2wd is useless

monarchy

as some of you know i have my my driveshaft out converting it to a one piece carbon fiber drive shaft like the new nissan GTR's etc. and i am running the stickiest tires i can for now PScup tires. its wheel spin and i dont mean hopping where your tire does get a bit of grip and cause it to hop, but full blown "the cars not moving" wheel spin in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and i didnt even bother trying WOT on 4th as it would be way too dangerous. but i can tell you this, if you have a tt keep it 4wd. i know wayne and bernard have been running it 2wd for some time, but its not only the fact that its dangerous its that you cant fully appreciate the power of the TT kit.

when i had it non turbo in 2wd it was great except you needed softer springs and slow down the rebound, that i would recommend and loved.

Agree. Some of us have been saying it forever, not sure where this attraction to running high-hp engines through two wheels comes from.

Driving as if there's a fragile egg under the accelerator is as you said, dangerous, and frankly boring due to the constant restraint that's required. One small mistake = OH ****!

I'm not Senna. :lol2:

Didn't Wayne recently announce that he was going to go back to AWD?

Yeah but I think his biggest reason was because he lvoes to let people drive his car and its simply too dangerous to let an inexperienced driver (as well as someone who didnt pay for the car) drive it in just rwd setup.

They can keep the pride..........

I will keep AWD and let em' take a long look at my tail lights :icon_mrgreen:

as some of you know i have my my driveshaft out converting it to a one piece carbon fiber drive shaft like the new nissan GTR's etc. and i am running the stickiest tires i can for now PScup tires. its wheel spin and i dont mean hopping where your tire does get a bit of grip and cause it to hop, but full blown "the cars not moving" wheel spin in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and i didnt even bother trying WOT on 4th as it would be way too dangerous. but i can tell you this, if you have a tt keep it 4wd. i know wayne and bernard have been running it 2wd for some time, but its not only the fact that its dangerous its that you cant fully appreciate the power of the TT kit.

when i had it non turbo in 2wd it was great except you needed softer springs and slow down the rebound, that i would recommend and loved.

For what its worth, while you are waiting for your drive shaft turn down the boost a bit. You won't have any problems at around 700rwhp, provided you don't track the car on a road course. I noticed a huge difference in traction(the absence of it!!) after Jason turned up the boost in my car to 750rwhp.

btw, I ended my fling with RWD this week. It was fun while it lasted, but I want to track the car and AWD is the way to go. :icon_thumleft:

For what its worth, while you are waiting for your drive shaft turn down the boost a bit. You won't have any problems at around 700rwhp, provided you don't track the car on a road course. I noticed a huge difference in traction(the absence of it!!) after Jason turned up the boost in my car to 750rwhp.

btw, I ended my fling with AWD this week. It was fun while it lasted, but I want to track the car and AWD is the way to go. :icon_thumleft:

shit, you know me, the car is a template for the new kits im working on. its on the lift again being molded to a new look. the lp-560 bumper is done next week, but the new kit, well hell lets just say its purty.

I wonder how much gearing plays into wheelspin. I have zero problems with wheelspin, and Ripper says he has no problems with wheelspin running race gas.

shit, you know me, the car is a template for the new kits im working on. its on the lift again being molded to a new look. the lp-560 bumper is done next week, but the new kit, well hell lets just say its purty.

Yeah, you don't ever quit!! I can't wait to see it.

Be sure and tell me when I can expect #2?????????????

TIA

I wonder how much gearing plays into wheelspin. I have zero problems with wheelspin, and Ripper says he has no problems with wheelspin running race gas.

seems to me its playing a huge difference, compared to the post im hearing from all you other guys. but considering the fact that you guys have a bit more HP it should wash that theory out.

Hey Underground..."Home of the fastest 6 speed 1/4 GALLARDO 10.2 @ 155"Can you get that dialed in to beat this swiss cheese 997 which is running 9.80? You are so close and it would be nice to have bragging rights for us G owners!

Hey Underground..."Home of the fastest 6 speed 1/4 GALLARDO 10.2 @ 155"Can you get that dialed in to beat this swiss cheese 997 which is running 9.80? You are so close and it would be nice to have bragging rights for us G owners!

Is that a 6 speed? Nice run!

WE will be back out there in a few weeks. We will be on Invo's next time so we will see what it does!

Is that a 6 speed? Nice run!

WE will be back out there in a few weeks. We will be on Invo's next time so we will see what it does!

Cannot wait to see that !!

Gonna have to fly up and check all this awesome stuff out for myself !!!

:icon_super:

Should be do-able. If we cut the same 60ft. time as the 997 (which happened on some passes), that 10.2 pass would have been a 9.9 and that's with those Continentals. That 10.2 pass was with almost a 1.9 60ft! That's easily beatable. Nittos will help alot.

P.S. Let me know when you wanna head that way Ripper, I'd love to meet you.