I heard a rumor

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd check 6 speed and see if anything is posted over there. oh wait, they banned me for this...

Oh no, trust me, this info has not been posted over the internet.

Oh dear,

If true, That's very sad news indeed. Looks like we may now know the design limits of the Gallardo engine. Hopefully the guys @ UGR will post up shortly or maybe the owner can shed some light on what the problem is?

Anyone that has been in this industry for any number of years has undoubtedly experienced a problem here and there. I wouldn't fault anyone for having an issue as long as they do what it takes to make it right, as I'm sure they did. As much as I hate to say it, we experienced an engine related issue with a recent build. What matters is how it is handled and that the appropraite measures are taken to ensure that your customer is ultimately satisfied and that doesn't happen often.

I read this to imply that a UGR's Gallardo engine has suffered a catastrophy. Is this true, if so, what was the cause of the problem?

Anyone that has been in this industry for any number of years has undoubtedly experienced a problem here and there. I wouldn't fault anyone for having an issue as long as they do what it takes to make it right, as I'm sure they did. As much as I hate to say it, we experienced an engine related issue with a recent build. What matters is how it is handled and that the appropraite measures are taken to ensure that your customer is ultimately satisfied and that doesn't happen often.

We heard you taking care of the problem Jason, Hope he will be on the road soon enough, That F@#%r is a Monster in the streets i was scared to be in front of him :icon_mrgreen: , You do a Great Job. :icon_thumleft:

That's a classy post from you, Mr. Heffner. Kudos.

One of the things that I had problems with UGR posting, was a 100% satisfaction rate. There is always that one person that makes that 100% unattainable.

:icon_thumleft: Jason, any good consumer knows that you should judge the seller by how he handles sour situations and problems. If he stands by his product AND by his customer, then you know you can trust him.

That's how you build relationships and trust. I'm glad to see you subscribe to this philosophy as well.

I hope the UGR guys print this out, frame it, and stick it on their wall.

This is the *correct* way to speak about your competitors.

This says to the customer that you are a classy shop who has nothing to fear from your competition. It exudes confidence and shows respect. It makes people want to do business with you.

I hope the nutswingers read it too and take it to heart. Note that there aren't eight hundred Heffner nutswingers having a good ol' time laughing about this and taking shots at UGR over this. If it was the other way around, the munchkin brigade would have been out in full force.

Is this true, if so, what was the cause of the problem?

Generally, anytime an engine lets go it's due to the tune and conditions. Could be pushing the limits and some undetectable detonation finally took it's tole, too much power popped the head gaskets, too cool outside and dense air made it pop, who knows.... and who cares?

The cars as advertised have a 2 yr warranty so i'm sure it will be fixed.

I hate to break it to you guys, but EVERY tuner that even remotely pushed the limits pops a motor from time to time. That included underground, heffner, protomotive, lingenfelter, hennecunt, john force racing, mclaren, ferrari, etc. When you're trying to push the limit sometimes you find the "fuse" and shit breaks, that's the only way you find what needs to be upgraded.

How many motors do you think AMG blew up on a dyno doing various tests so they could find their safety factor?

Bottom line, if you push it, you WILL blow one up at one time or another, and many times by no fault of any single person. In the case of these two gallardo tuners, I would say most of the power difference is due to pushing the limits in the tune. It doesn't take big balls to keep it safe and go slow. But you need to have a pair to push the limits and occasionally tap dance over the line. You fix the problem and move on.

I'm glad someone has the balls to push it, holding back to retain a perfect track record just shows you have no drive to push it to the next level.

Did Flipper accidentally put diesel in his car this time??? :icon_mrgreen:

UGR has much to learn, but an engine failure happens to the best of them as Jason's classy post shows.

Hey if you're not blowing up engines you're not pushing hard enough! :icon_super:

Good post Jason.

Where is this info coming from Allan, and who's car is it? I wonder who's gonna break this news to Kevin at UR? In fairness to Kevin, I think he needs to know, don't you?

Funny.... UGR gets banned or whatever for their conduct, but here you have a thread started to basically do the same thing they were banned for. I know nothing about UGR, and frankly dont care, but the same rules need to apply for all here. As you will see I rarely post, but why is one guy allowed to get away with all the stuff others get banned for? Moderators need to set an example.

Before this gets out of hand....

NOBODY has said WHAT is wrong with ANYTHING. Right now, its pure SPECULATION. I point this out as victim of some ferrarichat lynchings not wanting to see it to anyone no matter what. Be very cautious and very respectful until the facts are learned.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program.....

Good post Jason.

Where is this info coming from Allan, and who's car is it? I wonder who's gonna break this news to Kevin at UR? In fairness to Kevin, I think he needs to know, don't you?

Oh trust me... HE KNOWS.. Car is BACK at UGR.

Funny.... UGR gets banned or whatever for their conduct, but here you have a thread started to basically do the same thing they were banned for. I know nothing about UGR, and frankly dont care, but the same rules need to apply for all here. As you will see I rarely post, but why is one guy allowed to get away with all the stuff others get banned for? Moderators need to set an example.

This is NOTHING like what UGR got banned for. This is merely a passing of knowledge.

So is this a blown turbo, or v-10 reduced to bite-sized bits sitting in a bucket?

I do not know ALL the specifics. But the car is back at UGR.