Spyker D8 SSUV

RSAEVENTS

Americanized, what makes you think that? Have you been to Amsterdam?

To be honest I am not so much of a fan of the Spyker cars either but they have nice factory none the less. Did you get to meet Victor Muller?

Lol, and this comes from a guy who hates Hawaii but likes Phoenix ;)

Hawaii sicks ass, and i dont like Phoenix, i like Scottsdale. I now live in Newport Beach though.

How does Spyker even manage to stay in business? Is anyone actually buying these things???

Spyker would have been out of business by now if they weren't selling enough cars.

Spyker would have been out of business by now if they weren't selling enough cars.

From what Ive heard.... thats close to being reality... Not to mention try buying one, and selling it and see what are worth... dealers wont give you 30 cents on the dollar for a trade.

Well when I see brand new 2006 Spykers still sitting around I tend to think there's not exactly much demand for them.

Well when I see brand new 2006 Spykers still sitting around I tend to think there's not exactly much demand for them.

I suppose that is understandable. BUT Spyker is not a brand that lends itself to being purchased "off the shelf" as most cars (even exotics). Owners get to choose from a number of custom options, with the factory working closer to the owner than most companies.

This part of the buying process is one of the reasons people enjoy the brand.

When owners are purchasing vehicles at this level ($$), they choose a vehicle that suits their particular driving style.

We can battle back and forth on brand loyalty, but that is not what this post was for.

for those that are not fans of the Spyker Brand, I am sorry that you do not see what the rest of us do.

thanks for everyone's thoughts on the SSUV.

I saw the car in Geneva. Not a fan on the styling, reminds of a big bloating fish with a gaping mouth but it is unique and different.

Nice interior though, has a bit of the Veyron+Zonda elements in it. Not sure how that metal strut in the rear will pass DOT though.

GMS_110.jpg

GMS_117.jpg

GMS_114.jpg

GMS_116.jpg

I saw the car in Geneva. Not a fan on the styling, reminds of a big bloating fish with a gaping mouth but it is unique and different.

Nice interior though, has a bit of the Veyron+Zonda elements in it. Not sure how that metal strut in the rear will pass DOT though.

LOL that car is not ugly! Its HIDEOUS!!!! :lol2:

Interior is nice......the rest of the car looks like it was designed by the guys that brought the world such wonderful cars like the Pontiac Aztek.

I'm not a fan of the looks...but i do like that somone is taking a shot at making a super lux SUV in the $200K+ Braket. I always wondered why SUV's price/exclusivety wise seemed to top out at the Cayenne Turbo S or Range Rover Sport level.

Sedans and Sports cars certainly have much higher echelons...why cant suv's.

Is there even a market for that suv? The design reminds me of something that would have been made in the the 50's I can't ever imagine that going into production, let alone someone actually buying one.

Wow, you guys are harsh!!!

Of course there is a market for these cars... remember, people scooped up the Cayenne (at record numbers).

Our China and Middle East regions are booming right now. The markets around the world are doing great for all of the manufacturers.

When the productions version comes out, I'll bring one by and let you guys decide what you thinik AFTER you drive it.

Is there even a market for that suv? The design reminds me of something that would have been made in the the 50's I can't ever imagine that going into production, let alone someone actually buying one.

Interior is nice......the rest of the car looks like it was designed by the guys that brought the world such wonderful cars like the Pontiac Aztek.

I would be careful what you say about the Aztek's Although Ugly... They (like all cars) still have potential... It is a matter of imagination.

Example: a 700+ HP Aztek....................

2735452243_4e436f5783.jpg

2735452173_19eca41dda.jpg

2735452095_4262db06d3.jpg

2736286422_4d6d3affdb.jpg

2736286354_20accc81a3_o.jpg

I would be careful what you say about the Aztek's Although Ugly... They (like all cars) still have potential... It is a matter of imagination.

Example: a 700+ HP Aztek....................

2735452243_4e436f5783.jpg

2735452173_19eca41dda.jpg

2735452095_4262db06d3.jpg

2736286422_4d6d3affdb.jpg

2736286354_20accc81a3_o.jpg

700hp ugly brick......

I do agree that there may be a market for a lux SUV. But the exterior styling on that spyker is horrid. No flow, ugly...I mean UGLY back end and ugly wheels.

The front does try to stay with the Spyker style.....but IMO, I am sure they could've done a much better job.

Wow, you guys are harsh!!!

Of course there is a market for these cars... remember, people scooped up the Cayenne (at record numbers).

Our China and Middle East regions are booming right now. The markets around the world are doing great for all of the manufacturers.

When the productions version comes out, I'll bring one by and let you guys decide what you thinik AFTER you drive it.

Sorry bud.... that thing is hideous....

I don't see why the Spykers are terrible. I love the C8. Got to drive one around for a good while on some nice roads. The engine is the most amazing facet.

I would prefer it to a Gallardo unless the Gallardo was my only sports car in which case I'd prefer the Gallardo.

That said, it's definitely not a car I'd recommend to most people.

Anyways...the future for Spyker holds automatic transmissions which should increase the appeal to LA housewives.