My SLR makes news on Renntech's Website

VBUGKING

Btw, where is their official blog?

Aaron

ok i guess i was wrong. that is their official blog. just found it very weird they used blogspot.com instead of having their own blog on their webhost.

You definitely have the speed bug!!!

Great job! Why do I feel like you aren't completely finished with this car? :icon_super:

Aaron, that is awesome. How does it compare Vbox numbers wise to Allan's SLR?

Aaron, that is awesome. How does it compare Vbox numbers wise to Allan's SLR?

I believe in stock form Aarons mph in the 1/4 was virtually identical to mine... 129mph.

so did having wider tires not help with grip on your SLR Allan?

I never ran my car in the 1/4 on the wider tires. I ran 128.7 on stock tires.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I havent gotten the car back yet to do any Vbox runs. Hopefully this week. My SLR was weighed today with no driver and 1/4 tank of gas. Weight was 3705 pounds, less than I thought it would be.

Aaron

Thanks for the compliments guys. I havent gotten the car back yet to do any Vbox runs. Hopefully this week. My SLR was weighed today with no driver and 1/4 tank of gas. Weight was 3705 pounds, less than I thought it would be.

Aaron

Nice!300lbs less than a Murci.

Just found out transport is leaving now to come my way, so I should get the car in the morning, hurray!

Aaron

Nice. Cant wait for the results!

Keep us updated Aaron. Those are very strong numbers for a perfectly streetable and comfortable car.

Got the car back today, and took it for a nice drive. I really missed this car, it handles like a dream. I could definitely feel the extra power, and the power delivery was smooth and linear just like stock. It was 25 degrees outside, the tires were easily shredded in the first couple of gears. I will try to get some 60-130mph Vbox times this week if the weather cooperates. It is just nice to have the beast back.

Aaron

Got the car back today, and took it for a nice drive. I really missed this car, it handles like a dream. I could definitely feel the extra power, and the power delivery was smooth and linear just like stock. It was 25 degrees outside, the tires were easily shredded in the first couple of gears. I will try to get some 60-130mph Vbox times this week if the weather cooperates. It is just nice to have the beast back.

Aaron

Thats true. after the mods the car still drove like stock, super smooth, just the supercharger whine is louder.

good to hear the car is back!

will you be taking to to the track again too? or will you just stick with the Vbox results (they seemed close enough to the track's results)?

The drag strip is closed until spring, and its about 100 miles away. It's not too likely that I will take another car to the drag strip unless its a track rental.

Aaron