Murci Ownership costs

Assman

Ok, so now I'm convinced. I want a Murci. You guys like D. Wiggs, beachbummed, JeffSD, etc. have me convinced. With clean 03's available at 130's k it's a no brainer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so now I'm convinced. I want a Murci. You guys like D. Wiggs, beachbummed, JeffSD, etc. have me convinced. With clean 03's available at 130's k it's a no brainer.

You damn right! :)

I have even been thinking about snatching one up for Emily because they are so cheap.

I've been watching the market too, though I'll add that cars in the $130K are those with higher mileage (12K+) and less desireable Titanium color (Grigo Anteras?).

Has anyone seen anything else?

I've been watching the market too, though I'll add that cars in the $130K are those with higher mileage (12K+) and less desireable Titanium color (Grigo Anteras?).

Has anyone seen anything else?

I'd be worried about an 03 with too few miles. There is a nice looking yellow 03 on eBay (former loc car) for 138.

I'd be worried about an 03 with too few miles. There is a nice looking yellow 03 on eBay (former loc car) for 138.

There's a few more cars with under 10K miles but they're fetching $150K on avg. They're all around 5K miles or so. don't think there is anything to worry about if the car checks out. Anyone else want to comment on that?

I've seen the LOC car that you're talking about on Ebay though at this point, with all the clout surrounding the issue I think it's better to just avoid the headache.

Plenty of the Titanium color in the $130K range though if that fits your tastes.

There's a few more cars with under 10K miles but they're fetching $150K on avg. They're all around 5K miles or so. don't think there is anything to worry about if the car checks out. Anyone else want to comment on that?

I've seen the LOC car that you're talking about on Ebay though at this point, with all the clout surrounding the issue I think it's better to just avoid the headache.

Plenty of the Titanium color in the $130K range though if that fits your tastes.

A friend of mine just picked up a NICE black/black 02 with 2k miles in the 130's, so they are out there.

My friend had his Egear give out two times, expensive to fix. He never CarFax the car before he bought it, when he did the car was used as a rental. He didnt use the authorized Lambo Mech but he found a shop in the city the specialize in Italian cars which was alot cheaper to fix the Egear

Up til now I was really certain on pulling the trigger on a "G" but these prices almost make it too hard to turn away from a Murcie. Even tho I'll still have an SUV I felt as though I could use the "G" as a daily because of how reliable and "practical" it was. Are there any higher mileage Murcie's out there I'd like to hear from some of those guys. How practical would it be to use a Murcie as a "DD"? I can care less about depreciation but just wondering how a Murcie would hold up under 10k miles/yr IF I wanted to.

Up til now I was really certain on pulling the trigger on a "G" but these prices almost make it too hard to turn away from a Murcie. Even tho I'll still have an SUV I felt as though I could use the "G" as a daily because of how reliable and "practical" it was. Are there any higher mileage Murcie's out there I'd like to hear from some of those guys. How practical would it be to use a Murcie as a "DD"? I can care less about depreciation but just wondering how a Murcie would hold up under 10k miles/yr IF I wanted to.

I guarantee that the more often you drove it the less problems you would have. I DD mine to school in the non-frozen weather and drive it everywhere. I just don't feel like waiting the longer times to warm it up when it's cold out.

I guarantee that the more often you drove it the less problems you would have. I DD mine to school in the non-frozen weather and drive it everywhere. I just don't feel like waiting the longer times to warm it up when it's cold out.

Looks like I am now shoping for an "M". :headbang: Might you know of any higher mileage M's for sale?

Looks like I am now shoping for an "M". :headbang: Might you know of any higher mileage M's for sale?

There's a few around on eBay, dupont, and autotrader. Bonedoc just put up his yellow as a trade vehicle in classifieds. Maybe he'd sell though?

I thnk they hold up just fine with 10K miles a year. That is about what I've put on each of the last 2 I've had. I had an '02 which I purchased with about 16K miles and put on 10K miles in less than a year. I sold it and purchased an '03 which had 6400 miles on it a year ago January. That car now has 15K miles on it and is at the dealer for the 15K service.

What do you consider to be high miles? I would DD it if I could, but driving a Murci to court wouldn't look so good...

I thnk they hold up just fine with 10K miles a year. That is about what I've put on each of the last 2 I've had. I had an '02 which I purchased with about 16K miles and put on 10K miles in less than a year. I sold it and purchased an '03 which had 6400 miles on it a year ago January. That car now has 15K miles on it and is at the dealer for the 15K service.

What do you consider to be high miles? I would DD it if I could, but driving a Murci to court wouldn't look so good...

Yea it would!

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky for me the titanium and the teal blue anniversary cars are my favorites.

I had forgotten about this thread. I had been really interested in an early model diablo but with prices on Gallardos and Murcies now, and the better reliability, i'm definitely having second thoughts.

Yup....the more the cars are driven the better they get. I've driven over 16k miles on my Murcie in about 2 years and the car runs stronger ever day. One of my very good friends has an 03 Murcie and got 35k miles on his first clutch before replacing it. Both our cars have manual transmissions, so I can't speak to the e-gears….as I much prefer manual transmissions from a driving experience stand point.

Over all the car has been incredibly reliable, a few minor issues like an occasional sensor light, but nothing major. Just be sure to change all the fluids every 2k or so miles and drive it with respect and you should have a very positive experience.

Also, I highly recommend a killer exhaust like the MS Racing Stage II system...my freaking car sounds like a formula one!!

Bottom line; Murcie’s are one of the best buys on the exotic car market today. They’re drop dead gorgeous, dirty rotten mean and nasty :)

• 2 months later...
How in the world can you guys have these cars sitting in your garages and not drive them?

Excellent question!!!!

Biggest problem I can see owning the Murci is being vaulted to instant rock star status .

The Ferraris never got this much action , the Countaches got mega attention but I was 25 then and on the circuit so to speak so it was cool .

My wife hates being seen in it and says it brings too much attention , my response

" stay home "

Biggest problem I can see owning the Murci is being vaulted to instant rock star status .

The Ferraris never got this much action , the Countaches got mega attention but I was 25 then and on the circuit so to speak so it was cool .

My wife hates being seen in it and says it brings too much attention , my response

" stay home "

I don't care what others think. If I did, I don't think I'd make much of a success in life. I drive what I drive because it's fun. If someone has a problem with me in my Lamborghini, I don't even care as they have nothing to do with my life and I just keep having fun. I don't care about the single car parade I sometimes create as it's really nothing. Instead, I just drive ahead and look for the next road adventure. It's all fun.

I don't care what others think. If I did, I don't think I'd make much of a success in life. I drive what I drive because it's fun. If someone has a problem with me in my Lamborghini, I don't even care as they have nothing to do with my life and I just keep having fun. I don't care about the single car parade I sometimes create as it's really nothing. Instead, I just drive ahead and look for the next road adventure. It's all fun.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_super: