MANG

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

sorry I should have posted these about a month ago.

This Gt4 was amazing, he was running Avon racing tires good god were they wide and damn did it sound mean!

post-8211-1252460062_thumb.jpg

post-8211-1252460099_thumb.jpg

post-8211-1252460144_thumb.jpg

post-8211-1252460194_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

teaser shot...mounted up now with Dunlop Vintage Racing tyres....not sure if I am going to have time to switch out wheels, might have to wait till spring. Opinions of the 'gold'? I included a shot of the interior and why I went with gold vs. silver.

post-9329-1254976207_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1254976406_thumb.jpg

Jay, Great colour. happy to hear you found a set of wheels. So how many do you have now?

Denis

Denis, it's Mike (Jay?), unless you were referring to another post? Anyway, I ended up with six wheels (the extra is a rare rear). It is NOT refinished like the other five and is available $ if anyone is searching.

I love the gold wheels!! What sizes are the tires? Post pics of them. Where did you buy them, and at what price?

If I can have a saying, change the wheels NOW, and post pics in 5 min max!!

I love the gold wheels!! What sizes are the tires? Post pics of them. Where did you buy them, and at what price?

If I can have a saying, change the wheels NOW, and post pics in 5 min max!!

I am DYING to see the result myself, but patience....patience :D

the tires were purchased and set up at Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley, CA. He is one of the few with the vintage tire selection here in the states and was only a 3 hour drive for me. They were VERY expensive, but nothing but the best for this beast :)

Thanks for the feedback on the gold....they are definitely a 'controversial' color choice as most people suggested staying 'original' and going silver = ORIGINAL = HA, my car epitomizes 'modified'! The gold is strong and POPS! I recall it's name as 'Dupont Sungold'..I have records :D photos will come one day.....

Remember seing a pic of dark blue Mangusta in a book a while back, with gold wheels. That one looked just as good as a red one I have seen a photo of here or at the Pantera forum. Not the style today, but so right for show of back in the days. Was considering painting my Pantera black, and heve the wheels in gold, but that did'nt happen. As for my dream Countach, a black one with gold bravo.

I for one do not think you can go wrong tith those wheels. Can't wait to see it finished. As for the cost. I am looking for period wheels for my car too, so if you dont mind, could you PM me where to get them (web-adress), and a hint on price?

AND, I too have got me something new to put on the car during the cold season;)

Hey Mike happy to see you have logged some driving time behind the wheel of the Mangusta. I have over 2500 km (1550 miles) logged since April 30th. The car is a blast, fun to drive and draws a ton of attention. The mantenance and repairs have been minimal and done by myself; Fuel pump, battery, new valve covers and clutch.

Denis

RB303_437.jpg

Hey Mike happy to see you have logged some driving time behind the wheel of the Mangusta. I have over 2500 km (1550 miles) logged since April 30th. The car is a blast, fun to drive and draws a ton of attention. The mantenance and repairs have been minimal and done by myself; Fuel pump, battery, new valve covers and clutch.

Denis

Your car is stunning. I blew that photo up - twice and took a GOOD look at it. I have ALWAYS been in awe of Mangusta! And that silver/chrome "orb" in the background...did you see the old Woody Allen movie, I believe it was "Sleeper"?, where he was faking like he was a robot and he kept handling a chrome 'orb' that looked just like that, only smaller :D

turns out it gets anyone who handled it "high", lol!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

teaser update....5 (2 fat rears, 2 slightly smaller fronts, 1 skinny 'spare') all ready for sping mount up :icon_super:

post-9329-1267220612_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1267220638_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1267220657_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1267220681_thumb.jpg

moar....

and please will some other DeTomaso enthusiasts post up some more HOT photos of Goose's and Cat's! This thread ROCKS and needs more badass cars/photos :headbang:

post-9329-1267382554_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1267382580_thumb.jpg

And the Oscar, for the best stance goes too:

Damn!

these group 4 cars (or lookalike) are soooo nice and agressive

We started a new De Tomaso club here in Norway two weeks ago. Here is a few members cars:

Do note that the yellow car is out in the forrest on a fishingtrip:)

2.jpg

DSC_1950.jpg

jco5.gif

jco10.gif

ketil_haugjord.jpg

pantera.jpg