I heard a rumor

Allan-Herbie

I do not know ALL the specifics. But the car is back at UGR.

If you don't know ALL the specifics, then what specifics DO you know? You owe it to the board now!

I never thought redemption would come so soon!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't know ALL the specifics, then what specifics DO you know? You owe it to the board now!

I never thought redemption would come so soon!!!

I know enough.... but posting what I know could reveal my source, so I wont. Appart from that.......Stare into the picture and you shall see

explosion_slice_26.gif

If that's the quid pro quo for this board... then I know something about a high end heffner build.

Fence + viper + what, your insurance won't cover the 6 figure bill? = heffner backstroke

Let's not start another war here. I was hoping those days were over. I'd like to keep this strictly about Allan's post if we could.

If that's the quid pro quo for this board... then I know something about a high end heffner build.

Fence + viper + what, your insurance won't cover the 6 figure bill? = heffner backstroke

Completely out of context and nothing to do with a tuners BUILD. Hasta Lavista

well, they have 59lb injectors, you could turn the boost up pretty high. that is the most catisptrophic problem a tt company can have. its unfortunate, but then hopefully they can all help us out by letting us know the problem whether its the amount of boost these engines can take. this is why you take baby steps on power increase to make sure your car is reliable. wow that sucks.

well, they have 59lb injectors, you could turn the boost up pretty high.

Well, dayum, on a V-10 that's 590 pounds worth of fuel injectors! I'm sure I can design a single injector that weighs a fraction of that...say a few ounces per if rendered in CF and Ti. I sense a huge money making opportunity here.

I know enough.... but posting what I know could reveal my source, so I wont. Appart from that.......Stare into the picture and you shall see

I stared and I stared and I stared, but I saw nothing.

Then I blinked, and I blinked, and I blinked rapidly and enjoyed the light burst.

Then I noticed that it is the top view of a lotus in full bloom with immense light radiating in all directions as it does.

Very Enlightening !!!

Thank You So Much for the Revelation.

Really guys, look at the pix again. Amazing!

Did you really go from an engine failure due to tuning, to talking about putting a viper through a fence?! If thats not a stretch then i dont know what is!

Well, dayum, on a V-10 that's 590 pounds worth of fuel injectors! I'm sure I can design a single injector that weighs a fraction of that...say a few ounces per if rendered in CF and Ti. I sense a huge money making opportunity here.

:lol2:

Talk about taking things WAY out of context once AGAIN like you did with the entrie 996 TT vs. Viper deal. Keep it up, you are making a good name for yourself around here.. :icon_butt:

Regarding the mishap, it really is too bad and I feel sorry mostly for the owner of the car. The way I see it is that if UGR takes care of the problem, then all is well. If not.....

Talk about taking things WAY out of context once AGAIN like you did with the entrie 996 TT vs. Viper deal. Keep it up, you are making a good name for yourself around here.. :icon_butt:

Ouch! :tyson:

:lol2:

:lol2: :lol2:

I had to read that a few times.

Allan, Allan,

I find this thread so ironic it's not even funny. After you read this, you'll know why. What's sad is that you were saying how UR is not a good match for this site because of their so-called "sleaziness" and "look what they've done here", "we won't have this here", "we stamp these kind of people out", bla, bla, bla. Then AFTER you, and others, told them to take a hike, thinking you were "cleaning it up"...nothing has changed here.....NOTHING! That should tell the members here that the root of the problem is a little closer to home.

Before this gets way out of hand and starts to spread on other forums and in the minds of people, let's get the facts out.

