Filling up with gas in a Diablo

azlambo

again, I have filled up twice lately and no problems.

I still have to play around with the nozzle angle. Usually, about an 8:00 position works best. :eusa_think:

The nozzles with the long rubber accordian vapor capture things are the worst! :eusa_wall:

I still have to play around with the nozzle angle. Usually, about an 8:00 position works best. :eusa_think:

The nozzles with the long rubber accordian vapor capture things are the worst! :eusa_wall:

maybe its the angle of the hole.

I filled up today, and there was no interuption, no cut off until I was finished filling.

go figure

• 1 month later...
How many miles or kilometers on a tank do you guys get? Not that I care about gas mileage at all but just wondering

I usually go about 350 kms when going urban and about 400 when travelling but then there is plenty of reserve depending on the intensity of my driving.

When on the track it seemed I spent about 4 litres per 10 kms :icon_thumleft:

On another note, do you Diablo owners notice that once your gas gauge needle reaches the 1/2 mark,

it tends to get to the "E" rather fast :eusa_think: .............a lot faster than from "F" to the 1/2 mark? :shock:

On another note, do you Diablo owners notice that once your gas gauge needle reaches the 1/2 mark,

it tends to get to the "E" rather fast :eusa_think: .............a lot faster than from "F" to the 1/2 mark? :shock:

I think it has to do with the float. But yes, I have experienced the 1/2 empty drain.

YES!

I feel like every car I have ever owned does this. Probably just not as rapidly because of the fact that my cars got a bit better mileage then diablos!

Never checked it, never cared.

.....because you never drive the car. :D

I get about 350km per tank daily driving. If I'm on a long haul back to my home in GA, I get about 420km.

I don't trust the gauge at all. I go by the trip meter. I fill all the way to the brim and hit the reset on the trip. I've calculated that my reserve light comes on about 7 gallons left in the tank. I've done allot of checking and can say this is pretty accurate....for my VT Roadster.

I kinda don't understand why filling the tank trips the pump so badly. I looked at the rubber hose to the tank and concluded that the angle is just too severe for fast fueling.

I will say, I prefer the gas cap position of the 6.0....straighter line access to the tank.

Shamile

.....because you never drive the car. :D

I get about 350km per tank daily driving. If I'm on a long haul back to my home in GA, I get about 420km.

I don't trust the gauge at all. I go by the trip meter. I fill all the way to the brim and hit the reset on the trip. I've calculated that my reserve light comes on about 7 gallons left in the tank. I've done allot of checking and can say this is pretty accurate....for my VT Roadster.

I kinda don't understand why filling the tank trips the pump so badly. I looked at the rubber hose to the tank and concluded that the angle is just too severe for fast fueling.

I will say, I prefer the gas cap position of the 6.0....straighter line access to the tank.

Shamile

LOL you got me there. I gauge my mileage by how many months a tank lasts.

LOL you got me there. I gauge my mileage by how many months a tank lasts.

do you use an additive so the gas does not cause problems?

From what I have read about gas and age, it turns pretty quickly.

do you use an additive so the gas does not cause problems?

From what I have read about gas and age, it turns pretty quickly.

Just kidding there, maybe in the tank a month, never had any problems but I do think about that.

How many miles or kilometers on a tank do you guys get? Not that I care about gas mileage at all but just wondering

I never cared about the milage myself, but when I picked up my car today, I filled it up completely, drove 130 km, and filled it up again. I got 16 litres on. In other words 19 mpg / 1.23l/10km, which is way better than I'd imagine.