LP640 skid plates

mhh

A few holes in the bottom of the bumper are better than destroyed carbon. The LP is MUCH worse at scraping than the pre-LP cars.

I'm trying out new, softer skid plates. Will post up some pictures when they are on.

Is softer better? I am having some installed at Newport Lambo & not aware of different varieties. I think these are pretty hard though, similar to carbon fiber. Only other downside I can think of with these is that you are adding more to the bumper (making it lower and more chance to hit things you may ordinarily miss). But being so thin it isnt much addition and still probably better than not having them since you will just "skid" over stuff.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told to go to scrap armour for skid plates. Unfortunately they dont make them for LP640. Supposedly theirs would be the least visible. Need them for my car.

Is softer better? I am having some installed at Newport Lambo & not aware of different varieties. I think these are pretty hard though, similar to carbon fiber. Only other downside I can think of with these is that you are adding more to the bumper (making it lower and more chance to hit things you may ordinarily miss). But being so thin it isnt much addition and still probably better than not having them since you will just "skid" over stuff.

The idea is the softer skid plates absorb more of the impact instead of transferring it to the bumper. Not sure how much of a difference it makes since the skid plates are so thin.

I have lp640 skid plates and rarely ever hit them in my lowered lp640. Raise it up when I go in curbs and that covers most. In fact I think I may have only scrapped 1 time ever on the plates and it was small. It might have to do with the rear ending being lowered and changing the pitch of the car, not sure but it's low.

Got the car back from Newport Lambo and the skid plates are nice. I was going to post some photos, but they are so inconspicuous that any photo I took you could not really see them due to them being so thin and black in color. Best shots I have it seems are those above on the green car. After two years of ownership I have not scraped the front yet, but who knows when the unexpected comes along or brain fart in forgetting to raise the front.