Renntech SLR Vbox Results

VBUGKING

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have an SL65 as well, do you have numbers to compare it with the SLR?

SLR stock is faster than Renntech Sl65.

Good for you!

What is your problem? I simply asked about his Renntech SL65 and you came in talking about how an stock SLR is faster.

What is your problem? I simply asked about his Renntech SL65 and you came in talking about how an stock SLR is faster.

No problem... you asked if there were numbers comparing the 2... I simply answered your question...

You asked the exact question he answered. The only thing I'd think that's left to say is "Thank you".

No problem... you asked if there were numbers comparing the 2... I simply answered your question...

My question was NOT whether the SL65 was faster than an SLR. My question was (being a fellow Renntech SL owner), did he have numbers that I could make a comparison with. Please show me where I insinuated the possibility of asking such a question.

You asked the exact question he answered. The only thing I'd think that's left to say is "Thank you".

Read above. Using your logic, if someone owned a Veyron and a honda civic and then VBOX''d both cars and then I asked for numbers to compare the times, that would be me asking which is faster?

My question was NOT whether the SL65 was faster than an SLR. My question was (being a fellow Renntech SL owner), did he have numbers that I could make a comparison with. Please show me where I insinuated the possibility of asking such a question.

You seem to be a touch sensitive....

You seem to be a touch sensitive....

Please tell me you are joking... You randomly tell me that an SLR is faster than a SL65, I tell you that I am aware of that, and thus you reply "Good for you!" and now you are calling me sensitive? I expected a moderator to be a little more mature.

60-130 in 7.5 seconds, 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, and 0-100mph in 7.4 seconds in the SL65.

Aaron

Those are good numbers, how would you describe the difference in the two cars after 100mph?

Those are good numbers, how would you describe the difference in the two cars after 100mph?

Both cars ride great and pull hard until 140ish, then the SL65 starts to feel floaty (really bad after 150mph), while the SLR feels rock solid up to 172 mph (highest I have had it up to so far). SLR definitely has a lot more top end acceleration.

Aaron

Please tell me you are joking... You randomly tell me that an SLR is faster than a SL65, I tell you that I am aware of that, and thus you reply "Good for you!" and now you are calling me sensitive? I expected a moderator to be a little more mature.

I can always show you the:

door.jpg

Both cars ride great and pull hard until 140ish, then the SL65 starts to feel floaty (really bad after 150mph), while the SLR feels rock solid up to 172 mph (highest I have had it up to so far). SLR definitely has a lot more top end acceleration.

Aaron

I couldnt agree more with the SL being "floaty", after all it is still a luxury car. Your SLR is a beast.

I couldnt agree more with the SL being "floaty", after all it is still a luxury car. Your SLR is a beast.

Thanks, I absolutely love both cars!

Aaron

Why are the SL65 guys always so touchy, this is a common theme.

They so badly want a seat at the "supercar" table, yet every time they get one they turn into chip-on-their-shoulder POS guys.

Easy SL65 guys, easy.

Why are the SL65 guys always so touchy, this is a common theme.

They so badly want a seat at the "supercar" table, yet every time they get one they turn into chip-on-their-shoulder POS guys.

Easy SL65 guys, easy.

You guys are killing me here :eusa_wall:

PLEASE show me were I came off anything but polite.

You guys are killing me here :eusa_wall:

PLEASE show me were I came off anything but polite.

Ok lets start over:

How much power is your SL65 making now, ever have it dynoed? I ask because I'm curious how close it is to Aaron's. :icon_thumleft:

Ok lets start over:

How much power is your SL65 making now, ever have it dynoed? I ask because I'm curious how close it is to Aaron's. :icon_thumleft:

My car dyno'd at 680rw on a hot Florida day

My car dyno'd at 680rw on a hot Florida day

So you are Laguna Hills and Boca. Where in Boca as i happen to be from boca. Actually grew up there.

So you are Laguna Hills and Boca. Where in Boca as i happen to be from boca. Actually grew up there.

Yes I live about 10 minutes from Mizner Park. The car did a few pulls on a Mustang Dyno at Blown By Racing.