222/3/4 etc

Please keep me updated on your install, it;s good for everyone that wishes to replace their joints down the road, not to mention good feedback for us.

Just for my ref. and any customers that call and ask, as one did yesterday. Is this tool you made required to remove the joints we supplied, or needed to remove non related parts? Do you have the Lamborgini tool #? It should start something like 009003222/3/4 etc

Please keep me updated on your install, it;s good for everyone that wishes to replace their joints down the road, not to mention good feedback for us.

Yes it's for your kit. It's used to remove the ring nuts, specifically part number 008251401, that is attached to the control arms. It may work somewhere else on the car, I don't know just yet. I have one left, if anyone is interested. I don't have the tool part number, but Its genuine coming from the source. It took the machine shop almost all day to make the three of them ( 6.75 hours on the bill ).

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
Guest 79LP400S

Hello,

I know this is an over 10 year old post, but restoring a series one LP400, and all the cast iron rod ends are either worn out or missing (someone had replaced them with standard rod ends at some point). I was wondering if Limey or someone else still had these reproduction ball joint/suspension component kits available, or if anyone knew where to locate these parts for less than crazy ($200 a joint) prices.

Thanks