Carbon Fiber Gallardo decklids ready to ship!

Heffner Performance

When we install Allan's I will document the weight differences. It does not include the glass window but will accept it. Typically we install a mesh screen in place of the window to allow heat to escape the engine compartment more quickly.

When we install Allan's I will document the weight differences. It does not include the glass window but will accept it. Typically we install a mesh screen in place of the window to allow heat to escape the engine compartment more quickly.

Is allan getting mesh or glass?

Here is a pic for lurkers...

post-8198-1208562844_thumb.jpg

With the mesh on full time have you ever had that temporary water-fouling-the-plugs issue some of the earlier G-cars had when owners washed them Vroom?

With the mesh on full time have you ever had that temporary water-fouling-the-plugs issue some of the earlier G-cars had when owners washed them Vroom?

Nope, no problems so far, even got caught in a light rain once.

Allan's car is getting the mesh. The factory ignition coils and all of the electrical connectors have rubber seals on them so water cannot penetrate and cause issues. Additionally, the coils have a cover with a gasket to keep water away from the coils in general. Though if you submerge the car in water you may have an issue, but at that point, water on the coils will be the least of your worries. :icon_thumleft:

What do you do about the two mesh metal pieces on either side of the glass? Do you have to order them as a part from Laborghini? If not how much ar they? Does anyone know how much the factory glass is as well?

What do you do about the two mesh metal pieces on either side of the glass? Do you have to order them as a part from Laborghini? If not how much ar they? Does anyone know how much the factory glass is as well?

If you are dead set against using the mesh ( I would use the mesh) I wouldnt go with factory glass. Id use Lexan, for lightweight and just have a piece cut somewhere that would fit the dimensions. As for the side grills, Im sure they are obtained from lambo and not very expensive.

Allan's car is getting the mesh. The factory ignition coils and all of the electrical connectors have rubber seals on them so water cannot penetrate and cause issues. Additionally, the coils have a cover with a gasket to keep water away from the coils in general. Though if you submerge the car in water you may have an issue, but at that point, water on the coils will be the least of your worries. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the details, good info. We had members post frequently on strange behavior in the earlier cars after washing them (sluggish throttle response, etc) which seemed to disappear each time after the car got a chance to dry out a bit. We assumed it was the plugs, but perhaps it was something else if the seals are that tight.

Agree with Allan, if you're going to do this, do the mesh. If not, at the very least go lexan.

do you think this would fit an LP560? I'm on the verge of ordering an LP560, but if this deck lid would fit, I will order one with the non-glass deck lid. The option of the glass-deck lid is about $4200, so this would be a great upgrade for a few hundred bucks more (plus whatever the glass or lexan would cost)...

do you think this would fit an LP560? I'm on the verge of ordering an LP560, but if this deck lid would fit, I will order one with the non-glass deck lid. The option of the glass-deck lid is about $4200, so this would be a great upgrade for a few hundred bucks more (plus whatever the glass or lexan would cost)...

I dont see why it wouldnt fit, but dont take my word for it. Although Id put money it will.

If you are dead set against using the mesh ( I would use the mesh) I wouldnt go with factory glass. Id use Lexan, for lightweight and just have a piece cut somewhere that would fit the dimensions. As for the side grills, Im sure they are obtained from lambo and not very expensive.

The top grills required are $2,000, unfortunately I was dumb enough to buy a glass bonnet without them and the plastic shroud, I was quoted by the dealer $5,000 for the missing parts, needless to say the glass hood is collecting dust in my garage :eusa_wall:

I just bought the last CF decklid that Jason had in stock!!!! If you want one then call Jason up to get on the list for the next batch. Hopefully he gets more made!

I just bought the last CF decklid that Jason had in stock!!!! If you want one then call Jason up to get on the list for the next batch. Hopefully he gets more made!

He must be pissed, because I think the last one was meant for his car!

• 1 month later...