The only thing that you could have possibly heard from anyone about a "problem" at UR w/ a Gallardo is the fact that... YES, Underground has removed an engine from a TT Gallardo and YES, it is getting rebuilt. What your "source" failed to pass along is that it's Ripper's engine... which Underground did not build. Kevin and myself, and a few others, have known about this for a couple weeks. We knew about this during the height of the "bashing" comments made about me and UR, we knew about it while everyone was on the "let's ban all of them (UR and supporters)" comments. We knew about it while others were saying all they (UR) want to do is smear Heffner's name. Don't you think if those accusations were true, that Kevin or myself would have used this information to take a great shot at a competitor? While I'm taking a beating on here for being a "liar", I never brought this up. Jason Heffner and myself talked, we both wanted to see peace on the site, and that was that.

Now before all of you start w/ your normal mud-slinging, let me say the facts about this engine rebuild, as I know them, so as not to be accused of making something out of nothing. Underground has been in the process of re-doing Jerry's car. We all know that. Obviously, before they start putting their components on the car, they wanted to check the engine out to make sure everything was up to par, especially since they don't want to get into a "that's not my fault" kind of thing if warranty work needs done. If they confirm the engine work is good, they can more easily stand behind it. They did a leak down test on the engine. They weren't quite happy w/ the results as some of the cylinders had a 30% leak down on them. They decided to pull the engine and send it to their machine shop. There was no catastrophic failure, but the engine shop did find rust on top of most of the cylinders from a slight water leakage. They also found that most of the steel liners had sunk somewhat. In addition to these things, they found taper in the cylinders (the way it was honed), meaning they were bigger at the bottom than the top. By the time is was machined to make them true, the pistons that came out would no longer work, so larger pistons had to go in. They are being replaced with the Underground Racing Version of a stronger designed CP piston and stronger .180+ wall wrist pin. I know all this to be true as I commute to Underground fairly regularly for various reasons and I go to the machine shop from time to time.

Again, this information could have been shared well over a week ago.....but why? This should help answer a lot of questions about the integrity of UR and myself. The only reason, as this case is a prime example, that anything negative is said about a competitor is that someone on here has made some accusation that can't be backed up. I have learned to be more prudent w/ my post and threads, but this could not be overlooked. Sorry Jason, but you can thank Allan now for this becoming public. THE ONLY REASON I AM HAVING TO INFORM PEOPLE OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF ALLAN'S STUPID THREAD!!

So now when you all see that "explosion" in Allan's post that he wants people to stare at, you'll realize that it's this thread exploding in his face!

Why is it no one can ever understand that the problem with UGR was not its product? The problem was as soon as they arrived, all their people started coming over and just making worthless posts talking shit when all anyone on this side did was ask if the cars would last. It was never about the product, it was about character!! Jesus......just fcuking drop the character debates already. I like reading about the ups and downs of turboing a fcuking lamborghini. I could give a fcuk about the following behind it. If people like it, i want to hear, if people have issues, I want to read. If a bunch of cock bags suddenly come from viper alley to here to make a bunch of worthless fcuking posts, I dont want to read it. But for fucks sake, can we drop the god damn character debate!!!

Allan, Allan,

I find this thread so ironic it's not even funny. After you read this, you'll know why. What's sad is that you were saying how UR is not a good match for this site because of their so-called "sleaziness" and "look what they've done here", "we won't have this here", "we stamp these kind of people out", bla, bla, bla. Then AFTER you, and others, told them to take a hike, thinking you were "cleaning it up"...nothing has changed here.....NOTHING! That should tell the members here that the root of the problem is a little closer to home.

Before this gets way out of hand and starts to spread on other forums and in the minds of people, let's get the facts out.

The only thing that you could have possibly heard from anyone about a "problem" at UR w/ a Gallardo is the fact that... YES, Underground has removed an engine from a TT Gallardo and YES, it is getting rebuilt. What your "source" failed to pass along is that it's Ripper's engine... which Underground did not build. Kevin and myself, and a few others, have known about this for a couple weeks. We knew about this during the height of the "bashing" comments made about me and UR, we knew about it while everyone was on the "let's ban all of them (UR and supporters)" comments. We knew about it while others were saying all they (UR) want to do is smear Heffner's name. Don't you think if those accusations were true, that Kevin or myself would have used this information to take a great shot at a competitor? While I'm taking a beating on here for being a "liar", I never brought this up. Jason Heffner and myself talked, we both wanted to see peace on the site, and that was that.

