Nissan GTR on stock tires just did 7:29

RCChris

Wonder what fuel/how much boost they used?

Everyone uses race fuel. I'd use race fuel, but I have no idea how much boost it was running. It's still insane, a 70,000 Nissan can go so fast. I was impressed with 7:38, but 7:29 is just unreal.

That is flying. This car deserves to be respected by all.

There is something really really really fishy about this car. I'm guessing it's SEVERELY underrated on power. I would like to see a dyno of one. No way it all adds up. With the power to weight I just don't get it.

There is something really really really fishy about this car. I'm guessing it's SEVERELY underrated on power. I would like to see a dyno of one. No way it all adds up. With the power to weight I just don't get it.

from what the media is saying, the GTR is very under-rated on power (it has to be with those numbers)

the GTR is very under-rated on power

It is however not under rated on ugliness.

That's insane, it must have a lot more power than they claim, Japanese cars usually do, when their power output was restricted by law(or maybe still is no idea) they were tuned in such way that you just have to replace the air filter you would gain significant amount of horse power.

Who knows? :eusa_think:

I can't wait for the V-Spec :icon_thumleft:

Lets see what a basic GTR does without all the hype and tweeks and what it will do on the other tracks as well...it certainly does look impressive, but I am not totally convinced this is a stock car...

The GTR is an amazing car!!! If this is a stock car and is achieving what it has done... The car deserves respect from each and everyone of us for what it is capable of doing for 70K

Fifth Gear test showed that the GTR is in fact faster than the new E92 M3 and a 997 GT3. Just going off this the car deserves respect, anything extra is just a plus.

Fifth Gear test showed that the GTR is in fact faster than the new E92 M3 and a 997 GT3. Just going off this the car deserves respect, anything extra is just a plus.

fifth gear? or Autocar?

either way, when tested the GTR was 0.3 seconds faster than a GT3, and certainly not on GT2,CGT or Zonda levels of perforamance.

The GTR is an amazing car!!! If this is a stock car and is achieving what it has done... The car deserves respect from each and everyone of us for what it is capable of doing for 70K

so you have one on order hey :P

from what the media is saying, the GTR is very under-rated on power (it has to be with those numbers)

That's insane, it must have a lot more power than they claim, Japanese cars usually do, when their power output was restricted by law(or maybe still is no idea) they were tuned in such way that you just have to replace the air filter you would gain significant amount of horse power.

1/4 mile times would show if it was very under-rated and they don't.

fifth gear? or Autocar?

either way, when tested the GTR was 0.3 seconds faster than a GT3, and certainly not on GT2,CGT or Zonda levels of perforamance.

I'm pretty certain it was Fifth gear, though I could be wrong. GTR is 70,000 and the GT3 is more than double the price. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that its better than a CGT or Zonda clubsport. I'm just saying it deserves respect!

Ever since the GTR came out, I haven't heard any one talk about Plastic mess-06 beating Lambos/Ferraris anymore. Its the GTR beating almost everybody.. meaning its taking Plastic mess-06's spot of being one of the hated cars. :)

This car definitely needs some respect.

:iamwithstupid: Hopefully, Nissan will do some kind of facelift on the V-spec as well. But the big question is, will the V-spec be available as a world car too? I'm still waiting for the NISMO version. :icon_mrgreen:

so you have one on order hey :P

I don't have one on order yet but I have been considering it. I rather wait to see if they release any other version here in the states... We will see, the car is not the best looking car but for a car to just play with and enjoy at 70K, the entrance fee is not bad at all.

Ok this is getting ridiculous now. Nissan has somehow rewrote the laws of physics. I think witchcraft is involved lol. An absolutely amazing machine if the info is completely true. The Vspec is going to be simply legend status if the regular GTR is this badazz. Regardless of its looks nothing but respect for the car and Nissan for giving us a car this capable for 70k. This bodes well for mfgs of superexotics as they will no doubt elevate there games respectively. Similar effect that the 300zx/NSX had back in the 90's.

^It's not really surprising. Nissan did that almost 20 years ago in 1989 with the R32 Skyline GTR using the 911 as its target, succeeded and generated a new phenomenon which still exists today. The only difference being the R32, R33 & R34 were available in Japan and other RHD countries only. Fast forward a decade and Nissan was in financial crisis so its products and the company itself weren't going anywhere except perhaps fading into oblivion. Then Renault came in, put in a new CEO who's probably one of the best if not the best in the auto industry and completely changed the mindset and operations of an old-fashion Japanese conglomerate. Armed with new cash and new directions, Nissan re-started with the revival of the Fairlady/Z-car and moved up the scale to the Skyline series and made the GTR-revival a

world car. :icon_thumleft: My only gripe is the looks of the new car as well as why didn't Nissan keep the Skyline name.

^It's not really surprising. Nissan did that almost 20 years ago in 1989 with the R32 Skyline GTR using the 911 as its target, succeeded and generated a new phenomenon which still exists today. The only difference being the R32, R33 & R34 were available in Japan and other RHD countries only. Fast forward a decade and Nissan was in financial crisis so its products and the company itself weren't going anywhere except perhaps fading into oblivion. Then Renault came in, put in a new CEO who's probably one of the best if not the best in the auto industry and completely changed the mindset and operations of an old-fashion Japanese conglomerate. Armed with new cash and new directions, Nissan re-started with the revival of the Fairlady/Z-car and moved up the scale to the Skyline series and made the GTR-revival a

world car. :icon_thumleft: My only gripe is the looks of the new car as well as why didn't Nissan keep the Skyline name.

^^Agreed. Since the R32-34 Nissan has been going after Porsche for Ring supremacy. I too wish they would have wrapped this phenominal car in better looking sheetmetal but its growing on me.

BTW I just came back from a Nissan dealer. They are pre-selling it for 90k with a mandatory 5g for holding your spot. There was a Ferrari owner that tried to deposit 1g and they turned him away lol. Salesman was like no one cares for Ferrari now as none of there current models can beat the 70k GTR. 5k down or no deal. I was in disbelief as this deffinately represents the highwater mark for the hype surrounding the GTR. No offence but Id take an F430/Modena/599 etc over a GTR anyday regardless of how much slower they are and I love the GTR lol.

"BTW I just came back from a Nissan dealer. They are pre-selling it for 90k with a mandatory 5g for holding your spot"

Sounds like the Audi dealers with the R-8, they couldnt give me a definite price, european delivery, and i didnt want to wait..and got a v 10 now. at 90k + sounds close to ZR1 range..but it does have AWD...but the looks...ugggh...