SE30 #24 for sale

cowchaser

thats a well konwn SE...

k196$ will get him to a new home...

Seems like a fair price... the Miura SV further down the page is a beautie as well !! But probably at a different price ;)

Seems like a fair price... the Miura SV further down the page is a beautie as well !! But probably at a different price ;)

actually i was surprised when informed of the price in a positive way...

I do agree that particular Miura is stunning :eek3dance:

beautiful! what are the specs on these how are they different from that of the "normal" diablos?

120 Kgs less, RWD and some hp more (claimed 30, likely less)

HOT cars imo

Nice car. It is in a good condition from what I have heard.

There are a couple of US SE for sale right now:

008, 16365 miles, 210K $

015, 1250 miles, 299K $

024, 1365 miles, 210K $

027, 22400 miles, 199K $

024 seems like a good deal

Nice car. It is in a good condition from what I have heard.

There are a couple of US SE for sale right now:

008, 16365 miles, 210K $

015, 1250 miles, 299K $

024, 1365 miles, 210K $

027, 22400 miles, 199K $

024 seems like a good deal

Pretty good deal for #024 but pity they are all left hand drive.

beautiful! what are the specs on these how are they different from that of the "normal" diablos?

Extremely different. Every bit of fat has been stripped out.... actual weights varying from just under 3200 (with US exhaust replaced with aftermarket) to 3300 (I haven't scaled mine yet). Early 2wd Diablos, 3550lbs or so, later VT's 3700 or so. Roadsters.... 3900 lbs.

Engine is a 91-93 Diablo block, pistons cranks & flywheel are lightweight version (compression is same as normal Diablo). Valves are larger and are titanium. Upper engine bits (intake plenum, cam covers) are magnesium. My engine builder (who went through mine pretty thoroughly) guestimates high 500's at the crank. All of it is in the last 2000 rpm, so you have to wind it up to get the juice.

Long list of other little differences, mostly in the weight saving department. Brakes are decent... much better than standard older Diablo, but not as powerful as later Brembo version (though you have less mass to stop). Cockpit adjustable rear sway bar and traction control for different driving conditions.

Car is lightning fast, and very long-legged. Acceleration pretty much the same at 140 as at 80... builds speed terrifyingly fast. Feels very light and nimble.

Extremely different. Every bit of fat has been stripped out.... actual weights varying from just under 3200 (with US exhaust replaced with aftermarket) to 3300 (I haven't scaled mine yet). Early 2wd Diablos, 3550lbs or so, later VT's 3700 or so. Roadsters.... 3900 lbs.

Engine is a 91-93 Diablo block, pistons cranks & flywheel are lightweight version (compression is same as normal Diablo). Valves are larger and are titanium. Upper engine bits (intake plenum, cam covers) are magnesium. My engine builder (who went through mine pretty thoroughly) guestimates high 500's at the crank. All of it is in the last 2000 rpm, so you have to wind it up to get the juice.

Long list of other little differences, mostly in the weight saving department. Brakes are decent... much better than standard older Diablo, but not as powerful as later Brembo version (though you have less mass to stop). Cockpit adjustable rear sway bar and traction control for different driving conditions.

Car is lightning fast, and very long-legged. Acceleration pretty much the same at 140 as at 80... builds speed terrifyingly fast. Feels very light and nimble.

Thanks for the input and nice avatar you got there

Just looking at your avatar, yours isnt by any chance the SE30 with the dolphins painted on it is it?

Just looking at your avatar, yours isnt by any chance the SE30 with the dolphins painted on it is it?

Hahaha !! yes - good guess ! I don't know who came up with that, it just showed up on my posts one day (pretty hilarious, if you know about the Diablo) - I've never uploaded an avatar. The car is my old Countach, taken from a photo I posted. One of these days soon, we'll have the paint done on the Diablo so it's back to it's plain purple, but I wanted the mechanicals done first so the dolphins are still there for the moment.

HAHA...what a guess. I saw the car in a picture from the italian show up in Columbus Ohio and figured the dolphins in your avatar looked just like that! No need to lie, nothing wrong with a dolphin fetish! Just Kidding! :lol: You'll have to post some pics up when you have the car all completed to your liking!

I've seen that Dolphin SE30. I would rather it the way it walked out of the factory, still a beauty though

I've seen that Dolphin SE30. I would rather it the way it walked out of the factory, still a beauty though

Don't worry - it'll be that way again one day soon.

Do you have ATE or Brembo calipers?

Do you have ATE or Brembo calipers?

They're ATE, same size as original Diablo (older, but with larger pistons, and different pad compounds - I think). Placid's Jota has the brake set up from the McLaren F1, which are also brembo calipers..... I'm very curious about that setup. I was thinking about just putting the Brembo setup from later Diablos on, but if you're going to bother changing you might as well explore all the options.

There's a lot less mass to stop on an SE than other Diablos, so I'm not sure that not having the later set up hurts it as much comparitively as one might think.... but the one time I drove an SV I could tell immediately that the brakes had more bite.

Go Mifune should be honored for taking care of Flipper and his buddies. Can't wait to see the car repainted!

• 2 weeks later...