Now before all of you start w/ your normal mud-slinging, let me say the facts about this engine rebuild, as I know them, so as not to be accused of making something out of nothing. Underground has been in the process of re-doing Jerry's car. We all know that. Obviously, before they start putting their components on the car, they wanted to check the engine out to make sure everything was up to par, especially since they don't want to get into a "that's not my fault" kind of thing if warranty work needs done. If they confirm the engine work is good, they can more easily stand behind it. They did a leak down test on the engine. They weren't quite happy w/ the results as some of the cylinders had a 30% leak down on them. They decided to pull the engine and send it to their machine shop. There was no catastrophic failure, but the engine shop did find rust on top of most of the cylinders from a slight water leakage. They also found that most of the steel liners had sunk somewhat. In addition to these things, they found taper in the cylinders (the way it was honed), meaning they were bigger at the bottom than the top. By the time is was machined to make them true, the pistons that came out would no longer work, so larger pistons had to go in. They are being replaced with the Underground Racing Version of a stronger designed CP piston and stronger .180+ wall wrist pin. I know all this to be true as I commute to Underground fairly regularly for various reasons and I go to the machine shop from time to time.

Again, this information could have been shared well over a week ago.....but why? This should help answer a lot of questions about the integrity of UR and myself. The only reason, as this case is a prime example, that anything negative is said about a competitor is that someone on here has made some accusation that can't be backed up. I have learned to be more prudent w/ my post and threads, but this could not be overlooked. Sorry Jason, but you can thank Allan now for this becoming public. THE ONLY REASON I AM HAVING TO INFORM PEOPLE OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF ALLAN'S STUPID THREAD!!

So now when you all see that "explosion" in Allan's post that he wants people to stare at, you'll realize that it's this thread exploding in his face!

Nope. Sorry, after reading your book it is 100% NOT Rippers car. :icon_thumleft:

Nope. Sorry, after reading your book it is 100% NOT Rippers car. :icon_thumleft:

You could have avoided that. I asked you to post what you were trying to say and you said..."I did". Obviously you did not then. If you're not referring to Ripper's car, then what the hell are you referring to? Just keep digging yourself a hole Allan.

You could have avoided that. I asked you to post what you were trying to say and you said..."I did". Obviously you did not then. If you're not referring to Ripper's car, then what the hell are you referring to? Just keep digging yourself a hole Allan.

No hole for me! Seems you are the last of the UGR avengers......

If UGR is standing behind their work and fixing the problem, what is the issue? I think Jason said it well...

If UGR is standing behind their work and fixing the problem, what is the issue? I think Jason said it well...

There is NO issue of and kind with ANY Gallardo that we have built. This is a 100% LIE that "Allans Lambo" is spreading.

There is NO issue of and kind with ANY Gallardo that we have built. This is a 100% LIE that "Allans Lambo" is spreading.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

To put things somewhat into perspective and to give an idea of what some of us have to go through to get new products to work.

I went through 6 belts, pulled off the supercharger system at least 12 times, tried 30 + different pullleys, custom made one thing after another, went through 4 power steering couplings, just last week i pulled the discharge tubes off again and had to custom make some clamps to increase the load holding the discharge tubes to the supercharger, under full boost they would "lift" off of the supercharger and cause boost leaks, you couldn't hear it or see it, but just one of those problems that arrises after going through such a large project. Making this one change dropped the 60-130 times to 7.4, that's 0.2 secs faster than before, not a great deal, but that's one car length.

If only we were privvy to some of the engine failures that Lamborghini went through before the cars release, now that would be some good reading.

oh no, there all coming out of the wood work now....

here we go..............................................................................

.................................................................................