Braille Battery

Allan-Herbie

Just a quick note to anyone considering a Braille battery.. so far my 11Lb battery has not had any problems inbetween 1 week intervals of driving.. Starts right up... I was worried that after week of non driving and non charging it would go dead, but it hasnt.

you keep it on a trickle charger........right?

I think these batterys are very powerful for the size. Never let me down ( I wimped out and got a more robust model).

Same with me, using the Braille 2015C. However mine will stay alive for 4 days max. So I got to either turn of the batter switch knob in my engine bay or drive it out more often. Nonetheless its a cheap good upgrade. One saves about 24pounds with this switch. My stock battery weighed 17.8kgs and the Braille 2015C 6.8-7kgs.

you keep it on a trickle charger........right?

I think these batterys are very powerful for the size. Never let me down ( I wimped out and got a more robust model).

No i dont.

Ron (dont know his LP sn), Gallardo owner here in Michigan had a braille battery... not sure what size or model#, but ended up getting rid of it... the starts were a little weak at times.

Maybe the climate has something to do with it.. the one time I am thinking of was last fall and it was a little cooler.... his G almost didnt start..

The warmer weather might be a better fit for these..

I bet they will do fine as long as a "Tender" is used on a regular basis.

That is unless you drive it regularly ...

• 4 years later...

I would say that since this thread has been started, the Braille product line has improved quite a bit. They were great to begin with but are even better now. I would have no reservations about installing one of their lightweight batteries in any car that I wanted to save some weight on. They are leaps and bounds better than any other lightweight batteries that I have seen.

Maybe 'ok' if you live in warmer climate... but any application that needs real power to start the engine, I think you are asking for trouble.