Traveling with a Lamborghini

I guess the way smart way to do it is ship your clothing to each hotel and then ship the dirty clothing back. :icon_thumleft:

Speaking of which, here's a curious questions for all of you owners out there, and maybe some of you have actually done this (or contemplated it).

Suppose you wanted to just go buck-wild for a week or two and take your G or M on a cross-country trek -- not an organized event like the Gumball or something, where logistics are largely taken care of for you, but just on your own.

Would you feel comfortable doing so in a Lambo? Would you be worried about where you could park it at night, what the parking situation was like (indoors or outdoors, small town with unfriendly people, etc.)? Would you be worried about people in Middle America in general being not so kind to you and possibly harming the car? And if you had mechanical problems of some kind in, say, Frog Balls, Arkansas, then what?

In short, would you be comfortable setting out on such a journey?

I'm very curious . . . .

Speaking of which, here's a curious questions for all of you owners out there, and maybe some of you have actually done this (or contemplated it).

Suppose you wanted to just go buck-wild for a week or two and take your G or M on a cross-country trek -- not an organized event like the Gumball or something, where logistics are largely taken care of for you, but just on your own.

Would you feel comfortable doing so in a Lambo? Would you be worried about where you could park it at night, what the parking situation was like (indoors or outdoors, small town with unfriendly people, etc.)? Would you be worried about people in Middle America in general being not so kind to you and possibly harming the car? And if you had mechanical problems of some kind in, say, Frog Balls, Arkansas, then what?

In short, would you be comfortable setting out on such a journey?

I'm very curious . . . .

My husband and I do this all of the time. Last year we drove to Monterey (him in the Countach, me in the Diablo) and it was a blast. I actually prefer taking two cars because then I have more room for my shoes :icon_mrgreen: But seriously, we have both packed into the Diablo and found max capacity. If you pack right, the front boot can hold 1 large carry-on size suitcase, 1 average duffle bag on top, shoes and misc. packed loose around the two bags. I take a shopping bag that folds flat to put the shoes/misc. in once we get to our destination.

In Europe there are companies that specialize in this kind of travel, and they plan a route for you with adequate roads and they recommend only hotels with adequate parking especially if you have a sports/exotic car and are worried about leaving out in the open, scraping etc etc. They also can arrange transportation of your luggage if necessary.

In Europe there are companies that specialize in this kind of travel, and they plan a route for you with adequate roads and they recommend only hotels with adequate parking especially if you have a sports/exotic car and are worried about leaving out in the open, scraping etc etc. They also can arrange transportation of your luggage if necessary.

Ameer I would be very interested in that, do you have any other details?

Thank you very much.

There are 2 companies that i know of. They also worked with Porsche and Aston Martin owners clubs to organize such trips. They have a lot of info on their sites,

First:

http://www.bonneroute.co.uk/

Second:

http://classictravelling.com/

Read on both sites so you can get a better picture of what they offer. It is very interesting, i was planning on booking one of their tours myself. You can go as a group with other drivers, or independent. You can choose one of their pre-made tours or you can opt for a bespoke tour. It's really cool. For groups you need to have a classic or modern sports car, or they can arrange for a rental. For independent tours you can drive anything you want. All the driving is done on scenic roads, but you can sway from the group if you feel the need for speed in Germany for example :) They are really flexible. Read over there and see for yourselves. Read the FAQ on both sites to get a good idea of how these tours work.

There are 2 companies that i know of. They also worked with Porsche and Aston Martin owners clubs to organize such trips. They have a lot of info on their sites,

First:

http://www.bonneroute.co.uk/

Second:

http://classictravelling.com/

Read on both sites so you can get a better picture of what they offer. It is very interesting, i was planning on booking one of their tours myself. You can go as a group with other drivers, or independent. You can choose one of their pre-made tours or you can opt for a bespoke tour. It's really cool. For groups you need to have a classic or modern sports car, or they can arrange for a rental. For independent tours you can drive anything you want. All the driving is done one scenic roads, but you can sway from the group if you feel the need for speed in Germany for example :) They are really flexible. Read over there and see for yourselves.

:icon_thumleft:

I saw a pic of an F40 with 2 bicycles on top parked near a park. that was pretty darn cool.

We have actually had many people take the shelf/divider out of the trunks which pretty much triples the space.

I've seen a yellow Gallardo hauling a yellow motorcycle on one the Lambo forums...can't remember where I saw the pic at tho :eusa_think:

I have done cross country trips quite a few times. I have gone from B.C. to Phoenix 3 times (gallardo). I have also gone from B.C. to Regina SK. in a Countach. I lost almost all my space in the front boot when I got my Twin Turbos (gallardo), this makes road trips alot harder when you have two people in the car! After 8 hours of driving in a Gallardo the seats start to feel uncomfortable.

We have actually had many people take the shelf/divider out of the trunks which pretty much triples the space.

That's the first thing I did with the Murci. Don't know why Lambo put it in there- it is a huge waste of space.

I've seen a yellow Gallardo hauling a yellow motorcycle on one the Lambo forums...can't remember where I saw the pic at tho :eusa_think:

post-9260-1210770677_thumb.jpg

That's the first thing I did with the Murci. Don't know why Lambo put it in there- it is a huge waste of space.

Yeah you can actually fit stuff in the trunk when you do that.

I have done cross country trips quite a few times. I have gone from B.C. to Phoenix 3 times (gallardo). I have also gone from B.C. to Regina SK. in a Countach. I lost almost all my space in the front boot when I got my Twin Turbos (gallardo), this makes road trips alot harder when you have two people in the car! After 8 hours of driving in a Gallardo the seats start to feel uncomfortable.

What went into the front boot that took up the space?

If you decide to book one of their tours before i do, let me know how it went.

I am planning it for next year, the only small problem is I need to go in a 4 seater :icon_mrgreen:

I have my two little girls that will go with us.

I check out the websites it looks very very interesting!