Plymouth Prowler

Smash Boy

Anyone ever own one of these cars??

The stock motor is wimpy as hell, the stock interior and steering wheel are average, but I see a lot of potential for a fun ride if one did the proper mods.

Keep the rims and tires stock, and drop in a crate 6.1 liter SRT-8 hemi motor (and maybe throw on some extra motor mods) with a beefed up auto trans. Put in a MOMO wheel, put in a nice system, and play around with the interior a bit and you'd have a genuine street rod.

Of course I expect to see a lot of haters in general, but surely I can't be alone in thinking the Prowler is a cool looking car that never was given proper justice from the factory.

:icon_mrgreen:

You have a great idea, sounds like an amazing setup. Just so you know, its not going to handle well, so dont expect to go to the track with it. Its basically for cruising around the city in. and with your setup it will be hawt :D

You gotta be fcuking kidding me? Have you got nothing else to do?

LOL. Come on dad, this is not happening anytime soon....and may never happen.

But the recent '34 ford hot rod thread got me thinking about the Prowler as well as seeing one in a shop last week.

At least say something constructive, like the platform is a POS and is a waste of time. :icon_mrgreen:

why not just buy a chopped hot rodded 30's Ford Coupe. Save yourself some money and get the real thing.

Are they really that cheap? Hmmmm, interesting.

I thought you couldn't touch genuine muscle for cheap anymore.

Plymouth made the Howler concept that had a 4.7 liter V8.

I dont think you are ever gonna fit anything biggerr than that in the car, the engine bay aint that big.

I like the idea but unfortunately i dont think youare gonna fit that big of a motor in it.

howler_1.jpg

Plymouth made the Howler concept that had a 4.7 liter V8.

I dont think you are ever gonna fit anything biggerr than that in the car, the engine bay aint that big.

I like the idea but unfortunately i dont think youare gonna fit that big of a motor in it.

howler_1.jpg

You sure about that?

I've heard of LS7 transplants in Honda S2000s and other V8 motors in 4 cylinder car transplants. I hear about it so often that I'd never even question it.

I know a guy in Maryland with a Hartge BMW E90 3 series with the M5 V10 in it....nuff said! :)

Anyways, if you know for sure I'm not challenging you, but never be quick to dismiss any monster engine transplant into a smaller car.

:icon_mrgreen:

given that we dont have them here, ive always been fascinated by them

the definately look the business,

The Prowler is a POS and no matter what you do to it it will still be a POS.

If you want a hot rod go buy a real one, or have a shop build what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned two Prowlers. One a stock silver, and the other a Paxton Supercharged Red colored. The motor is far from slow, it's a very light car, and the V6 does very well. It's no Lamborghini, but it's still very fun and fast.

The supercharger made a gigantic difference in performance, it was a really nice upgrade that can be done for about $8k fully installed. The cars themselves are inexpensive now.

The build quality is fantastic, its a factory built car and mostly off the shelf parts. There's nothing too expensive to replace and nothing too hard to repair. It's a truly simple automobile.

If you do get one, I'd recommend getting the front bumpers removed, the front steering components chromed, the rear valance cover installed, etc... There's a lot that car can improve on cosmetically by removing its "whiskers".

I couldnt find any pics of my silver one on this PC, but here's 31 pictures of my red. Notice the exterior upgrades and the supercharger gauges/engine shots.

Cheers

Ben

redprowler01.jpg

redprowler02.jpg

redprowler03.jpg

redprowler04.jpg

redprowler05.jpg

redprowler06.jpg

redprowler07.jpg

redprowler08.jpg

redprowler09.jpg

redprowler10.jpg